Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Everyone has some variations to the top players and top CB's. I sure Forbes is top 16 on some, like Fred Smoot.

He is not one my top 16 list and would be disappointed with him at 16.

This is a really strong CB class. Spoon or Gonzo are the CB's in my top 16

I really do not want anyone at 16 unless absolutely no decent trade down options

29 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

DJ doing his last mock right now on NFLN. Has us taking Forbes at 16. I like Forbes. But if we take him at 16 I will blow a gasket. His size is a MAJOR red flag for me. 

That would be awful. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Nobody really knows. It’s been quiet on that front. Either way, I think he and Leno are prime cut candidates after the season. They’re owed a combined $25-26m in 2024 and if we draft an OT and C this year we could have their replacements in house. Depending on how early we go OC and whether we draft an OT that can move from RT to LT in year 2. 

I’m pretty sure Gates could play C as well. If he can we don’t need to draft a C and can focus on other OL positions 

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

CB is a big time need for us make no mistake about it, but this coaching staff has a good track record of developing mid round CBs.

we lost our CB coach though. So not sure what his part was in their development

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

National media is forcing CB on us at 16 like they forced the Howell can’t be it narrative all off season despite what the local media has been saying. 

Gonzalez or Witherspoon makes sense as they’d be BPA. But we aren’t reaching on a CB. 

why did this guy take Deonte Banks spot as the latest CB we were definitely drafting?

6 minutes ago, Lovi said:

I’m pretty sure Gates could play C as well. If he can we don’t need to draft a C and can focus on other OL positions 

Gates was told he would primarily be a center

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lovi said:

we lost our CB coach though. So not sure what his part was in their development

Might hurt, but Rivera himself has a good track record with coaching up mid round pick DBs. See Josh Norman and James Bradberry in Carolina to name a couple.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Anyone else concerned that all 4 tackles and the top 2 corners will be gone by 16. 

If so, is the next best corner on our board the selection. 

Specifically, what are your 4 top OTs, Sebestian?

29 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Anyone else concerned that all 4 tackles and the top 2 corners will be gone by 16. 

If so, is the next best corner on our board the selection. 

Definitely 2 or 3 CB's could be gone by 16. 

It is highly doubtful 4 tackles would be gone at 16. 

Also, there is no consensus on who the top 4 T's are. Is Skoronski in the conversation followed by Pjj, Harrison, Darnell, B. Jones. Is Dawand still on some teams top 4 lists?

Same thing goes with CB's - Spoon, Gonzo, Banks, Porter, Forbes, Smith, Turner, Ricks, Ringo....

• Like 1

Going to be hard to trade down.  I think OT Jones and Wright are available at #16 and either Porter or Banks is too.  I think RR and Co. will take Wright without questioning themselves and maybe look at the 2nd round in trading down.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I really want Bijan but doubt it happens. Don’t think the Eagles draft him. They’ve got other needs. 

The Eagles are the best run organization in the NFL. Siriani is the best coach in the league, and the most empathetic. He cried during the national anthem because he was sad that every other coach is so much worse than he is.  They don’t need Bijan. Bijan needs them.

- @Koolblue13probably

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, oraphus said:

Just like my first time with a Hooker at 16, I was left mostly disappointed. learn from my mistakes! 

I'll take a Hooker at 16 anyday......uh, wait....that didn't come out the way I intended.

My bad....I'm going to step away and repent. 😶‍🌫️

Carry on. 

HTTR!

• Haha 1

Forbes at 16 wouldn’t be great. I’ve spent weeks banging on about CB at #16 and I’m getting last minute doubts on going that route now :ols: 

Trade back ideally, setting that aside, Edge is seeming like a major player now.

Cant help but think Bieniemy is really go to influence the direction we go on several picks. I see RB,TE and WR all incoming. How early do we go. Couple of major impact playmakers will be on his wish list I reckon.

I understand it takes two..but.....My hope is either one of the top CB's fall or one of the top Left Tackles falls, if not trade down, trade down, trade down.  

Then grab an OL we love who can preferably play left tackle (1), or right tackle (2) or worst case Guard (3)....Ideally Harrison or Jones (assuming they believe they can play LT) in the late 20's/early30's..

Maybe having EB we'll get a curveball with a stud TE at 16?  If it's not TE, or if Witherspoon/Rodriguez/Banks are gone then and only then am I fine with an  RT big boy like Wright.  

I'd just exhaust all other options before going that route.  That's just my opinion..I'll be rooting like hell we get it right tomorrow night...fingers crossed for more picks..!

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

As usual, I expect us to do something in the draft to piss everyone off.

Hopefully, Ron and his Gm crew’s swan song draft yields some players that start for us.

9 of 22 starters were drafted by this group. Not bad. Likely going to be 10 and maybe 11 or 12 after this draft

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

I’ve spent weeks banging on about CB at #16 and I’m getting last minute doubts on going that route now 

Whaaaat?

There is no space for doubt. You gotta double down and be more confident than eva!

Tis the only way

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Haha 1

My "Guys" List. TO be clear, there are players who are better than some of these guys. But these are the guys I like the most for various reasons in a GENERAL sense. Doesn't mean for us. Some guys, like Bryce Young, I love. But I wouldn't consider "my guy".

List is in no order:

Tyson Bagent, QB, Shepard

Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama

DeWayne McBride, RB, UAB

Zay Flowers, WR, BC

Charlie Jones, WR, Purdue

Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa

Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse

Cody Mauch, OL, NDSt

Ricky Stromberg, C, Arkansas

Myles Murphy, Edge, Clemson

Lukas Van Ness, Edge, Iowa

Adetomiwa Adebawore, DT, Northwestern

Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa

Ivan Pace, LB, Cincy

Daiyan Henley, LB, Wash St.

Brian BRanch, S, Alabama

Jason Taylor II, S, Ok. St

Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois

• Like 6

All high floor talents, great list @KDawg That is how I draft as well.

As a result - Embarrassingly I would probably have 8 or 9 of the same players on my list.

Most surprising is Bagent who would be my QB. I really like Haener and Tune. They hit the high floor group and are later round selections but have low ceilings.

Bagents floor is a bit lower but the ceiling is open. Howell and Brissett allow this to be a great fit. 

• Like 1

As an aside, just read a post from CJ Stroud on Facebook regarding his 18% on the S2 (I can't confirm it's real, but here is a quote from it)

"So I'm gonna stand on that. I know what I can do. I know what I can process. If I'm not the smartest quarterback in this draft, I know I'm one of the smartest quarterbacks in the NFL when I step in there tomorrow, So I've got confidence in myself. I don't think you can play at Ohio State and not be smart, so I don't got nothing to prove to nobody."

I googled this to verify and found a couple of bad websites with it up. So still not confirmed. Here's a link to the NY Post: 2023 NFL Draft: CJ Stroud responds to cognitive test rumors (nypost.com)

Now, having said that I can't necessarily confirm it...

What the **** is that quote? Holy ****. Check out the bolded part. What the hell does that mean? 

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Reads like a kid receiving bad news from teams or agent or reading tweets and rumors

I hope someone drafts him early. I can just see the melt down with camera's on him if he drops into the 20's

If you aren't the smartest QB in the class, how do you step into the NFL and become one of the smartest QBs?

I hope this isn't a real quote. Saying this so close to the draft doesn't help him. But IF THIS IS TRUE. I stress IF... That explains the stock drop. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If you aren't the smartest QB in the class, how do you step into the NFL and become one of the smartest QBs?

I hope this isn't a real quote. Saying this so close to the draft doesn't help him. But IF THIS IS TRUE. I stress IF... That explains the stock drop. 

Agreed. I can be pretty sarcastic and had to hold back on remarks.

I hope someone talks to him and he has a good support group with him tonight