Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2022 Regular Season Prediction Thread

zCommander

What The Record Will Be?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The Record

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Lions have a good OL, a potential stud RB in Swift, and a potential stud WR in St. Brown. But Goff is average at best and their D is mostly trash. I'd still expect to win but agree it'll probably be high scoring. Thinking something like 34-27.

They put 35 up on the Eagles.  The Eagles scored at will against them.

Common sense would tell you this is another shootout.

So it will end 17-15.

• Haha 3

I’m not sure how good the Lions defense is or will be with Aaron Glenn as their defensive coordinator. He was a great corner but not sure how he calling a defense. I live in Philly and had the Eagles game on in the background. Lions made zero adjustments to Hurts scrambling. He ran so easily through that defense. Saw Hutchinson huffing and puffing chasing him down all day. 

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’ve always wondered how rankings work in college football….it’s not mathematical? 

(serious question btw)

The only math involved is money.

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Other people rank us lower,min the upper 20's

We musta made impression given how many experts had us competing for the #1 overall pick. 

Feels more like where we shoulda started in the first place, middle of the pack or higher is generous until we beat someone like the Eagles (who don't look like they've missed a beat from last season)

Edited by Renegade7

14 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So how do they rank college football teams? I assumed it’s the same as the NFL but then I heard talk this week of Alabama being given a low rank and I’m thinking “aren’t they 2-0”? 

Responding to you here so if someone disagrees with me or has a better answer can flesh it out there:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Good grief, #17!

Not only has Washington risen to #17, but look how far the cowboys dropped (#24).

They were in the top 10 in most rankings before the season started. Now with losing Prescott, they are in free fall.

I like it. :dallas_sucks:

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Interesting read coming from WaPo....

The Commanders could start 6-1? The Commanders could start 6-1!

This is what I've been saying. And I'm not even basing it on who we play because we'll win a game we shouldn't and we'll lose a game we shouldn't. But we have an offense that's dangerous. Other teams are falling apart and as long as we're not injured we have the talent to hang with anybody. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

With our defense, 6-1 seems unlikely. We could still have a decent start depending on the state of our opponents when we face them. Whatever good our offense can do, could be counteracted by our defense.

Dude, WTF? What do you even contribute with your negative schtick? Damned harpy.

Edited by mudhog

I think one major difference in this season with Wentz vs last season with Henicke is that a turnover doesn't effectively end all hope in a game because the offense legitimately has the ability to score on any individual play.  Last season with TH, so many drives looked good at the start but when you have to run 15+ successful plays on every drive, it becomes extremely difficult to sustain.  With Wentz, he can come back from a turnover and throw a laser guided strike behind the defense.   Obviously turnovers are sitll bad, especially later in the game, but it isn't going to be a nail in the coffin the way it was last season.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1