Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2022 Regular Season Prediction Thread

zCommander

What The Record Will Be?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The Record

23 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

It's kind of funny reading all these predictions after seeing almost everybody praising the draft picks, Wentz, etc. You'd think this team should be a lot better than last years 7-10 with that Noodle Arm at QB.

Offense will be better but then you have our defense to counteract anything good the offense does.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Offense will be better but then you have our defense to counteract anything good the offense does.

What about if the D gave the same performance as last year? If that is the case and with Wentz this team should be a 9 win team at minimum. I like them to win 11 though. 

• Like 1

This team starts slow, slow to start the season and slow to win the actual game. I don't care about the latter, but they CANNOT afford to lose to the Jags and Lions to start the season. I know, everyone wants to say the Jags and Lions are going to be better (for some reason we don't get that luxury), but I don't think they're going to be as competent as everyone assumes they will be.

• Like 1

I honestly thought this team with Wentz would challenge for the division title.  TBH, I am just not as confident at all, somebody tell me different.  I also thought at the very least a lock for double digit wins, LOCK!  I saw some of the pre season, and I just don't know.

I am frustrated.

7 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

You care too much

Your right.  I just don't know how not to care.

2 minutes ago, sebestian said:

I honestly thought this team with Wentz would challenge for the division title.  TBH, I am just not as confident at all, somebody tell me different.  I also thought at the very least a lock for double digit wins, LOCK!  I saw some of the pre season, and I just don't know.

I am frustrated.

Your right.  I just don't know how not to care.

Imagine they are all playing on a playground and none of them are your kids.

If something happens that you don’t like, you can yell stop and tell their parents, if they don’t listen….eh not your kids anyway.

You get to go home and eat cake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://theathletic.com/3561487/2022/09/06/nfl-power-rankings-week-1?source=user-shared-article

28. Washington Commanders

Mock rank: T-21 (8.2 wins)

The good news: The owner hasn’t been subpoenaed by Congress in days.

The bad news: Last year’s 22nd-ranked defense is missing its star pass rusher until at least Week 5, there’s a weird feud between the head coach and the now-default top running back and the famously scattershot quarterback has been described as wild all summer. At least the schedule is relatively easy.

Nugget to remember: Expect a lot of play action from this offense. The Commanders ranked second in the league in early-down play action in 2021, according to TruMedia, while Wentz’s Colts ranked third. Wentz’s yards per attempt jumped from 6.1 on plays without play action (27th in the league) to 8.5 on plays with play action (15th in the league).

1277488262_Screenshot_20220906-103435_TheAthletic.thumb.jpg.116f76c4ecde8b647a48c5caba9bfdac.jpg

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Can anyone, please, for the love of God, tell me why the national media is sucking off the Eagles so hard? They landed a bunch of big names? Ok...and?

They have so much talent around Hurts right now that if he does "arrive", not sure what team beats them.

As for us, there's jus so many teams I see us having more talent them that it's hard not to see us around or above .500.

Jags, Lions, Texans, Falcons, and Giants twice...that's 6 games we should win even with a full on defensive collapse this year like we started last year.  We can find 3-4 more wins on top of that, Bears, Colts, and Vikings are all winnable, anything can happen in either of our Dallas games, wouldn't be shocked if we get swept by Philly again, but a locked in Wentz could force a split.

9-8 because the defense terrifies me, despite the NFL pretty begging us to start out the gate 2-0.

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

11-6 and a playoff win and Wentz and Rivera get big time extensions in the off season

That's like best case scenario while cause for concern if after year 3 and getting Wentz we don't get at least that.

I know I'm one of the more positive fans out there. But I want to be taken seriously right now. If we look back at the teams since 1993, we can see that every time we've had a legit NFL QB to start the season, we started of hot with the exception of 2000 and injury years. 

1996 (after Gus beat Heath)

1999 with Johnson 

There's a large gap in there because in 05 we thought Ramsey was the starter but it was Brunell and he wasn't really a starter. In 07 it was similar because Campbell had to learn on the job. But in 08 he won some games early. 

2012 is also different because RG3 had to learn (and the team too). By 17 Cousins was established as the man and was playing great and led us to a great start. 

Then in 18 we had the Smith year which was great (record wise) until he was hurt. 

So what I'm saying is that the first 8 games I can easily see us at 6-2 based on history. Then it's up to Scott and Ron to keep things going but I'm confident they'll be able to. So I'm saying 12 wins this year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1