Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If I'm not the smartest quarterback in this draft, I know I'm one of the smartest quarterbacks in the NFL when I step in there tomorrow,

Maybe this is a charitable interpretation of what he means, but I took the quote as....

"the S2 says I'm not one of the smartest QBs in the draft...I think that's BS. And, because the S2 means nada once in the NFL, when that metric is removed I will show I'm one of the smartest in the league."

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

Maybe this is a charitable interpretation of what he means, but I took the quote as....

"the S2 says I'm not one of the smartest QBs in the draft...I think that's BS. And, because the S2 means nada once in the NFL, when that metric is removed I will show I'm one of the smartest in the league."

Sure. Let's go with it. I like that better.

I absolutely hate taking fat boys in the first 2 rounds. I want an exciting splash player to get excited about on draft night. The headline grabber who is going to terrorize the league for years to come!

Then one month into the season and reality hits I'm lamenting the fact that if our o line was better/healthy the guys we already have would be producing so much better.

This year...give me the fat boys.

• Like 1

My list.  It was painful to do because I could easily add more. And its already a little longer than it should be.  I watched more players I think this year than any other year.  So I have more that I typically like and I feel invested in because of all the time I spent on them.    Last year, I wasted so much time rewatching the QBs before they made the Wentz trade so it threw me off.

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 7.43.23 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

Way too many for me to list. Will be keeping an eye on the ones I picked up in the ES mock draft. Plus the dozens I’ve mentioned over time.

If Bieniemy wants more firepower :

TE Dalton Kincaid

WR Jalin Hyatt ( I would love us to draft him, I don’t care we don’t ‘need’ a WR :))

RB Chase Brown

Randoms

CB Rejzohn Wright, Oregan

DL Devonnsha Maxwell, Chattanooga 

Don’t disappoint us Ron & Co.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

Specifically, what are your 4 top OTs, Sebestian?

Paris, Sko, Jones, Wright. 

The reason I ask is, I don't think that any other OL would be a good pick at 16. 

In addition, Gonzo and Spoon are the best corners. I don’t think they would take JPJ. 

Anton, Dawand and O’ Cyrus at 16 would be a significant reach IMO. 

I am not on the TE train, even though Kincaid may in fact be the BPA in this scenario. 

I guess trade down would be ideal for me, but need interest for someone to move up 🤷‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Way too many for me to list. Will be keeping an eye on the ones I picked up in the ES mock draft. Plus the dozens I’ve mentioned over time.

If Bieniemy wants more firepower :

TE Dalton Kincaid

too many for me, too. I had to keep paring it down.  The way I do my list is not pick who I think are the best players per se but players I've stuck my neck on, those maybe not liked as much as I like them, and some like Brenton Strange where I was high on the player before the national media was. 

For you, I recall you pushing Kuntz, he'd fit that description for a list like mine.  Not saying you have to do it the same way,:ols:

I could have easily had 10 TEs on that list.  Among the players not on my list, I like Whyle and Kraft and D. Allen and Shoonmaker and Kuntz more than most. 

And I do love Mayer and Kincaid.  Intrigued by Musgrave.   But I mostly avoided universally loved players on that list -- felt boring for me to do it that way. 

Back to Kincaid.  Keim has mentoned him a few times.  But get the vibe in a trade down but not at 16.    I'd like it in a trade down, too.  16 feels a little rich to me.  But I would stiill dig it -- it would feel like the Dotson pick, i liked Dotson, I thought it was a little early to take him, but it was cool because we got him.  That's how I'd feel if its Kincaid.

Watching Musgrave on and off some more in recent days because he seems to be on this team's radar --- IMO Kincaid and Laporta are safer picks than Musgrave.

Musgrave is interesting but a weird player to me.  He makes plays in the middle of the field -- 2nd level again and again and gets open seamlessly.  But he's also IMO inconsistent -- has his share of dropped balls, for a dude with his speed he can run by players to get open, especially on crossers, but he's really easily to tackle in open field, he's not elusive at all, doesn't break tackles, not a contested catch guy either. 

I like Darnell Washington a lot and he made my list.  But I admit there is some wildcard to him.  IMO Mayer, Laporta, Kincaid are high floor players -- which matter for that spot where there tends to be a lot of busts.

Kuntz who you like.  I like too, actually reminds me some of Musgrave stylistically -- lanky, good catch radius, stretches the field but isn't a physical player.  Also Shoonmaker is in that same brand, too.  All three of those players remind me of each other. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Only QB I'd draft before day 3.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Love Rouillier.   But I spent so much time onm watching centers -- I'll storm Commanders Park if they don't take one, now.  All the wasted hours.  😢

It's such a great draft for Center, too. I'd think the Gates signing would lean heavier to not drafting one though. 

• Like 1

Kiper's last for this draft.  I'd dig it.  Will see if i am right I've projected for awhile he's there at 16.  Most mocks has Skoronski before our pick, many have him top 10.

For me, I've been feeling he could land at our pick.  Mainly because he's a guard, not a tackle.  And I used the Scherff comparison early on. I saw Greg Cosell used that same comparison.  

Taking Scherff top 5 was a bit rich.  I was ok with the pick but preferred L. Williams back then. But Scherff at 16 is a great pick IMO.

Torrence at 16 is rich IMO, he's good-solid but IMO not elite.  Skoronski at guard (not tackle) has the potential to be an All Pro type IMO. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/36187282/2023-nfl-mock-draft-mel-kiper-final-first-round-predictions-best-team-fits-picks-quarterbacks

15. Minnesota Vikings (via mock trade with WSH)

Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida

In Minnesota, Richardson could sit for a year behind Kirk Cousins and then take over in 2024, when Cousins is a free agent. This is the perfect place for Richardson. At 6-foot-4, 244 pounds, he has a rare size and speed combination, but he's incredibly raw as a passer. He needs to develop his all-around game.

was.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

16. Washington Commanders

Peter Skoronski, OT/G, Northwestern

I like Skoronski as a guard, but he could play tackle -- where he started in college -- in this scenario. Washington has a hole on the right side. He has tremendous feet for his size and can dominate in the run game.

• 54mESPN staff

pit.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

17. Pittsburgh Steelers

Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland

Pittsburgh has three picks in the top 49, and it needs to come out of Round 2 with starters at offensive tackle and cornerback. Here's the first shot at a starter. Banks is a fantastic man-to-man cover guy. Steelers fans might be hoping for Joey Porter Jr., whose dad is a Pittsburgh legend, but I have Banks rated higher.

det.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

18. Detroit Lions

Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame

The Lions really don't have many immediate roster holes, but I love the idea of coach Dan Campbell going for an old-school tight end to help his offense. Mayer is a willing blocker and has upside as a pass-catcher.

tb.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia

I expect the Bucs to be in the tackle market, and they could take the best available guy here. Tristan Wirfs could move from right to left tackle, opening up a void on the right side. Jones was outstanding for the national champs last season.

sea.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

20. Seattle Seahawks

Myles Murphy, DE, Clemson

Here's another match I'm sticking with from my two-round mock draft. Murphy is a complete edge defender who can hold up against the run. With Seattle taking Carter at No. 5, this means coach Pete Carroll has replenished his D-line.

lac.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

21. Los Angeles Chargers

Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama

The Chargers are in a great spot to add a playmaker, either at tight end or receiver. But what if they went for a running back who can catch passes and help stretch the field? Gibbs has gotten a lot of buzz over the past week. Plus, Austin Ekeler wants out, so Gibbs could be a ready-made replacement.

bal.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

22. Baltimore Ravens

Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State

Smith-Njigba could go earlier than this, but he would really help Baltimore. He could be a star out of the slot. The Ravens added Odell Beckham Jr., but that was just a one-year deal, and he wouldn't take away reps from Smith-Njigba. This would be a selection to get Lamar Jackson some help.

nyj.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

23. New York Jets (via mock trade with MIN through GB)

Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma

This might be the best-case scenario for the Jets, who need a tackle who can play immediately. Harrison started at left tackle in college -- NFL scouts love his upside. New York added a 2024 first-rounder with my projected trade, but it can still get immediate help here.

And again, if the Jets stand pat at No. 15, I think they'd take Skoronski.

jax.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

24. Jacksonville Jaguars

Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State

Forbes, one of my favorite prospects in this class, is a ballhawk -- he had 14 picks over three college seasons, including six pick-sixes. The Jags have a solid depth chart at corner, but teams are always looking for more cover guys. He's a playmaker.

nyg.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

25. New York Giants

Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State

Will the Giants pass on the corners and opt for a wide receiver? In this scenario, Jordan Addison (USC) and Quentin Johnston (TCU) are still available. Ultimately, I think Porter could have a bigger rookie impact for New York, which ranked 25th in takeaways last season (19).

dal.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

26. Dallas Cowboys

Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah

Here's how Dallas could level up its offense. Kincaid is a dynamic pass-catcher who can find open spots in the middle of the field and stretch the seams on vertical routes. He'd help Dak Prescott from Day 1. If the Cowboys don't take a tight end, keep an eye on the edge rushers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Only QB I'd draft before day 3.

It's such a great draft for Center, too. I'd think the Gates signing would lean heavier to not drafting one though. 

They could go for a guard-center.  Joe Tippman, who just barely missed my guys list,.  He's one of the guys I had to cut so my list wasn't absurdly long. :ols:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love Rouillier.   But I spent so much time watching centers -- I'll storm Commanders Park if they don't take one, now.  All the wasted hours.  😢

Fan of Roullier too. Contract is pretty ugly though.

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Fan of Roullier too. Contract is pretty ugly though.

They are stuck with the contract though.  They save like 4 million to cut him, which is OK but nothing crazy.

I was listening to a PFF guy who explained how this O line went from ranked 6th to falling part last year and he went on and on about don't underestimate losing Rouillier who he thought was one of the better centers in the league and the center spot really helps hold up the whole unit.

Larsen isn't bad, too.  Their winning streak happened when he got healthy and alas they lost when he got hurt again.

• Like 2

Did a quick my guys list, not a Washington need list. Just my guys

QB Tyson Bagent

RB Roschon Johnson

FB Hunter Luepke

HB Brandon Willis

WR Elijah Higgins

TE Sam Laporta

OT Anton Harrison

OT-G Matt Bergeron

G Tyler Steen

C Luke Wypler

DL Calijan Kancey

Edge Myles Murphy

LB Jack Campbell

LB Ivan Pace

CB I have tons! I am going to put down 2 others won't the tough smurfs T, Hodges-Tomlinson and C Phillips

DB I have tons JL Skinner - should fall due to injury so can grab rounds later than if healthy on draft day

• Like 4

Seems like Forbes is a hot pick now, overtaking Porter from the national media, here's Brugler.

I like Forbes that's IMO a good 10 picks and change too early. 

I like the mocks much better with his with Skoronski, Darnell Wright and Kincaid.   

I am actually not into a corner in round 1 but if they go there assuming Gonzalez and Witherspoon are gone -- Deonte Banks.  But I don't want Banks either at 16.  

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 8.30.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 8.30.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 8.31.04 AM.png

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For you, I recall you pushing Kuntz, he'd fit that description for a list like mine.  Not saying you have to do it the same way,:ols:

I’ll end up bloody listing them now :ols:

Kuntz, Gaines, Freeland, Byron Young TENN, Tyler Scott, Eric Gray, from memory they were on my combine list, several of those because they had been talked up pre combine as highly athletic within their position groups.

All that said, I simply hope we draft well. Sounds easy right. If there is a stud there, pick him.

The QB talk does muddy the water somewhat, I’m not pushing for a QB, open minded, but if they are keen on Richardson specifically, I’ll 100% back them taking that risk.

When QBs are dropping 50mil per year now, going all in on a rookie we are really hot on is fine by me.

• Like 3

I like Forbes as a ballhawk. He's one of the best in the class.

Problem is he is 160 pounds. He won't survive in the NFL. Taking him at 16 is a colossal blunder on OUR end. 

The player could be a great get ultimately, my thought isn't about HIM. And I wouldn't use the word "reach" either.

I think it's poor strategy. 

• Like 3