Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2022 Regular Season Prediction Thread

zCommander

What The Record Will Be?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The Record

2 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Dallas didn't get better. PHI wins the off-season, but that doesn't replace their QB nor does adding FA's without that position solidified. PHI front office is a mess and grasping at straws. That's why I don't view them as clearly better.

Hold up, you just really called PHI's FO a mess????  Seriously??  Then what the **** is our FO then 😄

I would love to have a "messy" FO like the Eagles.  The abundance of 1st round picks, and the excellent talent they acquired during the offseason pales in comparison to whatever the **** we did 🙄

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

On 6/10/2022 at 8:51 AM, samy316 said:

Hold up, you just really called PHI's FO a mess????  Seriously??  Then what the **** is our FO then 😄

I would love to have a "messy" FO like the Eagles.  The abundance of 1st round picks, and the excellent talent they acquired during the offseason pales in comparison to whatever the **** we did 🙄

Continuity issues.

Edited by TheShredder

On 6/9/2022 at 9:51 PM, samy316 said:

So you are saying because of that, now Hurts will be greater than Wentz? lol

5 hours ago, zCommander said:

So you are saying because of that, now Hurts will be greater than Wentz? lol

It's not a stretch to see Hurts being just as effective, if not better than Wentz if Wentz keeps having incidents like the end of last season.  Right now, the media and most other fanbases in the NFL would see Hurts-Wentz as a push at best.  It's up to Wentz alone to change that narrative.  Until he does, people will think both QB's are about the same or give the edge to Hurts.

IF Hurts isn't able to excel with the talent around him, then the Eagles can use their 2 1st round picks to move up and grab a QB in a much better 2023 class.  That's where their FO is better than our FO.  While we were letting talent literally walk away for free the last few years, the Eagles were able to take the Wentz haul, and turn it into a treasure trove of ammo for the future.  How is our FO better than their's again?

Edited by samy316

16 hours ago, samy316 said:

It's not a stretch to see Hurts being just as effective, if not better than Wentz if Wentz keeps having incidents like the end of last season.  Right now, the media and most other fanbases in the NFL would see Hurts-Wentz as a push at best.  It's up to Wentz alone to change that narrative.  Until he does, people will think both QB's are about the same or give the edge to Hurts.

IF Hurts isn't able to excel with the talent around him, then the Eagles can use their 2 1st round picks to move up and grab a QB in a much better 2023 class.  That's where their FO is better than our FO.  While we were letting talent literally walk away for free the last few years, the Eagles were able to take the Wentz haul, and turn it into a treasure trove of ammo for the future.  How is our FO better than their's again?

This thread is about this year and not next year...lol

As for our FO, Bruce was an idiot and Dan didn't help. Dan is not going anywhere so I really don't care about that. I care about what the coaches can do to make the team better. Ron did the best he could do with Alex and Haskins. This year he truly has a franchise caliber QB. Things are going in the right direction so far. Not sure which talent has been walked that you think were Prime Grade A+ players.

Regardless, Wentz is better than Hurts. Even a blind squirrel can see this.

2021 NFL Season Stat Categories Carson Wentz Jalen Hurts
Passing Yards 3378 3144
Yds/Att 7 7.3
Att 487 432
Cmp 305 256
Cmp% 62.6 59
TD 26 16
INT 6 9
Rating 95 87.2
QBR 58.3 48.7
Rushing Yards 198 784
Rushing TD's 1 10
Sacks 26 26
Fumbles 7 9
Wins/Losses 9-7 8-7
Games Missed 0 1

2 hours ago, zCommander said:

This thread is about this year and not next year...lol

As for our FO, Bruce was an idiot and Dan didn't help. Dan is not going anywhere so I really don't care about that. I care about what the coaches can do to make the team better. Ron did the best he could do with Alex and Haskins. This year he truly has a franchise caliber QB. Things are going in the right direction so far. Not sure which talent has been walked that you think were Prime Grade A+ players.

Regardless, Wentz is better than Hurts. Even a blind squirrel can see this.

2021 NFL Season Stat Categories Carson Wentz Jalen Hurts
Passing Yards 3378 3144
Yds/Att 7 7.3
Att 487 432
Cmp 305 256
Cmp% 62.6 59
TD 26 16
INT 6 9
Rating 95 87.2
QBR 58.3 48.7
Rushing Yards 198 784
Rushing TD's 1 10
Sacks 26 26
Fumbles 7 9
Wins/Losses 9-7 8-7
Games Missed 0 1

I already gave my prediction for next year, and why they’ll have that record.  As far as Wentz goes, this is his last chance as a starter.  If he craps the bed like he did in Indy, he’ll be a backup QB going forward.  Hurts is in the same position too.  The general public and the media sees Wentz-Hurts as a push.  Check out the QB lists from pundits.  I personally believe Wentz is more talented, but he’s given people plenty of ammo to doubt his standing with his up and down play.

He’s at best a Top 17-18 QB when he doesn’t try to play that dumb hero ball crap.  He’s ranked where he is (in the 20-25 range), because of his tendency to throw up on himself in crucial moments.  We need him to be play like a Top17-18 QB, not the QB that got ran out of Indy.  If he can do that, then we can win 9-10 games.

Edited by samy316

45 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

What.

The guy is a tool. I only see two loses outside of our division. Packers and the Titans. Even then we can still beat the Packers like we almost did last year with Taylor. So 11-6 is the optimal result for Wentz and the team. This was real analysis done for free....lol

• Like 2

My gut tells me that IF we stay healthy, we have  a shot at being a game above .500.  I just don't think this is a tough team, especially on defense.  They should be nasty.  They aren't.  Del Rio just doesn't instill that at all.  

This team has the easiest schedule in football.  They should be in the playoffs.  And I have a feeling that's exactly why they won't be.  Tops is 9 wins for me.

Edited by Redwards

2 hours ago, Redwards said:

My gut tells me that IF we stay healthy, we have  a shot at being a game above .500.  I just don't think this is a tough team, especially on defense.  They should be nasty.  They aren't.  Del Rio just doesn't instill that at all.  

This team has the easiest schedule in football.  They should be in the playoffs.  And I have a feeling that's exactly why they won't be.  Tops is 9 wins for me.

One of the hardest schedules in football last year, hammered by injuries and then wrecked by covid, still led by Heinike to 7 and 9.

And now with the easiest schedule in football and assumed normal health with an upgrade in Wentz and tops is 2 more wins? Seems illogical to me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

One of the hardest schedules in football last year, hammered by injuries and then wrecked by covid, still led by Heinike to 7 and 9.

And now with the easiest schedule in football and assumed normal health with an upgrade in Wentz and tops is 2 more wins? Seems illogical to me. 

Agreed. My logic is if Wentz is twice as better than Taylor then that means at least 14 wins. But I am giving 3 loses to D for falling on their faces in games they shouldn't. So 11 wins is a good season and a playoff appearance. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Right.

It seems illogical.

But that is exactly what this organization excels at: the illogical.  Anytime the ducks are lined up in a favorable row, we blow it.  That's our history.  Until I see otherwise, i remain skeptical.

1 hour ago, Redwards said:

Right.

It seems illogical.

But that is exactly what this organization excels at: the illogical.  Anytime the ducks are lined up in a favorable row, we blow it.  That's our history.  Until I see otherwise, i remain skeptical.

I am optimistic because of who our coach is. But, Del Rio obviously will need to do better than last year and Chase needs to perform for the reason he was picked #2 overall. Having someone else on opposite side of Terry and decent TE play should dictate better results this year. This is Ron's 3rd year so regardless of the franchise history it just has to be better this year with what they paid to get Wentz.

The ceiling with this team is 11 wins IMO and theres just too many ifs with it. If were healthy. If we regress to the mean. If Carson is closer to the 2017 version. If hes healthy. if the defense is better.

If if if. Not all will hit. 8-9 wins. Going from bad to mehh doesnt take a lot. Going from meh to good/great is significantly higher. The talent on this team just isnt there in regards to high end talent needed to propel yourself and we have a bottom 3rd football head coach. 

I think were at our peak at the moment. 

Sneaking in with a 7 seed. Lose badly opening round. Get harder schedule. Win 7 games in 2023.

Rinse and repeat for the last 20 years.

Edited by Zim489

• 1 month later...

Will make my predictions in 2-3 weeks but my early preseason feeling it's going to be an up and down year.  I think the offensive will settle down and we will be amazed to watch an nfl offense again.  I don't trust the defense and I think they will be the cause of any lack of success this year.   Right now, I see anywhere from 7-9 wins.  If we get to 9 wins, we will be in contention for a wild card spot but it depends on how we fair in the nfc.  I think that in order for Ron to return in 23, he's going to have to make some changes; especially if we have another losing season. JDR is definitely on the hot seat.  All the power Dan gave Ron could be taken away, with Rivera just being the head coach. Dan will likely shakeup the gm team. Whether Ron accepts the changes or not, could determine whether Ron remains the coach. I do believe a nonplayoff season and Dan will demand changes and it would be up to Ron to accept or reject those changes. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

All right it's time to predict the season.

88Comrade2000's 2022 Commies Prediction 

Week 1: Jags-  We come out flat and lose a shocker.  10-24: 0-1

Week 2: @Lions- We rebound but barely win, in a shootout.  34-31: 1-1

Week 3: Eagles- Carson's rises against his former team.  31-24: 2-1

Week 4: @Boys- Carson has a bad game and defense gets run over. 12-41: 2-2

Week 5: Titans- Derrick Henry runs all over us.  16-28: 2-3

Week 6: @Bears- Defense finally has a great game.  44-14: 3-3 

Week 7: Packers- Defense makes those rookie WRs like hall of famers.  27- 37: 3-4

Week 8: @Indy- Irsay is on TV all week saying Colts will crush us. Carson & Defense has a lights out performance and we crush them. 38-18: 4-4

Week 9: Vikings- Defense falters and Kirk gets his revenge, in a close one. 27-31: 4-5

Week 10: @Eagles- Philly wins a close one in the last minute. 31-34: 4-6 

Week 11: @Texans- Nothings cures a shaky defense than a bad team.  45-10: 5-6

Week 12: Atlanta- Back to back wins for 2nd time this season. 33-17: 6-6

Week 13: @Giants- Daniel Jones or whoever is the qb then, has a great day. We fall flat.  13-31: 6-7

Week 14: Bye Week-  Jack Del Rio is fired.

Week 15: Giants- We crush whoever us the QB in the rematch.  41-13: 7-7

Week 16: @San Fran- We lose a last second heartbreaker.  21-24: 7-8

Week 17: Browns- in one of the Browns few highlights, the sexual predator Watson has a good day.  20-34: 7-9 

Week 18: Boys-  We are already eliminated but Dallas needs this to make playoffs. We deny them a spot and get Mike fired. 34-21: 8-9

Dan meets Ron after the season and retains him. He does tell Ron, he has too much on his plate and Ron  just handles coaching duties. The power/final say Ron had, is transferred Martin Mayhew; who spends 2023 auditioning to be  Dan's new Vinny/Bruce. 

Best case scenario we go 10-7 and a quick wild card exit. Worst case scenario we go 6-11. I think we have an up and down season, so 8-9 is my prediction.  I figure we are flat next week but the offense then picks up becomes the highlight of season. The Achilles heel will be our up and down defense; which will prevent us from making the playoffs. Carson will do enough to be retained in 2023.   Ron enters 2023 on the hot seat, needing a playoff berth to retain his job. The MJW white report doesn't come out until next spring.

Edited by 88Comrade2000