Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

Get a load of the bull**** coming from this stooge:

MOSCOW — Close Russian ally President Alexander Lukashenko of Belarus said Thursday that Russia was not planning a full-scale war or to occupy Ukraine and denied any involvement of his military in the crisis.

Lukashenko told an extraordinary session meeting of his country’s military command that he had spoken with Russian President Vladimir Putin earlier Thursday. He said Russia and Belarus were “Slavic nations” and that Putin had told him that Russia would not occupy Ukraine.

“Putin said, and this was brilliant, and I praised him during the conversation for this: 'We are not occupiers, we are not going to occupy Ukraine,’” Lukashenko said, according to state-owned BelTA news agency.

One of Putin’s few allies, Lukashenko pointedly avoided criticizing the Russian attacks, and called on Ukraine “to look for ways to prevent bloodshed and massacres.”

Lukashenko also denied Belarusian involvement in the operation.

“The Belarusian army is not taking part in the Russian special operation in the Donbass,” Lukashenko said, according to the Foreign Ministry. However, some analysts say he helped pave the way for the attacks by allowing Putin to leave thousands of troops and extensive military equipment in Belarus after massive joint military exercises ended Sunday.

NIRJA5YMQZFO7EGUP2BDZG5HJE.jpg&w=767

Latest Russia-Ukraine news: Putin launches attacks across Ukraine; Biden vows ‘consequences’ - The Washington Post

~~

40 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

McFaul is the former Russia ambassador that Putin wants to jail and Trump gave the idea of turning him over some thought.

He’s been my go to for Russian related news along with Gary Kasparov, Bill Browder, Tom Nichols, and Anne Applebaum.

Speaking of whom...

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Bang said:

re: the nuclear waste facility reporting..  

the Fog of War is not a new thing, and it has been responsible for many mis-reportings in the past. Often times they do the best they can. I'm not going to hang anybody over a "hold up, new information" retraction as long as it's quick with no attempt at obfuscation.

~Bang

That’s fine but it’s also a way to get a huge spike in retweets, likes, and the tweet embedded all over the internet with your name attached to it. 

not going to pretend it’s easy to tell who’s doing which option at any time, but the unnecessary need to put information out there that you haven’t properly vetted is annoying and it’s at least irresponsible. 

he just declared a nuclear accident in a war Zone and obviously didn’t vet his info correctly. 

it’s not like he accidentally misspoke about tank movements. It’s a nuclear disaster. He knows better and did it anyways. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tshile said:

That’s fine but it’s also a way to get a huge spike in retweets, likes, and the tweet embedded all over the internet with your name attached to it. 

not going to pretend it’s easy to tell who’s doing which option at any time, but the unnecessary need to put information out there that you haven’t properly vetted is annoying and it’s at least irresponsible. 

he just declared a nuclear accident in a war Zone and obviously didn’t vet his info correctly. 

it’s not like he accidentally misspoke about tank movements. It’s a nuclear disaster. He knows better and did it anyways. 

Maybe the answer is to support responsible journalism.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Someone on CNN said Ukraine has the second biggest military in Europe behind Turkey, which surprised me. I hope they can mount a serious defense. They cannot allow Kyiv to fall. 

There's a difference between large and effective. I don't see them holding out for very long. I do hope they're able to mount an effective insurgency though. Unfortunately, the Chechens can explain why that probably won't work either. Putin has no compunctions about bombing any and everything to rubble, civilians be damned, rather than getting bogged down. So I think Ukraine by be a done deal. However, aside from serious sanctions, one of the costs needs to be US/NATO troops stationed in the surrounding nations. Finland and Sweden, y'all might wanna get on board. j/s

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

This is also in context of the United States being the largest producer of crude oil by barrels in the world (even more then Saudi Arabia). 

There are articles about this dating back to 2013 with beyond a shadow of a doubt articles in 2018.

I need to look more into why we aren't a part of OPEC, although my suspicion is OPEC was made specificly to act like a vice grip on our balls and that wouldn't work if we are part of OPEC. 😒

One byproduct of oil prices going up is that it brings some production that wasn't economically viable at lower prices back online. We may pay higher prices over the intermediate term, but it'll stabilize. That said, I don't really care. He needs to be stopped at all costs.

2 hours ago, visionary said:

Funny that Orban is now willing to open his borders to refugees. I wonder what's different this time? Could it be that they're white and Christian? Naaaah, that couldn't be it.

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

^ Thank you for posting that, I was wondering about what the response from Russian citizens would be.  They can't be supporting this nonsense, can they?  How popular is Putin in Russia?  It just baffles me that Putin would do this and attempt to conquer another country.  He is truly delusional.  I guess in his speech he referred to the Ukrainian government as neo-Nazis and somehow thinks they are a threat to Russia. 

The International community shouldn't sit by while Putin bullies Ukraine and kills Ukrainians.  He is banking on not getting a-thousand nukes dropped on his head. 

I know there are all sorts of ethical debates and questions about "is it okay to assassinate political and military leaders".  Well we drone strike and surgically strike terrorist leaders.   

If you are on the losing edge of a 13-1 UNSC vote something is wrong with you and you need to explain why you are keen on starting World War 3.  

6 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

The International community shouldn't sit by while Putin bullies Ukraine and kills Ukrainians.  He is banking on not getting a-thousand nukes dropped on his head. 

I know there are all sorts of ethical debates and questions about "is it okay to assassinate political and military leaders".  Well we drone strike and surgically strike terrorist leaders.   

If you are on the losing edge of a 13-1 UNSC vote something is wrong with you and you need to explain why you are keen on starting World War 3.  

The reason he's not getting a thousand nukes dropped on his head is because we don't want a thousand nukes dropped on our heads either. Ukraine isn't in NATO, so they don't get NATO's military support. If a NATO nation is attacked, that's when everyone else gets involved.

3 hours ago, tshile said:

That’s ridiculous. It’s because we’re in no condition to get into a military conflict with Russia. 

Then what you're saying is that if this was happening in Poland, we'd be doing nothing, too. 

That's what it means, if our military is simply not strong enough to fight Russia's military. (Or if there's some other reason, like oil, why we're incapable of opposing them.)

Either we're simply incapable of opposing them. Or it's "well, yeah, we can fight them and win, but we're choosing not to in this case, because .... "

14 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Yikes.

Let’s hope that is what it is for and not to cover up atrocities in Ukraine.

Just now, Larry said:

Then what you're saying is that if this was happening in Poland, we'd be doing nothing, too. 

I don’t think we would put our troops in putins way, but we could get everyone on board with the most severe sanctions, swift and Russian oil.

This is some crazy ****ed up ****.  Wouldn't have ever expected this in Europe ever again.  

Putin needs to be dealt with, swiftly and decisively.  I dunno if we've got the right guy in office to do it (and before any of you TDS riddled posters attack me, that is NOT an endorsement/wish for Trump).  

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Let’s hope that is what it is for and not to cover up atrocities in Ukraine.

That's exactly what it's for.  That's what a guy like Putin or Kim Jong whatever the **** would do.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Larry said:

That's what it means, if our military is simply not strong enough to fight Russia's military. (Or if there's some other reason, like oil, why we're incapable of opposing them.)

Either we're simply incapable of opposing them. Or it's "well, yeah, we can fight them and win, but we're choosing not to in this case, because .... "

Poland is a NATO member. No, you cannot compare a response to a nato member being invaded to a non-nato member being invaded. If Poland is invaded and we do nothing, then nato becomes defunct and pointless. 

we are in no condition to wage a war. We are a broken and fractured country. It hasn’t even been a year since we left the last war that lasted 20 years. 

yeah, our interests in Ukraine are less than many other areas. 

this isn’t difficult to get. You’re trying really really hard to ignore all this other obvious stuff to make your point for some reason. 

• Like 1