Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

Love Jonathan Allen and I like Payne.  But I'll say from the many camps I've been to they rarely sign autographs.  Allen once in a blue moon for a little bit.  Payne i don't recall ever doing it.  It was striking to me about those two because almost every other player would engage at times with fans after practice.  And some would actually do it everyday. 

It doesn't matter to me personally at all.  But I notice the kids there eat up players who are willing to interact with them.  Back in the day Kerrigan was awesome on the front.  By the tweets I keep seeing, among the current crew, Wentz, Terry, Chase are rock star level give kids some time after practice types.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7

Pretty nice to hear given we already know they can connect deep, and talk has been that Wentz is struggling with the intermediate areas of the field some days. This, Samuel healthy in the slot, and consistent healthy TE’s working down the seam would help a lot in this capacity. Wentz has never really had a deadly intermediate weapon who wasn’t a TE, other than maybe Pittman last year in some circumstances. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Die Hard said:

He’s a future coach. 

You can tell he’s a leader… and he naturally tows the company line.

He’s certainly a great leader. Been a credit here since day 1.

He does appear to tow the company line, however interestingly I don’t consider that to be a quality of a good leader, in its strictest sense. I suspect he has a loud voice behind closed doors yet professionally keeps that door closed to the scandal fuelled media. 

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Conn said:

Sweat and Reyes showed up and said

Fight Punch GIF by Godzilla vs. Kong
Is this what you want fellas?

Fight broke up quick

That's kinda a nice leadership notch on Sweat's belt right there. Kept everybody else in line and on the coach's desired path.

-Man, what is Apke's injury? Missing more time. It would be easier if I knew how worried I should be about him.

Rivera views the first preseason game, as the one to assess which players will make the 2022 roster.

That's because it's against Carolina.

So, he can put all his focus on how the Carolina players are performing, and assess which of the Panthers he should sign, if they should get released before the season.

;)

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 12
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Rivera views the first preseason game, as the one to assess which players will make the 2022 roster.

That's because it's against Carolina.

So, he can put all his focus on how the Carolina players are performing, and assess which of the Panthers he should sign, if they should get released before the season.

;)

That's "A" material right there!😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Why is the game at 1.  So weak.

I don't mind the game being at 1. What I don't like is that it is on a Saturday and not on Sunday. I won't be able to see it. :(

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Got big plans Saturday? 

I do. Kings Dominion with the fam. I will try to watch some of it on the phone instead while waiting in line for a ride. 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I think your crystal ball has been smoking too much weed and is clearly high. 

Has nothing to do with how high I am or how many margaritas I've had.

We have a real QB and a good looking rookie behind him and a ton of weapons.

We're gonna be really good this year.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I think your crystal ball has been smoking too much weed and is clearly high. 

I thought you were setting your expectations at minimum 11-12 wins, which by definition would mean that you, too, are expecting a good season, or else. Are we setting aside that fiction now? 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Conn said:

I thought you were setting your expectations at minimum 11-12 wins, which by definition would mean that you, too, are expecting a good season, or else. Are we setting aside that fiction now? 

What I said was more about what he/we should be able to do based on what we did last year. That still doesn't mean it will be a VERY GOOD year. That would mean we will be better than last year. That would be more of an improvement and that is what is expected. Baby steps. But, a very good year means deep playoff run. I don't think koolblue was thinking that high since he didn't actually say what he really means without a goal in mind. 

I like to set goals and see if they are achievable or not. I like to set my goals higher than most. 

Edited by zCommander

35 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Same as others, probably won't be able to catch it. Anyone know if the NFL does the 10ish minute game highlights for pre-season games like they do for regular season?

I’m sure they do, but NFLN almost always airs replays of preseason games throughout the next week at various times so I’d imagine one could catch it on Sunday at some point, or late Saturday night. NFLN somehow loves showing each game replay all month 

50 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Same as others, probably won't be able to catch it. Anyone know if the NFL does the 10ish minute game highlights for pre-season games like they do for regular season?

I know this site (https://nflreplay.net/) puts up whole games but not sure if they do pre-season. I know I will be checking on it afterwards. 

• Thanks 1