Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

3 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Lots of positive nuggets coming in.

Dyami, Wentz cleaning it up, the D line playing stout, J Davis showing more and more.

We may actually have a real football team in town ladies and gents.

Man what I’d give for a 8-2 start or something crazy like that. 

An 8-2 start to the season? What’s that look like dad?

I don’t know, son. We’re commanders fans…….

• Haha 9

When was the last time we had a real great start to a season? 2008 with the 6-2 start with wins in Philly and Dallas early? People point to 2018 but even the 6-3 start felt like a mirage and unsustainable style of play.

It'd be awesome to be like 8-3 heading into December/January and actually be playing for a shot at a high seed and multiple home playoff games.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Lots of positive nuggets coming in.

Dyami, Wentz cleaning it up, the D line playing stout, J Davis showing more and more.

We may actually have a real football team in town ladies and gents.

Man what I’d give for a 8-2 start or something crazy like that. 

Too young for both the 1996 and 2008 seasons, I take it.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Do all of our Tight Ends share the same hamstring? I swear it seems like at least two of them are off the field simultaneously at all times.

Also, love the the fact that Wentz is getting the ball placement aspect down the more reps he gets.  When you are an offense built on speed and stretching the field a big thing you don't want to do is force WRs to slow down in order to make catches.  You want them catching the ball without having to break stride so they can immediately turn on the jets without any kind of realignment.  I know it is unrealistic to assume any QB will make that kind of throw *every* time, but it needs to happen more often than it was happening in prior seasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

Sammie Reyes can suffer a brain injury figuring out what day of the week it is.

To be fair, to him, today is both Monday and Lunes.

Jack Pardee started his Redskins HC career by going 6 & 0....  It's not how you start but how you finish.  Ask 6 & 0 Jack how it feels to coach one of the greatest non-playoff teams of all time.  (That would be his next year's 1979 Redskins.)  

Edited by Dark Acre
  • Haha 1

Not much presence again on the top 100 list.  Doesn't seem to matter who does them, PFF, media, players, etc.  We got just one with Allen at 88.  I think this will change though finally after this season.  Not that having top ranked players is the be all and end all -- but IMO and some others, not having marquee star power guys has been a minor part albiet a part of this team's demise with fans especially younger ones. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

When was the last time we had a real great start to a season? 2008 with the 6-2 start with wins in Philly and Dallas early? People point to 2018 but even the 6-3 start felt like a mirage and unsustainable style of play.

It'd be awesome to be like 8-3 heading into December/January and actually be playing for a shot at a high seed and multiple home playoff games.

I'd be ecstatic just to start 3 - 1 or 5 - 2. It seems like we're always trying to dig out of 0 - 5, 1 - 6, or 2 - 7 type of starts. It's completely and utterly infuriating. Leaves zero margin for error. The odds of winning 6 in a row to get into the playoffs are slim to none. With the two teams with the worst records last year ( although either or both could beat us ) as our first two games,  I find it absolutely imperative to start 2 - 0. Anything else would be a failure.

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not much presence again on the top 100 list.  Doesn't seem to matter who does them, PFF, media, players, etc.  We got just one with Allen at 88.  I think this will change though finally after this season.  Not that having top ranked players is the be all and end all -- but IMO and some others, not having marquee star power guys has been a minor part albiet a part of this team's demise with fans especially younger ones. 

Does anyone think Mclaurin should be top 100?? It's certainly debatable.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NeverSurrender said:

The amount of TH hate on this board just baffles me.  I like the guy and there are times where I loved him last year there were also times I didn't want to watch the team because of him.  That being said some people on here are just off the wall hateful of this guy. 

I mean you pretty much answered your own query right here. You like the guy and there will still times where you didn’t want to watch the team because he was starting. So if you take into account that among any given population, about any given topic—some will feel less strongly than you, some will feel similarly to you, and some will feel more strongly than you—and that this is a message board for the extreme fans who need to talk about the team every day, well that pretty much explains itself. Especially because the loudest, most opinionated fans are the ones who doubtless post the most, it skews the sample size. 

Add into it the history this board has with weird small groups of fans who are more about a certain QB than the team (the Cult of Colt (RIP) is a good example), giving ES some baggage in that regard—it becomes even more understandable. The push-back here from certain posters is 80% about being annoyed with the Heinicke fanboys who aren’t rational, maybe 20% about Heinicke himself. The vast majority of fans here have a realistic understanding of who and what he is as an NFL QB and appreciate that, while understanding his limitations and knowing we needed to upgrade big time. Which is basically where the coaching staff and FO landed on him, so it makes sense. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd throw in 2018 as a pretty good start overall, 6-3.  Then disaster struck.  There are some who said they would have finished 8-8 or worse and missed the playoffs.  I dunno.  As much as I liked to bash Jay, I think they had another 3-4 wins on the schedule and would have gotten into the playoffs.  But, disaster struck.  And we'll never know.  

• Like 2

Not much from Dotson recently.  Quiet in the preseason game, and nothing about him in practice today.

He had great chemistry building with Wentz when Terry was out.  Now that Terry and Samuel are back and practicing, I wonder if he's being pushed down the batting order just a little bit.

Gads, I hope we come out in Jax with "Shock and Awe."  Bomb them into oblivion, and then ram the ball down their throats with Robinson.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Not much from Dotson recently.  Quiet in the preseason game, and nothing about him in practice today.

He had great chemistry building with Wentz when Terry was out.  Now that Terry and Samuel are back and practicing, I wonder if he's being pushed down the batting order just a little bit.

Gads, I hope we come out in Jax with "Shock and Awe."  Bomb them into oblivion, and then ram the ball down their throats with Robinson.  

Sounds a bit like when Terry was a rookie.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Sounds a bit like when Terry was a rookie.

Eh, yeah, a bit.  But I think he was still active in practices.  He just sat out games.

I do wonder how much the starters will play in game 2.  I'd personally be ok with "slim to none."  Which is a change for me. I normally like to have the guys out there playing at least in 2, if not 3 preseason games.  

Regardless, as long as they come out swinging for the fences against Jax, I don't care what they do in preseason.

The "Greatest Show on Turf" is an Air Coryell based system.  Do that.  :)  

• Like 2

My concern is with the defense. Very suspect LB depth and it seems the 3rd down stuff isn’t resolved yet. 

Mr dustup could get fired early in this campaign, I think. 

Only potential remedy is a high flying offense that takes away the other teams ability to be multi-dimensional. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1