Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

AGG had an uphill climb to make the roster, still sad to see him retire.

With him gone, and still no Logan, we now have ONE TE who has caught an NFL pass... and he only caught 25...

I've been saying this for a while. Please sign an insurance TE.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

With him gone, and still no Logan, we now have ONE TE who has caught an NFL pass... and he only caught 25...

And it sounds like even he didnt practice today.

With Bates out, Cole Turner should get a lot of first-team run today. Here he is with Carson Wentz in individual drills: pic.twitter.com/riTyFKVN1U

— Matthew Paras (@Matthew_Paras) July 28, 2022

18 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

On Keim's podcast, Donnie Warren a former washington scout and much of the team is super high on our TE depth. I'd be surprised if they sign an insurance TE.

• Thumb up 3

2 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Be interested to see if Schweitzer gets moved over to starting RG and Turner moved to backup as I expect. 

No way Schweitzer is starting over Turner. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if Schweitzer gets cut. He’s making a lot of money (more than Norwell and Turner) for a guy who is above average at guard. The best thing he has going for himself is his versatility but if Larsen and Paul shows anything in camp I could see him being expendable. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

No way Schweitzer is starting over Turner. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if Schweitzer gets cut. He’s making a lot of money (more than Norwell and Turner) for a guy who is above average at guard. The best thing he has going for himself is his versatility but if Larsen and Paul shows anything in camp I could see him being expendable. 

There is zero chance he gets cut. At worst, hes the 6th best lineman we have and he can excel at 3 positions without missing a beat.

Chase off the pup for 8 minutes and theres talk of cutting Wes.  :ols:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

If you're right I'll eat crow. But I think you are extremely wrong for several reasons. 1) Schweitzer has been the starting center with Roullier out. 2). When playing Guard with Scherff out Espn advanced analytics had Wes rated as a top 10 guard in the league ahead of even Scherff last season. 3) Pff had Schweitzer graded 5 points higher than scherff and almost 10 points higher than turner last season. 4) The amount of money you would save is negligible at this point in the offseason and hes a free agent after this season anyways. 5) Having him start at Rg helps with some of the continuity on the line from last season considering the amount of snaps he played. So I would bet money he's much more likely to be the starter at RG than to be cut.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

There is zero chance he gets cut. At worst, hes the 6th best lineman we have and he can excel at 3 positions without missing a beat.

Chase off the pup for 8 minutes and theres talk of cutting Wes.  :ols:

Glad Im not the only one that thought that was crazy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

On Keim's podcast, Donnie Warren a former washington scout and much of the team is super high on our TE depth. I'd be surprised if they sign an insurance TE.

They can like their guys as much as they want, but that is a criminal amount of reliance on a nearly nonexsistant level of experience.

with Bates apparently on the side you have a fifth round rookie, and UDFA, the ghost of AGG and a guy who never played football until last year.

We don't need a world beater, just a guy who can go out there and you know he wont fall on his face.

We have already lost one TE, things happen and we may eventually lose another. At some point were gonna have to bring in a guy. Better off doing it now.

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

They can like their guys as much as they want, but that is a criminal amount of reliance on a nearly nonexsistant level of experience.

with Bates apparently on the side you have a fifth round rookie, and UDFA, the ghost of AGG and a guy who never played football until last year.

We don't need a world beater, just a guy who can go out there and you know he wont fall on his face.

We have already lost one TE, things happen and we may eventually lose another. At some point were gonna have to bring in a guy. Better off doing it now.

Eh, I'm hearing Logan has a good change to be back Week 1 and we don't even have any info that says Bates isn't out for more than today's practice. I watched the below from him yesterday and there was no sign he was hurt. I'm not that worried right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

If you're right I'll eat crow. But I think you are extremely wrong for several reasons. 1) Schweitzer has been the starting center with Roullier out. 2). When playing Guard with Scherff out Espn advanced analytics had Wes rated as a top 10 guard in the league ahead of even Scherff last season. 3) Pff had Schweitzer graded 5 points higher than scherff and almost 10 points higher than turner last season. 4) The amount of money you would save is negligible at this point in the offseason and hes a free agent after this season anyways. 5) Having him start at Rg helps with some of the continuity on the line from last season considering the amount of snaps he played. So I would bet money he's much more likely to be the starter at RG than to be cut.

Glad Im not the only one that thought that was crazy.

You 2 are not the only ones.  Wes is very good and as we all know has massive value to the O-line.  I would bet my house and car he dosent get cut. (barring injury)

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

What a ****ty draft pick AGG was.

Y’all let me know when the first player from Jerry Falwell University makes it at the pro level, mmm kay? 😀

Eric Green 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Stone Cold
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

The coaches were publicly begging guys on the DL to stop freelancing and follow the scheme. Not sure how that falls anywhere but the players.

I missed that. Sounds like a mutiny as I cannot recall a DL collectively called out for freelancing. Ever. Sounds like they should have been made inactive cut or traded.

Or maybe coaches don't always know best, or lose the room by being an inept asshole.  It true it would explain why they inevitably get fired and go on to their next stop. To go work for one of their buddies.

What made our defense better in the 2nd half of last year? I seem to recall JDR changed his scheme. Did he cave to the DL ignoring him?

Edited by RandyHolt

31 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Schweitzer is not getting cut.  He played 990 snaps with 644 at LG and 346 at RG in 2020 with a PFF grade of 69 and 500 snaps last year with a PFF grade of 78 with starts at G and C.   He probably would have played 1000 snaps last year if he himself had not gotten injured himself.  Yeah, he makes a lot for a backup, but he has the versatility to backup all three interior positions and is the top backup for all three interior O-Line positions.   Right now with Chase Roullier out he is the starting center for example. The other interior backups Shaddiq Charles, Tyler Larsen, and Chris Paul are a decent drop off from him.  There will inevitable be an injury at least to one of the interior positions this year---Schweitzer is pretty safe.  I actually think they will try to resign him after this year.

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

I missed that. Sounds like a mutiny as I cannot recall a DL collectively called out for freelancing. Ever. So maybe coaches don't always know best.  It true it would explain why they inevitably get fired and go on to their next stop. To go work for one of their buddies.

What made our defense better in the 2nd half of last year? I seem to recall JDR changed his scheme.

We played more zone and blitzed more in the second half of the season.  Also Landon Collins switching from safety to buffalo nickel, effective upgraded two positions (safety and the buffalo nickel

Edited by philibusters
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I missed that. Sounds like a mutiny as I cannot recall a DL collectively called out for freelancing. Ever. Sounds like they should have been made inactive cut or traded.

Or maybe coaches don't always know best, or lose the room by being an inept asshole.  It true it would explain why they inevitably get fired and go on to their next stop. To go work for one of their buddies.

What made our defense better in the 2nd half of last year? I seem to recall JDR changed his scheme. Did he cave to the DL ignoring him?

Young and Sweat went out and their replacements listened to coaching. Also, the secondary started to gel once Collins moved into BN and Curl started.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Young and Sweat went out and their replacements listened to coaching. Also, the secondary started to gel once Collins moved into BN and Curl started.

Oh those 2 specifically were the ones ok I was thinking Allen PAIN and Co... more specifically wondering about Matt and Settle since they are gonzo.

Edited by RandyHolt

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Oh those 2 specifically were the ones ok I was thinking Allen PAIN and Co... more specifically wondering about Matt and Settle since they are gonzo.

Matt supposedly didn't like Mills and didn't listen either. Settle just wasn't good.

• Like 1