Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm no expert, but jamin davis does not need to bulk up, unless you want to convert him to defensive tackle.

He's plenty big enough and has plenty of strength he just needs to learn how to use that strength. 

You make him any "bulkier" than that picture and now you got laron Landry on your hands.

I took that as the poster saying he needs to get functionally stronger, which he does. Almost all rookies do. Whether that translates to size isn’t really relevant unless like you said you get too much mass. I don’t think that person was literally calling him small or skinny though, just not strong enough as a rookie. 

If he did mean physically bulkier, yeah I mean I don’t see much need for that specifically. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm 100% up for eating crow on this, but I think the Wentz experiment will be deemed a failure a little past mid-season. My only hope is that coaches can realize that before his snap count costs them a 2nd rounder, instead of a 3rd.

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

I took that as the poster saying he needs to get functionally stronger, which he does. Almost all rookies do. Whether that translates to size isn’t really relevant unless like you said you get too much mass. I don’t think that person was literally calling him small or skinny though, just not strong enough as a rookie. 

If he did mean physically bulkier, yeah I mean I don’t see much need for that specifically. 

Yeah he played well when he was unblocked as anyone should lol.  During a Giants game last year he made a smart play on 3rd down (or maybe it was 4th) with inches to go and got to the RB in the backfield.  It's just those plays where a TE or a pulling OL is running his way he can't seem to get around them.

On 8/10/2022 at 9:09 PM, zCommander said:

I know this site (https://nflreplay.net/) puts up whole games but not sure if they do pre-season. I know I will be checking on it afterwards. 

Just checked and they are putting up pre-season games. I will be able to watch it in full hd when I get home on Saturday. :)

https://nflreplay.net/category/watch-replays-full-games/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Just checked and they are putting up pre-season games. I will be able to watch it in full hd when I get home on Saturday. :)

https://nflreplay.net/category/watch-replays-full-games/

I will get it televised on network TV, because I live in "Panther Territory".

That's one thing I have, to look forward to, whenever we play the Panthers.

So, are your FKA 'zskins' ? I wasn't around when they were doing the member name changes

26 minutes ago, Bantu said:

Yeah, I'm 100% up for eating crow on this, but I think the Wentz experiment will be deemed a failure a little past mid-season. My only hope is that coaches can realize that before his snap count costs them a 2nd rounder, instead of a 3rd.

I won't argue with this. I really hope that he succeeds, and I have nothing against him personally, but it's difficult for me to imagine a scenario where his career suddenly rebounds, and he corrects his flaws.

That being said, "Go Carson. And go 'Ders !"

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I will get it televised on network TV, because I live in "Panther Territory".

That's one thing I have, to look forward to, whenever we play the Panthers.

So, are your FKA 'zskins' ? I wasn't around when they were doing the member name changes

I won't be able to watch it live since I won't be home. Plus this site uploads games for all teams. Very nice. 

Yes zSkins to zCommander. :)

I am sure if you message TK you can have your name changed too, if you want to that is. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bantu said:

I just have a hard time seeing it if he plays like he did last year.  I think that same level of play from him will extrapolate better here for the whole offense.  If he regresses, okay.

57 minutes ago, Bantu said:

They seem hellbent on only starting one QB a season barring injury, to stop the QB carousel as much as possible. A season which sees Wentz, Heinicke and Howell splitting starts throughout the season spells certain doom for Rivera unless he can get wins out of Howell. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No way Marky Mike makes the team.

right he’s like 29. It’s cool he’s made some plays in camp but he’s not exactly a developmental guy. I think because he’s a no name people assume he’s young, or even a fresh UDFA. He isn’t, he’s been in the league since 2016 lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

right he’s like 29. It’s cool he’s made some plays in camp but he’s not exactly a developmental guy. I think because he’s a no name people assume he’s young, or even a fresh UDFA. He isn’t, he’s been in the league since 2016 lol

Especially when you have 3 other younger guys looking good and returning kicks.

18 hours ago, Conn said:

lol. Most pertinent to this subject is that Oklahoma is a state, a state in which Curl was a top HS WR!

I don't want to make you feel stupid but I'm 99.9999% sure they named the state after the drill that Curl did over and over to be a top WR.

In fact I re-read the sentence I just wrote so that confirms it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Conn said:

How big or ripped a dude looks with his shirt off really has nothing to do with his functional play strength against other NFL athletes, it’s an adjustment for most players coming out of college.

My wife would disagree with you...."Chris Hemsworth as Thor is the greatest actor of all time". 🙄

47 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No way Marky Mike makes the team.

Marky Mark would agree...

download (3).jpg

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, SkinsWmsbg said:

So you're thinking we keep 6 WRs?

Terry

Dotson

Samuel

Sims

Brown

Michel?

I was hoping Milne would make the team again this year too.

I have no idea how the last wr spots are going to play out, but the reason I’ve got Milne as a near lock is in large part because it seems to me that he has more pros (and fewer cons) than Brown/Sims.  

On a related note (and I’m not suggesting this happens), but if Brown were cut, does he get scooped up before we could put him on the PS?  Draft pedigree and speed suggest yes, but if he doesn’t excel at teams (I have no real idea on that front), how willing are teams going to be to put him on their 53, particularly since cutting him in year 2 suggests he’s just not ready yet?

12 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

My wife would disagree with you...."Chris Hemsworth as Thor is the greatest actor of all time". 🙄

Marky Mark would agree...

download (3).jpg

Maybe we'll get our own Marky Mark story at LBer this year.

Dudes name is Markel Michal. Marky Mike!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I have no idea how the last wr spots are going to play out, but the reason I’ve got Milne as a near lock is in large part because it seems to me that he has more pros (and fewer cons) than Brown/Sims.  

On a related note (and I’m not suggesting this happens), but if Brown were cut, does he get scooped up before we could put him on the PS?  Draft pedigree and speed suggest yes, but if he doesn’t excel at teams (I have no real idea on that front), how willing are teams going to be to put him on their 53, particularly since cutting him in year 2 suggests he’s just not ready yet?

I'd think he'd be picked up for sure....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Conn said:

He flashed a bit in camp for the Eagles about four or five years ago and some fans got excited. But he didn’t even make the team and has bounced around the league ever since then. I believe the Eagles even had him on their practice squad a couple of times in that span. He might be better than your typical camp guy, but that’s probably because he has so much more experience. If a guy like that is making your 53, your receiving corps is probably not as good as you thought.

• Like 3