Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2022 Regular Season Prediction Thread

zCommander

What The Record Will Be?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The Record

RR and his illustrious .523 winning percentage with only 3 winning seasons out of 11 (.272 winning season percentage) is statistically due.

When he does have a winning season it's 12.6 game avg.(if stats return to the mean that's 13-4)

I went with 11-6 because Wentz is playing for his career, RR is due for a winning season, and the schedule is favorable.

Edited by TheShredder
  • Like 2

Going optimistic, I see 12-5. Last year, pretty much everything that could go wrong went wrong and we were a hair’s breath from making the playoffs. 

Think about it: we lost half the team to COVID, our starting QB who was regarded as a backup lasted 1/2 of one game before getting hurt and making way for a QB that wasn’t highly regarded enough to make a practice squad less than a year earlier. Then, we lost our best tight end, our third down back, our top five centers, our best three pass rushers, and we still almost made the playoffs. 

If we have half the bad luck we did last year, this is easily a playoff team. 

That said, I don’t think there’s an OC out there that can’t put-chess Del Rio. Last year, he made Blache look like an innovative wizard. We also don’t know if our DBs will rediscover how to cover and communicate. So, the negative part of me sees 7-10. 

• Like 2

Too early. Until you actually see them  in preseason, if Ron plays them; you can’t get that early feeling. Need To see them against other teams.

Right now, I’d say 8-9 and we just miss playoffs or 9-8 and we just make playoffs but have a quick exit.

Also, if we do make playoffs; Dan is dumb enough to give Ron an extension and then watch it fall apart in 23/24.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

12 hours ago, markmills67 said:

I've never been one that says we've got an easy schedule, some team's get stronger and some teams get weaker over the off-season. Each game as it comes in my opinion. 

But compared to last year it is an easier schedule and sure things will/can change and how the draftees will impact their respective team. Last year we still were able to squeeze out 7 wins. So with Wentz and improvements over last year we should easily be a 11-12 win team if not 14. 

10 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Too early. Until you actually see them  in preseason, if Ron plays them; you can’t get that early feeling. Need To see them against other teams.

Right now, I’d say 8-9 and we just miss playoffs or 9-8 and we just make playoffs but have a quick exit.

Also, if we do make playoffs; Dan is dumb enough to give Ron an extension and then watch it fall apart in 23/24.

Last year we won 7 games and that was with Taylor. How can you even possibly think we will be just 1 or 2 games better? Surly, Wentz with his added weapons is good for at least 6 more games wins over last year. 

37 minutes ago, zCommander said:

But compared to last year it is an easier schedule and sure things will/can change and how the draftees will impact their respective team. Last year we still were able to squeeze out 7 wins. So with Wentz and improvements over last year we should easily be a 11-12 win team if not 14. 

Last year we won 7 games and that was with Taylor. How can you even possibly think we will be just 1 or 2 games better? Surly, Wentz with his added weapons is good for at least 6 more games wins over last year. 

No.

Nope. 

Nadda.

Maybe in 2-3 years if all goes well.,

40 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No.

Nope. 

Nadda.

Maybe in 2-3 years if all goes well.,

It will be too late by then. The players we have will be older and would have moved on to other teams. We have a pretty good team this year. This is the year you have to take the team deep into the playoffs with Wentz. This is the way. 

13 minutes ago, zCommander said:

It will be too late by then. The players we have will be older and would have moved on to other teams. We have a pretty good team this year. This is the year you have to take the team deep into the playoffs with Wentz. This is the way. 

They needed to also get Foles :ols:

Maybe they can get Baker Mayfield for a discount though!

• Sad 1

I do not like what my prediction crystal ball is showing me.  The good news is that it is usually wrong,

I do not have warm fuzzys about Curtis Samuel.  I don't think that when he gets on the field, he will be the player they envisioned when they paid SOOOOO much money for him.  I need some week-in, week-out "show-me" from him.

There is a HUGE hole in our "doughnut" defense at the LB spot.  How ITF can DC guru Twitter-of-the-River look at the LB room and go "Yep, we good!"

I think Weintz had a great statistical year last year and could have the makings this team needs at QB, but ...

I remember his sour grapes at Philly that precipitated that trade and I really want to see the maturity needed at the position when things go bad.  You know, the "It's on me, I'm the quarterback." press conference.

DE1 and TE1 are still rehabilitating.  

In the end, I predict better than I fear, but not as good as most people on this thread.

magic 8 ball GIF by Matt Cutshall

:229:The Rook

Edited by The Rook
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, zCommander said:

Ain’t happening. This a Dan Snyder team and 13 wins and a deep run ain’t happening.

52 minutes ago, Csup said:

Cowboys and Eagles are better than Washington.  They'll finish 3rd in the East. 

7-10.

Cowboys have to play the Rams, Bucs and Bengals.  

The Eagles ran up the score against a bunch of really bad teams.  They are like us in 2020.  

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We're going to beat the Cowboys in the finale in a winner take all game. Mike McCarthy will be fired a couple hours later.

God I hope McCarthy is never fired.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

11-6. NFC East Champs. Win a playoff game. 

Ditto, hate the disrespect from national media, even on GMFB.  They did a segment on Cowboys/Eagles, whose winning the division.  I don't get the Eagles hype.

11 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Ditto, hate the disrespect from national media, even on GMFB.  They did a segment on Cowboys/Eagles, whose winning the division.  I don't get the Eagles hype.

Why should we get any respect?  What the hell have we done to earn respect?  Until this team wins consistently, this will continue happening.  Go out and prove it, then be celebrated.  If I were a neutral fan, I wouldn't predict this team winning a damn thing either.  The Cowboys and Eagles are the two best teams in the division until otherwise stated.  It's funny how we always whine and complain about being disrespected, when a normal year from this team consists of going either 1-5 or 0-6 in the division.  Want to know what our record was against the Cowboys and Eagles last year?  0-4.  Remember when we lost by 6 FREAKING touchdowns to the Cowboys on Sunday Night Football?  I don't want to hear any complaints of how the media covers us.  As far as I'm concerned, they treat us exactly how we should be treated, as an afterthought.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, samy316 said:

Why should we get any respect?  What the hell have we done to earn respect?  Until this team wins consistently, this will continue happening.  Go out and prove it, then be celebrated.  If I were a neutral fan, I wouldn't predict this team winning a damn thing either.  The Cowboys and Eagles are the two best teams in the division until otherwise stated.  It's funny how we always whine and complain about being disrespected, when a normal year from this team consists of going either 1-5 or 0-6 in the division.  Want to know what our record was against the Cowboys and Eagles last year?  0-4.  Remember when we lost by 6 FREAKING touchdowns to the Cowboys on Sunday Night Football?  I don't want to hear any complaints of how the media covers us.  As far as I'm concerned, they treat us exactly how we should be treated, as an afterthought.

Aside from the whole respect/disrespect thing it is really hard for me to believe that Hurts is better than Wentz and therefor the Eagles will have a better record than us. I know they keep on saying that the Eagles have improved this year but their QB is still the same though. If our D can be like it was from two years ago we are going to make some serious noise in our division. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Negative love here. Downright hate.

Good god, man! Which Washington player pissed in your cheerios?! The Texans?! 

Edited by duffy