Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Commanders Sam Howell QB North Carolina

PCS

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Y’all need to go check out the grilling and cooking thread in the tailgate.  

I would link it but I’m on my phone and it’s harder to do.  

10 minutes in that thread will add 3 LBs to your gut and make you hungry.  

I at least hope they're hybrid/Buffalo sized linebackers, I don't think I could add 3 Cole Holcombs to my gut without getting a bigger tractor seat

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Or he's never had a burger.  

I feel sorry for Grant Paulsen's underwear.  

Anyway, I'm not sure if not having a steak or a burger is something to brag about.  It certainly doesn't make him interesting.  Makes me feel sad for him.  

I'm curious what the steadfast refusal is about.  And is it all beef?  Like ground beef too?  Brisket, ribs, roast beef?  Our local media sucks, not asking the real questions here.  lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

I am now severely questioning some people's ability here to properly tailgate a game.

The Lab Bar And Grill - Happy Friday !!! We're open open 11am-11pm Comedy  Show tonight 6pm-10pm!! | Facebook

The funny/insane thing is that as I'm reading this "no meat eating" segment of this thread I am gorging myself on a 5 Guys triple bacon cheeseburger with regular onions, fried onions, grilled mushrooms, green pepper, pickles, lettuce, tomato, mayo, mustard and A-1 sauce along with a "little" cajun fry (which is honestly bigger than a McDs large fry).

This after just seeing my cardiologist less than a week ago.

I call it going out with style.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I see the irony in this coming from a Zombie, But sometimes its OK to live a little by shortening your lifespan.

Quality of life is just as important as length. You upped your Roy score this day, I see that as a "W".

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Y’all need to go check out the grilling and cooking thread in the tailgate.  

I would link it but I’m on my phone and it’s harder to do.  

10 minutes in that thread will add 3 LBs to your gut and make you hungry.  

I've always thought about starting an "ask a Vegan" thread over in the tailgate, just in case anyone was thinking about moving in that direction, but I sometimes forget my audience here on a bad football team message board.

21 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm curious what the steadfast refusal is about.  And is it all beef?  Like ground beef too?  Brisket, ribs, roast beef?  Our local media sucks, not asking the real questions here.  lol

Probably health or his folks are environmentalists. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I've always thought about starting an "ask a Vegan" thread over in the tailgate, just in case anyone was thinking about moving in that direction, but I sometimes forget my audience here on a bad football team message board.

I think, given your audience, the two prevailing questions would be:

- Why?

- Are you mad?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think, given your audience, the two prevailing questions would be:

- Why?

- Are you mad?

and then a bunch of people showing how manly they are by letting me know how much meat the eat and saying dumb ignorant ****. Pretty much.

• Like 1

I grew up Hindu so I didn't eat beef until high school. I didn't eat pork either, which always confused me because there's nothing in Hinduism against eating pork. Nonetheless, one of my best friends was Chinese and his mom made him delicious looking homecooked lunches every day and Chinese people eat a lot of pork and beef. One day I said **** it, let me try some of that... never looked back. I remember the first time I ate a burger was sophomore or junior year, I had a Big Mac. It tasted so good I immediately went back and got another one lol. Probably the grossest thing I have ever done.

In retrospect I should have just not started and avoided the health issues associated with red meat, though I do try and limit it to weekends. Good for Sam, honestly. Stick to the chicken breast and salmon.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 1:35 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

@CommanderInTheRye I literally have no idea if you are serious or not with that post.  I haven't seen the movie Sounder in forever.  Now MY sarcasm meter is broken...

It just occurred to me that Sounder premiered way back in 1972. Fifty years ago.

While back then I was a 31 year old in my prime, daishiki and sunglasses at night wearing, power to the people with fist raised in the air yelling, blown out afro sporting, hot to trot like to disco dance balling, check out them pretty hips and thighs PHAT momma loving, gimmee five on the black hand side...don't forget your change now while robot dancing, sophisticated man about town---  half of you young folks weren't even born yet...

Damn, that's humbling.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

It just occurred to me that Sounder premiered way back in 1972. Fifty years ago.

While I was a 31 year old in my prime, daishiki and sunglasses at night wearing, power to the people with fist raised in the air yelling, blown out afro sporting, hot to trot like to disco dance balling. check out them pretty hips and thighs momma loving, gimmee five on the black hand side...don't forget your change now, robot dancing, sophisticated man about town, half of you young folks weren't even born yet...

Damn, that's humbling.

Wait, are you Oldfan...

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Wait, are you Oldfan...

I'm old and I'm a fan but that ends the resemblance. 😎

Edit: I'm assuming this was a serious question and Oldfan is/was a poster here. If otoh you were just joking it went right over my head (which is becoming a very common occurrence these days).

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

I grew up Hindu so I didn't eat beef until high school. I didn't eat pork either, which always confused me because there's nothing in Hinduism against eating pork. Nonetheless, one of my best friends was Chinese and his mom made him delicious looking homecooked lunches every day and Chinese people eat a lot of pork and beef. One day I said **** it, let me try some of that... never looked back. I remember the first time I ate a burger was sophomore or junior year, I had a Big Mac. It tasted so good I immediately went back and got another one lol. Probably the grossest thing I have ever done.

In retrospect I should have just not started and avoided the health issues associated with red meat, though I do try and limit it to weekends. Good for Sam, honestly. Stick to the chicken breast and salmon.

I'm going to be honest. I think I read this or something very similar about Howell during my scouting and it did sour my opinion of him a bit. Why? Because it's not about the steak or what he's willing to eat, it's that he only eats like 5 things. He has no danger, no risk, no thrill. It's every day the same thing. And I'm not even mad at that, but I'd like for him to challenge himself and say try some shrimp, some sushi, some salmon, a rib eye steak, etc. I could see if he was against something for religious or health reasons but he reminded me of a Grant Paulsen with his no cereal and milk argument. No basis in reality. And it made me question his leadership.

That's probably me looking for flaws way too much and tomorrow dude could go to Ruth's Chris and change everything. But it just didn't feel sophisticated. 

4 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

The funny/insane thing is that as I'm reading this "no meat eating" segment of this thread I am gorging myself on a 5 Guys triple bacon cheeseburger with regular onions, fried onions, grilled mushrooms, green pepper, pickles, lettuce, tomato, mayo, mustard and A-1 sauce along with a "little" cajun fry (which is honestly bigger than a McDs large fry).

I want to like 5 guys but I think it’s average every time I have had it. There is one very close to my house and never has a line unlike the in-n-out a little further down the neighborhood. Your order seems interesting. I’m going to try it that style. Maybe a double. I like a better bun to meat ratio than a triple. I didn’t know they had A-1 sauce or mushrooms or green onions. 

See Sam Howell it’s not that hard. You hear about something new and you try it. If you don’t like it’s not end of the world, but it might actually be great. The kid has major issues in my opinion. This whole thing is a massive red flag. Some nonsense I would expect from Cousins. 

• Like 3

His cholesterol could be high and so he avoids red meat. It could be genetic. He is the only one who can say why if only the reporter had dug in more just to know. I love beef - from head to toe. :D

But these days with my cholesterol and family history I will maybe have some red meat in a month if that. Everything my wife makes is either chicken or goat or lamb. Now I just want to go out and get myself a 16oz t-bone steak....lol

53 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I want to like 5 guys but I think it’s average every time I have had it. There is one very close to my house and never has a line unlike the in-n-out a little further down the neighborhood. Your order seems interesting. I’m going to try it that style. Maybe a double. I like a better bun to meat ratio than a triple. I didn’t know they had A-1 sauce or mushrooms or green onions. 

See Sam Howell it’s not that hard. You hear about something new and you try it. If you don’t like it’s not end of the world, but it might actually be great. The kid has major issues in my opinion. This whole thing is a massive red flag. Some nonsense I would expect from Cousins. 

I wish we had In and Out on the east coast. I also like Whattaburger which is a great burger chain in states near Texas.

5 Guys has the best fast food fries I've  ever had. Their burgers are good but they cook them well done with no exceptions-- I hate that-- too dry and lifeless.

The ONLY way to eat them is to juice them up with a ton of flavorful toppings and sauces. They seem to know this as all of their toppings are free and plentiful.

This was my last cheat meal for at least a month. I'm going into training starting tomorrow at 5am Rocky style (absent the raw egg breakfast) with some floor exercises and a brisk walk.

Hell after reading this thread I may just try going all vegetables, fruits, eggs and green stuff for a month. Never actually done that before.

Be a nice challenge to give that a go.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Who the hell cares what he does or doesn't eat good grief

Trent Williams went on a plant based vegan diet in 2017 before the season. He injured his knee that year and it never correctly healed that season. At same time the cancerous mass on his head grew and irreparably damaged his relationship with the Redskins. Would he have injured his knee or returned more quickly if he wasn’t a vegan? Would delicious red meat have prevented his cancer? Who knows. But those are the circumstances.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1