Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Commanders 'n Chiefs (No Politics In The Stadium Edition)

TK
Message added by TK,

1473048416_ScreenShot2022-08-20at7_02_19PM.thumb.png.3bf5e06fac0d3b28aad7603b4ee91d11.png

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

8-9 wins might be too much.

6-7 wins more likely.

If that happens, the entire staff should be let go.  It'll be proof they're building nothing (major injury occurrences aside, of course).

Ron has everything and I mean everything on his side going into this year.  3rd year, starters on D unchanged from last year, so zero excuses not to be on the same page, 6th easiest schedule in the league, next to no hot-shot QBs to worry about, has his hand-picked QB that he professes to love.  Scott Turner has a bunch of very good (if not great) weapons at his disposal who all know his system.  He's out of excuses, too. 

If we should look like this during the season (like we did the last two years) then Ron should be in hot water.  It's his show, his hand-picked crew on an off the field.  

I just can't stand the excuse of "we probably won't get anyone better".  That may be true - heck, I believe it is true,  but you're a total loser organization if you let that stop you from holding the current regime accountable.  Cinci lost a billion years holding onto Lewis because they were afraid he was the best they could do.  Are we going to do the same for Ron IF his team doesn't show that 3rd year leap with everything set up for them to do that very thing?  Because I thought the objective was to - at the very minimum - field a consistent winning team (and that means truly winning 10+ games, not this technical game above .500 crap, and eventually win SBs....

• Like 2

Our defense is undisciplined, too loose in coverage, poor at keeping contain. They are strong at getting interior pressure and when the QB stays in the pocket they can collapse. But if the QB moves they have all day to throw. 

Linebackers don’t play downhill either. I’m hoping it’s due to a vanilla scheme. 

• Like 3

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Jamin came in on a free blitz, came to a full stop then restarted...

gotta carry that momentum

The only time any of our backers play downhill is on a blitz. They dance. They seem to be struggling reading the guards. That’s where a more traditional MIKE type who is a bit more athletic than a true 4-3 MIKE, would be valuable. More practice reading guards. I don’t think Jamin reads guards.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Redwards said:

If that happens, the entire staff should be let go.  It'll be proof they're building nothing (major injury occurrences aside, of course).

Ron has everything and I mean everything on his side going into this year.  3rd year, starters on D unchanged from last year, so zero excuses not to be on the same page, 6th easiest schedule in the league, next to no hot-shot QBs to worry about, has his hand-picked QB that he professes to love.  Scott Turner has a bunch of very good (if not great) weapons at his disposal who all know his system.  He's out of excuses, too. 

If we should look like this during the season (like we did the last two years) then Ron should be in hot water.  It's his show, his hand-picked crew on an off the field.  

I just can't stand the excuse of "we probably won't get anyone better".  That may be true - heck, I believe it is true,  but you're a total loser organization if you let that stop you from holding the current regime accountable.  Cinci lost a billion years holding onto Lewis because they were afraid he was the best they could do.  Are we going to do the same for Ron IF his team doesn't show that 3rd year leap with everything set up for them to do that very thing?  Because I thought the objective was to - at the very minimum - field a consistent winning team (and that means truly winning 10+ games, not this technical game above .500 crap, and eventually win SBs....

Agree with all of this except the hot water part. He should just be gone if he doesn’t produce show serious strides this year. I think he will be bc he’s either too loyal or not bright enough (or both) to realize what a liability both of his coordinators are. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Okay now I’m getting frustrated. Why the hell are we playing a loose man coverage 8 yards off the ball across the board on a routine basis. Why? I just don’t understand it. Are they that afraid of our guy’s ability to play man? If so, why do we have them on our roster.

Also, Shane Buechele is better than anyone (aside from me of course) ever gave him credit for.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Redwards said:

One thing between Mike Brown and Dan Snyder; one is scum and has a history of interfering. Remember Ron only took this job because Dan gave him total control.

All the off the field stuff is also hurting the team.

When Ron ‘s tenure ends this offseason or next; Dan will Have a hard time.  The young up and comers will say no.  He will be stuck with another Jim Zorn or a retread desperate to be a head coach.

• Thumb up 1

Looks to be another year of not watching them play. Nothing that impresses with this team other than their inability to put effort into the games. Where are the "men" of this team?

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

One thing between Mike Brown and Dan Snyder; one is scum and has a history of interfering. Remember Ron only took this job because Dan gave him total control.

All the off the field stuff is also hurting the team.

When Ron ‘s tenure ends this offseason or next; Dan will Have a hard time.  The young up and comers will say no.  He will be stuck with another Jim Zorn or a retread desperate to be a head coach.

Yeah, thats what I keep thinking about. If he gets rid of Ron, then there is nothing that will come here to coach that will be worth a damn.