Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Has nothing to do with how high I am or how many margaritas I've had.

We have a real QB and a good looking rookie behind him and a ton of weapons.

We're gonna be really good this year.

Thought it was interesting that Keim praised Howell’s progress, but also made it clear that Heinicke is still clearly ahead of him (and he didn’t mean just on the depth chart).  Also mentioned TH is having a good camp.  

To your point though, the team’s got a lot of things going for it.  Solid qb group, legitimate weapons (at wr, te and rb), should have at least a pretty good oline, and what looks to be improved depth on all those units.  Also love that the secondary is apparently looking a lot better, that’s huge for the D/pass rush.

And I don’t want to look too far ahead, but on paper, with all of these young guys gaining experience and not many FA losses (besides Payne really), next year is looking really promising.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, zCommander said:

What I said was more about what he/we should be able to do based on what we did last year. That still doesn't mean it will be a VERY GOOD year. That would mean we will be better than last year. That would be more of an improvement and that is what is expected. Baby steps. But, a very good year means deep playoff run. I don't think koolblue was thinking that high since he didn't actually say what he really means without a goal in mind. 

I like to set goals and see if they are achievable or not. I like to set my goals higher than most. 

Okay, if 12 wins isn’t “very good” by your standards then your standards are very silly. That’s a feat we haven’t accomplished in more than 30 years. There’s a difference between ‘setting high goals’ and being full of ****. Any of us would be ecstatic with 12 wins. Obviously we’d hope that that would mean the team is good enough to win a playoff game or two. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Conn said:

Okay, if 12 wins isn’t “very good” by your standards then your standards are very silly. That’s a feat we haven’t accomplished in more than 30 years. There’s a difference between ‘setting high goals’ and being full of ****. Any of us would be ecstatic with 12 wins. Obviously we’d hope that that would mean the team is good enough to win a playoff game or two. 

After 30 years you think I am being full of ****? I think you have me confused with Dan...lol

This is what I want to see after 30 years of misery.  A deep playoff run. Can it happen this year? I think we have a better shot this year with the so called weaker schedule. You have to push all the chips in this year and see how the cards turn up on Riverboat Ron. :)

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

After 30 years you think I am being full of ****? I think you have me confused with Dan...lol

This is what I want to see after 30 years of misery.  A deep playoff run. Can it happen this year? I think we have a better shot this year with the so called weaker schedule. You have to push all the chips in this year and see how the cards turn up on Riverboat Ron. :)

Just observing that you have the entitlement of a fan of a much better team, as if our glory years weren’t 30+ years ago. 12 wins would be miraculous for us, playoff success on top of that would be icing on the cake. Requiring a deep playoff run to consider the season a success, and putting that expectation on Rivera as if that’s the only way he can prove anything, is delusional for a fan of the Washington Commanders. 12 wins would be an incredible foundation to build on going forward. Trying to jump from 7 wins to not only 12 wins but a “deep playoff run” is not only greedy, it’s also just…arbitrary. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Conn said:

Just observing that you have the entitlement of a fan of a much better team, as if our glory years weren’t 30+ years ago. 12 wins would be miraculous for us, playoff success on top of that would be icing on the cake. Requiring a deep playoff run to consider the season a success, and putting that expectation on Rivera as if that’s the only way he can prove anything, is delusional for a fan of the Washington Commanders. 12 wins would be an incredible foundation to build on going forward. Trying to jump from 7 wins to not only 12 wins but a “deep playoff run” is not only greedy, it’s also just…arbitrary. 

Might I suggest we not derail this thread with this?  We all know what z was doing by setting the bar at 12 and why he was doing it, but it’s been dealt with. 

I don’t think it’s worth it to get into this discussion at this point, at least not in this thread. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Might I suggest we not derail this thread with this?  We all know what z was doing by setting the bar at 12 and why he was doing it, but it’s been dealt with. 

I don’t think it’s worth it to get into this discussion at this point, at least not in this thread. 

Yeah not sure why people are talking about Wentz in this thread when there is already a QB thread. Koolblue should have said what he said in the QB thread instead. Then Conn brings up the 11-12 games thing I said long time ago in the QB thread. But thanks for singling me out instead. 

But yeah, let's move on from that.

Edited by zCommander

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Yeah not sure why people are talking about Wentz in this thread when there is already a QB thread. Koolblue should have said what he said in the QB thread instead. But thanks for singling me out instead. 

i don’t want to derail the thread, but Wait, what?  @Koolblue13 said “I think we’re going. To be good this year.”

You told him his crystal ball was high.  

He said essentially, “because we have a QB, lots of weapons.” 

The. @Conn pointed out you spent MONTHS saying you expected 12 wins.  

And then discussion ensued.  

I didn’t single you out, you singled yourself out.  I just don’t think it’s worth going down this rabbit hole.  We’ve been here before and I don’t think it’s good for you or anybody else.  

My $.02.  But carry on if you must….

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

i don’t want to derail the thread, but Wait, what?  @Koolblue13 said “I think we’re going. To be good this year.”

You told him his crystal ball was high.  

He said essentially, “because we have a QB, lots of weapons.” 

The. @Conn pointed out you spent MONTHS saying you expected 12 wins.  

And then discussion ensued.  

I didn’t single you out, you singled yourself out.  I just don’t think it’s worth going down this rabbit hole.  We’ve been here before and I don’t think it’s good for you or anybody else.  

My $.02.  But carry on if you must….

Anyway, can't wait for the regular season to start and then will have a better idea as to how the season is going to look. I am also interested in how our D is going to play and how many wins we will have because of that unit as well. 

Edited by zCommander

18 minutes ago, dyst said:

I want to see 9 wins, even 10 if we can dream before I even think about 12 wins. This team has done nothing but suck since 91 and even their good years they sucked. 

2012 was going to be special until it came crashing down and before that Norv had 10 wins. Aside from Gibbs the only other person to crack the 10 wins was Allen with 11 back in '72. Okay this is now making me sad...lol

Here’s something weird…Commanders official account posted a video about four hours ago with a bunch of the players saying who their favorite athlete was growing up as they walked in from practice. Pretty harmless. They deleted it though for some reason. Weird. 

Not sure if it’ll still show up, I can see it on my timeline because I hadn’t refreshed:

https://twitter.com/commanders/status/1557503308159279104?s=21&t=2WrW5z3Xt4i1bPyss9l6Cg

Edited by Conn
  • Confused 1

If this team is at 10 wins by the first week of December, the fanbase going to be wildin' out, and I don't mean that as any kind of knock, because that includes me.  Don't just think how far it's been since the glory years, but even since Gibbs 2.0, just take those years to now and look at the circumstances required for this team to play a wild card round game.  I'd say 2005 prior to Brunell getting his knee tweaked against the Bucs playoff game, was the team with the best chance to keep going, but every other playoff season it was like stumbling into the playoffs. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, zCommander said:

Yeah not sure why people are talking about Wentz in this thread when there is already a QB thread. Koolblue should have said what he said in the QB thread instead. Then Conn brings up the 11-12 games thing I said long time ago in the QB thread. But thanks for singling me out instead. 

Dude, wtf? I didn't make a post that was only about the QB and even if I did, Wentz accuracy has been a constant topic in this thread. 

You making your 12 wins comment is the same BS that got you kicked out of the QB thread and if Jumbo sees this, probably get you a temp ban from ES all together.

Your ability to turn everything into a Heinicke post is amazing and sad.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Dude, wtf? I didn't make a post that was only about the QB and even if I did, Wentz accuracy has been a constant topic in this thread. 

You making your 12 wins comment is the same BS that got you kicked out of the QB thread and if Jumbo sees this, probably get you a temp ban from ES all together.

Your ability to turn everything into a Heinicke post is amazing and sad.

Let's look at the facts: You made a blanketed statement. I made a comment about the said statement since that is not how I see it. The D is still a question mark. You came back with Wentz is a really good QB. But his accuracy is still a concern and how can one ignore that. It is a constant until it isn't. But you can discuss that in the QB thread instead.

By the way not ONCE i brought up TH in this thread. So not sure why YOU are bringing up that crap instead. Also I didn't bring up the 12 wins. Conn did and I clarified what I meant in the QB thread. Plus that was said way before Wentz accuracy issues.  Also, that had nothing to do with what I said to begin with. It had nothing to do with Wentz at all. I was looking at the whole team and I assumed you were looking at the same but then you clarified that you were actually talking about Wentz instead. 

I would say it is amazing that you are the one who is trying to bring up TH in every one of my posts no matter where I am in the forum when that is not even the case. I personally don't wish a ban on anyone for seeing how the TEAM is going to perform this year. 

53 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Let's look at the facts: You made a blanketed statement. I made a comment about the said statement since that is not how I see it. The D is still a question mark. You came back with Wentz is a really good QB. But his accuracy is still a concern and how can one ignore that. It is a constant until it isn't. But you can discuss that in the QB thread instead.

By the way not ONCE i brought up TH in this thread. So not sure why YOU are bringing up that crap instead. Also I didn't bring up the 12 wins. Conn did and I clarified what I meant in the QB thread. Plus that was said way before Wentz accuracy issues.  Also, that had nothing to do with what I said to begin with. It had nothing to do with Wentz at all. I was looking at the whole team and I assumed you were looking at the same but then you clarified that you were actually talking about Wentz instead. 

I would say it is amazing that you are the one who is trying to bring up TH in every one of my posts no matter where I am in the forum when that is not even the case. I personally don't wish a ban on anyone for seeing how the TEAM is going to perform this year. 

I'm putting you and your BS on ignore, before you get me banned. Later.

As for the number of games they win.  If we win 11 or 12 games they might rename the stadium after Wentz.  It would be the first time in 30 years for this franchise.  Brad Johnson didn't do it.  RG3 didn't do it. Kirk didn't do it.  If Wentz helps break that barrier, he'd be a hero.  but for me for now, I'd be happy if they match the high water mark in the last 30 years -- 10 wins. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Listening to Ross Tucker on The Junkies and he makes some good points about the NFC this year.  That it's wide open.  He doesn't think it's a slam dunk that Rams, Packers or Bucs are in there at the end.  Nor does he think much of the Cowboys.  He thinks its highly possible a team like Commanders, Eagles or even Saints are teams that can compete for an NFC championship.

We'll see.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1