Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Commanders 'n Chiefs (No Politics In The Stadium Edition)

TK
Message added by TK,

1473048416_ScreenShot2022-08-20at7_02_19PM.thumb.png.3bf5e06fac0d3b28aad7603b4ee91d11.png

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Mahomes is an MVP, Super Bowl winning QB. What were you expecting.

But the team wasn't "destroyed".

As I said, think what you want.

We could not stop their starters (they were 5 for 5 on 3rd down) nor score on their starters.

Stop trying to sugar coat this because their starters came out before some ridiculous madden score was dropped on us.

Throwing out the score was close at halftime or any point after we were down 14-0 is disingenuous, it wasn't competitive until both teams put backups in.

And when you say "played as long as they needed him to", dude, exactly, he proved his point, he might of been in their longer if we showed some fight but he Mahomes made his point and there was no value in him staying out their any longer.

There's a reason he got pulled beginning of the second quarter and Wentz wasn't pulled until the middle of the 2nd quarter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Rivera himself was involuntary unemployed at the  time he got to this team, too. He owns all this. 

I completely agree with this.  It's hard to watch.  This entire staff is clueless and you can tell the players know it.  When guys know they are not being put in a position to succeed, they stop believing and their play is flat and uninspired. 

• Like 1

If this were a regular season game, KC would do to us what the Cowboys did to us in Dallas late last season and drop half a hundred.  We’re atrocious on 3rd down, and nothing in the offseason changed at all.  We won’t be the worst defense in the league considering the QB’s we face this year, but we’re at best a bottom 3rd defense.  JDR will be fired by week 6 at this rate.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The entire franchise looks dated. From roster construction. General football philosophies. To coaching hires. To front office membership. To coaching styles.

Everything about this franchise is more akin to 2007 than 2022. At some point there has to be some acceptance that this is a mediocre at best group leading this franchise.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

They couldnt look any further from being a contender. The bad teams looks closer to being contenders than we do. We look to be firmly entrenching ourselves in mediocrity .

• Like 4

Just now, Tundra scout said:

Remember when the Lions went 4-0 in pre season then went 0-16 in the regular season?  Relax people 

I  am somewhere between this point and the ones who are very upset.

I do think it was a "meh" performance.  I also think it's a good wake up call at the right time.  I'd rather it happen in preseason than have another slow start to the season ala the last two years and then they wake up. 

• Like 3

Yeah this is an obvious pattern besides the third down struggles

Just now, The Rook said:

I am still waiting to see Dyami Brown take the top off the defense with his "Desean Jackson" speed.  He was out there, but he was covered.

:229:The Rook

The irony is the few draftniks who were down on him were down on him because he didn't have the Desean Jackson speed.  4.46 speed is good but not special like a D. Jax. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The irony is the few draftniks who were down on him were down on him because he didn't have the Desean Jackson speed.  4.46 speed is good but not special like a D. Jax. 

True that.  I just wanted to make a point to the posters on here who have automatically putting Brown in the WR room because of his speed.  If he can't get open or make the contested catch, his "speed" doesn't matter. 

He isn't earning it, but I do not think they will cut or PS him.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

F that, cut Brown, no fight at all.

With his hand out like that, you can't rely on breadbasketing it.  Put your hands out, jump if you have to, and fn diamond it.

Just go away, we done here, I've seen enough.

I'm close to giving up on him. It seemed like 3 or 4 different plays, Dyami refused to fight for the ball.  He wouldn't even leave his feet. Wasn't jump balls supposedly one of his strengths???

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The Rook said:

I am still waiting to see Dyami Brown take the top off the defense with his "Desean Jackson" speed.  He was out there, but he was covered.

He's quickly moving into my don't like category, especially if we keep him over Sims or Harmon. I'll give that Harmon have done anything since 2019, but Brown is doing nothing while Sims is showing why he belongs. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So...basically the exact same **** he was saying last season when our 3rd down D was atrocious? I'm starting to get sick of hearing this crap. I don't want to overreact right now, but later on if the defense is this bad for the first part of the season, heads need to roll. If the players are still undisciplined this far in, then that says a hell of a lot about the leadership and coaching IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

So...basically the exact same **** he was saying last season when our 3rd down D was atrocious? I'm starting to get sick of hearing this crap. I don't want to overreact right now, but later on if the defense is this bad for the first part of the season, heads need to roll. If the players are still undisciplined this far in, then that says a hell of a lot about the leadership and coaching IMO.

A change on the defensive side is due. At this point I’m not even sure it’s totally on Del Rio. I could see him going somewhere and maybe being successful again. But it’s time in DC.

• Like 1