Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2022 Regular Season Prediction Thread

zCommander

What The Record Will Be?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The Record

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

All right it's time to predict the season.

88Comrade2000's 2022 Commies Prediction 

Week 1: Jags-  We come out flat and lose a shocker.  10-24: 0-1

Week 2: @Lions- We rebound but barely win, in a shootout.  34-31: 1-1

Week 3: Eagles- Carson's rises against his former team.  31-24: 2-1

Week 4: @Boys- Carson has a bad game and defense gets run over. 12-41: 2-2

Week 5: Titans- Derrick Henry runs all over us.  16-28: 2-3

Week 6: @Bears- Defense finally has a great game.  44-14: 3-3 

Week 7: Packers- Defense makes those rookie WRs like hall of famers.  27- 37: 3-4

Week 8: @Indy- Irsay is on TV all week saying Colts will crush us. Carson & Defense has a lights out performance and we crush them. 38-18: 4-4

Week 9: Vikings- Defense falters and Kirk gets his revenge, in a close one. 27-31: 4-5

Week 10: @Eagles- Philly wins a close one in the last minute. 31-34: 4-6 

Week 11: @Texans- Nothings cures a shaky defense than a bad team.  45-10: 5-6

Week 12: Atlanta- Back to back wins for 2nd time this season. 33-17: 6-6

Week 13: @Giants- Daniel Jones or whoever is the qb then, has a great day. We fall flat.  13-31: 6-7

Week 14: Bye Week-  Jack Del Rio is fired.

Week 15: Giants- We crush whoever us the QB in the rematch.  41-13: 7-7

Week 16: @San Fran- We lose a last second heartbreaker.  21-24: 7-8

Week 17: Browns- in one of the Browns few highlights, the sexual predator Watson has a good day.  20-34: 7-9 

Week 18: Boys-  We are already eliminated but Dallas needs this to make playoffs. We deny them a spot and get Mike fired. 34-21: 8-9

Dan meets Ron after the season and retains him. He does tell Ron, he has too much on his plate and Ron  just handles coaching duties. The power/final say Ron had, is transferred Martin Mayhew; who spends 2023 auditioning to be  Dan's new Vinny/Bruce. 

Best case scenario we go 10-7 and a quick wild card exit. Worst case scenario we go 6-11. I think we have an up and down season, so 8-9 is my prediction.  I figure we are flat next week but the offense then picks up becomes the highlight of season. The Achilles heel will be our up and down defense; which will prevent us from making the playoffs. Carson will do enough to be retained in 2023.   Ron enters 2023 on the hot seat, needing a playoff berth to retain his job. The MJW white report doesn't come out until next spring.

That sounds exactly like what I was going to predict.  I was toying with going with a 9-8 record, but I agree with 8-9.  I agree with the fact that this will be an up and down year, with more downs early in the season.  Ron will definitely be on the hot seat after this season, and I predict that we will have a desperate offseason.  We will finally open up our wallets and go all out in FA to save Ron’s job for 2023.

The defense will be the reason we go 8-9.  They will look a lot like last year’s defense, maybe worse.  Del-Rio will get fired by Week 6, and the defense stabilizes some after the firing, but still can’t get off the field on key 3rd downs.

Edited by samy316

I am not sure why people are thinking Ron will be on the hot seat. Warm maybe. He does have Wentz for the next 2 years as well. If Wentz bombs out then next man up will be Howell (unless they see someone else in next year draft) and Ron will get a longer leash to make him the franchise QB instead. 

I really want 11 wins this season. Need to break the 10 win season. Someone has to get to Gibbs 1.0 level. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

I am not sure why people are thinking Ron will be on the hot seat. Warm maybe. He does have Wentz for the next 2 years as well. If Wentz bombs out then next man up will be Howell (unless they see someone else in next year draft) and Ron will get a longer leash to make him the franchise QB instead. 

I really want 11 wins this season. Need to break the 10 win season. Someone has to get to Gibbs 1.0 level. 

Said hot seat for 23 season, not this season. Actually, the only coach on the hot seat is Mike McCarthy.

Ron will definitely be on the seat in 23; should my prediction come true: no playoffs with a losing season. That would be 2 years of no playoffs and 3 straight losing seasons. The expectation for 23 would be a playoff season.

Even if we missed playoffs with a winning season, while the seat wouldn’t be hot going into 23; the expectation would be playoffs.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

12 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Best case scenario we go 10-7 and a quick wild card exit. Worst case scenario we go 6-11. I think we have an up and down season, so 8-9 is my prediction.  I figure we are flat next week but the offense then picks up becomes the highlight of season. The Achilles heel will be our up and down defense; which will prevent us from making the playoffs. Carson will do enough to be retained in 2023.   Ron enters 2023 on the hot seat, needing a playoff berth to retain his job. The MJW white report doesn't come out until next spring.

You have Washington scoring 30+ points nine times.  There is no way this team does that.  It shoots itself in the foot when they do move the football leading to field goals.  The rest of the time, they don't move the football.  On top of that, the defense can't get off the field, so the offense won't have the football enough times to score at least 30 points.

I get that this is a new year with a new QB and they have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL, but this is essentially the same team.  At least it looked like the same impotent team in the preseason.

Added:  Best case scenario is 8-9.  However, I would not be shocked if they went 6-11.

Edited by cakmoney61
Added a sentence.
  • Sad 1

It’s hard for me to predict anything more than 5 or 6 wins.  When there is no confidence in the defense to ever force any opponent to punt.  Honestly don’t see why teams just make there punters inactive on games they play us.  Our defense is so predictably bad on third downs it’s sickening.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, zCommander said:

I really think with all that happened in 2020 that year will not be held against him, making this his actual year 2

8 minutes ago, MrJL said:

I really think with all that happened in 2020 that year will not be held against him, making this his actual year 2

True. I was thinking if Haskins wasn't on the roster then Ron probably would have gone with Herbert instead of Chase instead. 

5 minutes ago, zCommander said:

True. I was thinking if Haskins wasn't on the roster then Ron probably would have gone with Herbert instead of Chase instead. 

No.  There was a reason Redskins vs Giants was the Chase Young Bowl, and Tua was the number 2 QB.  Taking the third best QB and at best the fourth best player with the number 2 pick would have opened this era with a massive cloud over everyone's head

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MrJL said:

No.  There was a reason Redskins vs Giants was the Chase Young Bowl, and Tua was the number 2 QB.  Taking the third best QB and at best the fourth best player with the number 2 pick would have opened this era with a massive cloud over everyone's head

So with no QB on the roster we would have still gone with Chase? Could have just traded down and pickup a QB a bit later instead. 

Edited by zCommander

5 minutes ago, zCommander said:

So with no QB on the roster we would have still gone with Chase? Could have just traded down and pickup a QB a bit later instead. 

Unless they traded to five with the Dolphins then they'd have ended up with neither because the next QB taken after Herbert was Jordan Love in the mid-20s.  The choices were Chase and Tua and Tua's injuries had made it dangerous to take him. 

11 hours ago, zCommander said:

Year 4 of a 5 year contract. Coaches don’t coach on their last year of deals. Jason Garrett was the last HC to do so over the last 10+ years

12 hours ago, samy316 said:

Ron will definitely be on the hot seat after this season, and I predict that we will have a desperate offseason.  We will finally open up our wallets and go all out in FA to save Ron’s job for 2023.

And give up a bunch of draft picks for a rookie QB. Rookie QB struggles because that’s what rookies do. Ron gets fired after 2023. Next head coach is set up for failure for trying to make the last staffs QB work while having no draft picks. Because of said scenario we’re looking at a Zorn 2.0 search because who the hell would want the job after Ron scorches the earth. That head coach fired after 2 years. The year is 2026 and we draft Arch manning 

Just now, MrJL said:

this is year 3.  2020, 2021, and now 2022

We’re talking after this season. 

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

If there was no QB on the roster, they would have either taken Tua, taken Chase and lived with the decision, or tried to trade back, but they couldn't have traded back more than 2-3 spots.

The trade-back scenario assumes somebody would move up to get Young.  Which I am sure a lot of teams would have been willing to do. 

Then the question becomes, did they like Herbert at all?  Because if they liked Herbert, they could go back as far as 5, and probably get him.  If they didn't like Herbert, and they wanted Tua, then they could really only go back a spot or two.  

Which we will never know.  

I actually think if Haskins wasn't on the roster, they would have first tried to get up to #1 to get Burrow.  I don't think that would have worked, but I absolutely think they would have tried.  But Ron said from the beginning, it was Burrow or Chase they had as the clear #1 and #2 options in the draft.  Herbert was not projected to explode the way he did.  Tua was the consensus #2 QB off the board (and not just with the draft pundits, the Dolphins also took him as the second QB off the board.)

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I'm thinking Thursday game betweeen Bills-Rams will be our Superbowl this year.

The Bills are cursed because the Bills Mafia is obnoxious.  The football gods have deemed they will either wallow in obscurity, or come SO close to the prize, but lose it in a devastating way, crushing the souls of all of their obnoxious fans.  

I think they will find a way to not get to the SB.  I'm actually looking for a "bounce back" KC year.  I think Mahomes knows he gagged away the AFC Championship game, and I think he's going to be much sharper this year.  

I don't know from the NFC Side. Every contending team has questions:

- Rams: Stafford's health has been an issue

- 49ers: Rookie QB

- Cardinals: They are the Cardinals. Something bad always happens to them.

- GB: They still have Barry as a DC, and he's awful, and that's going to cost them at a critical juncture

- Vikings: Kurt will find a way... to not come through in the biggest situation.  (I say this acknowledging he has a bunch of 4th quarter comebacks, and a playoff win.  He's a lot better than a lot of folks here want to give him credit for.  But when the lights are brightest, he has been the smallest.)

- Dallas: they aren't as good as last year. McCarthy is a boob.

- Eagles: Hurts needs to be able to throw the ball for them to win.  And he's yet to prove he can do that.

- TB: Giesel is having issues with Tom playing ball.  So either Tom has marriage problems or stops playing to save his marriage.  Also, new HC.  

- Saints:  Winston.  

So, I dunno.  Frankly, I think any of those teams have as good a shot as any, and if injuries break the right way for us and Wentz is 2018/2019 Wentz, we would be in that group as well.  

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

I dont know what to think about actual win loss. The schedule we play is terrible. But I think we'll be the 3rd best team in the division making us battling for the 7th seed in the playoffs. Think thats our ceiling. 

Dallas' slate of QBs is really tough, especially early.  

I think the Eagles are a MASSIVE question mark because of Hurts.  I personally don't think he's going to turn into Lamar Jackson.  And if he doesn't, they are running the entire offense back with the addition of DJ Brown. Are they really going to be that much better offensively?  Sure they'll be better defensively, but good offense beats good defense in today's NFL.

I could easily see us splitting with the Eagles and Cowboys.  Finishing with a 4-2 division record, and being a real factor in the division race.

I could also see things not working out, and being a much worse team.  

Time will tell.  I am more optimistic.  But also very cognizant it all could come crashing down.  

32 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Finishing with a 4-2 division record

The biggest if for me to making the playoffs imo is sweeping the giants. If they lose one I think the likelihood is close to zero. The 6-9 teams in the conference are just very tight and they can’t afford to go 3-3 in the division. 

3 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

This team has a playoff potential offense, but unfortunately a likely bottom tier defense

This is true, but the neutralizer for a bad defense is turnovers and sacks. They were -6 and #25 worst turnover differential. Subtract several TH Int's and AG finds the handle and that's a few W's. Need a +2 or better, like the Rams at #13 with a +2.

It's the only reason I can come up with for them running it back with this defense.

• Like 1