Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean any team that gets MVP caliber play from their QB is instantly a Super Bowl contender. That's how NFL football is now in 2022. Its essentially an individual sport disguised as a team sport.

pretty much.. see Browns

9 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Begs the obvious question why you spent 2 years having him not do that.  

Well we've had McKissic who is one of the best pass catching RBs in the league. I think last year we were forced to use Gibson more in the traditional RB role because of injuries and the nature of our offense with Heinicke's inability to stretch the field. Year 1 we didn't really know what we had in anyone.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What's the statute of limitations on "if we get X version of..." a player?  This'll be year 5 now.

2018 has come and gone, 2019, 2020, and 2021, with not even Pro Bowl caliber Wentz in sight.  Why would 2017 MVP caliber Wentz magically reappear? 

Edited by justice98
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Captain James said:

I appreciate the love for our offense, but it seems like RG3 hasn't seen our defense 🤮

You ask him on the right day and he will say stuff like this about almost every team I notice. Either his likes depend on hot takes or hes just a super positive dude. 

Probably the likes lol 

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

LOL. No one around here has been saying that for the past 3 years!  "sarcasm"

I was saying that when we first drafted him and people were trying to figure out his position. Once he got 24 I thought square peg round hole. Why wouldn’t we make him our swiss army knife type player. I think the coaches thought he would easily transition to rb but obviously the experiment is over. 

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

What's the statute of limitations on "if we get X version of..." a player?  This'll be year 5 now.

2018 has come and gone, 2019, 2020, and 2021, with not even Pro Bowl caliber Wentz in sight.  Why would 2017 MVP caliber Wentz magically reappear? 

2019 and 2021 Wentz both get us to the playoffs. 2021, if he was here last year and played at the same level (yes, even with the inconsistency) he probably throws closer to 32+ TD rather than the 27 he did throw imo, because the Colts were absurdly run heavy with worse receiving weapons. 

Whether those numbers are “pro bowl” or not largely depends on popularity and team success, and doesn’t really matter. The point is that the level of performance Griffin is describing in that tweet, Wentz has gotten back to multiple times since recovering from his major injury. And given the weapons we has here and the extreme likelihood that we lean heavier towards the pass (due to both schematic desire and necessity), I don’t think anyone would be surprised if he compiled his second best season ever, it wouldn’t remotely take MVP level play. What that portends in the W/L column is something else altogether. I think most people are aware that hoping he reaches that MVP level again is a pipe dream, even if it is technically in the range of possible outcomes.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2022 at 2:13 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

The media here is ass a lot.  But they have spoken into existence that it's not a hard media market, and since they control the narrative, few people believe how ass it actually is.  

There's alot of reporters around this team who would rather BE the story than cover it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

Cause of the team around  him? Honestly the version who gets us to playoff contention should be enough

• Like 2