Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

At this point, I really can't tell what's faked footage and what's real. I'm shocked that there's not live footage of fighting and air attacks going on near the borders. Broadcast news doesn't have any videos either, which they'd be showing on repeat if it were coverage of a shooting in America.

Chinese censorship instructions for Ukraine leaked

Horizon News, part of CCP-owned Beijing News, accidentally leaked its internal directives for reporting on Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in a Weibo post on Tuesday (Feb. 22), revealing it would only publish pro-Kremlin content.

The post wrote that any content unfavorable to Russia or pro-Western must be censored, per a Business Insider article. The directive also gave instructions on narrowing the scope of debate on the website — all user comments are to be carefully screened and posted gradually.

An editor at Xinhua News Agency later posted on Weibo that China needs to emotionally and morally support Russia now since “China will also need Russia's understanding and support when wrestling with America to “solve the Taiwan issue once and for all.”

Click on the link for the full article

22 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

When daylight allows news crews to get to sites of destruction will you the STFU about your seemingly ghoulish need to see the bombing and explosions in real time?

Is it ghoulish to question that there really is a massive attack going deep into the entire country, rather than attacking the positions along the east that they've claimed? The difference is whether Ukraine is going to be losing its eastern border, or whether it will exist at all in a couple of weeks, so I think the distinction is a pretty important one.

We're being told that there are reports of attacks deep into Ukraine. We're being told that there are reports that troops are landing to the south, which Reuters is now contradicting and saying it's not. At this point, we're being mired in a propaganda war between the West and the East (Russian videos of reporters being attacked with mortars, Ukranian videos of rockets flying overhead with no explosions with the graininess of UFO videos), and the only thing I'd find indisputable is a live stream of something actually happening, which none of the networks has.

That there's nothing is the only thing keeping me from going to bed with the impending doom of WW3 on our doorsteps.

Edited by NickyJ

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

China will not go along with kicking Russia out of the UN, abs I doubt the rest of the permanent members have a stomach for it either. 

Desperate times

He was speaking about Russia’s seat on the UN Security Council, not out of the UN entirely.  I don’t know how that would be administered, but he is correct that Article 23 of the charter says that USSR - not Russia - has a seat on the Council.

2 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Apparantly Russia doesn't have enough land.  Wtf.

All that land and their GDP is less than South Korea and Italy. Hell, their entire GSP is less than the state of New York!

I'm sure the ruble declining by 20% in the last 2 days will help.  

• Thumb up 1