Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

1 minute ago, gbear said:

So on average, they lost more than a billion each.  It must be nice to even have a billion dollars to lose.  

This money should be used to put the country back on its feet.

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Russian anti-war movement takes shape on the streets – and on screens

"Twitter, Signal and Telegram: the backbone of the anti-war movement 

But protesters still find ways to express their opposition to the war while remaining under the radar. 

Petition gathers over 1 million signatures   

In addition to NGOs, citizens and professional groups have been taking up the anti-war banner by using social networks or getting support from independent media." 

I got this confirmed by the son of a friend of mine living in Moscow.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

The more I am seeing Russia continue to escalate in both the type of munitions used and civilian targets they are reportedly hitting, I see no way we don’t eventually get pulled further into this.  The question seems to be how much are we willing to let Ukrainians suffer and die before we finally do something.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, The Almighty Buzz said:

The more I am seeing Russia continue to escalate in both the type of munitions used and civilian targets they are reportedly hitting, I see no way we don’t eventually get pulled further into this.  The question seems to be how much are we willing to let Ukrainians suffer and die before we finally do something.

Yup. 

and that doesn’t mean we made the wrong decisions.

can’t really blame people for trying to resolve it diplomatically. 

but yeah I don’t know how much longer you can just sit back and let a live tv slaughter continue.

will the world watch Ukraine get wiped off the map, and a slaughter of all those people, simply because they’re not a member of NATO or the EU? 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Same. I am wondering how long they plan on actually trusting this dude to just sit on his nukes knowing how this is going. We are going to have to stop him eventually. 

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

It kind of seems like our best hope is with someone close to putin assassinating him

not really the thing you’d like to depend on…

It's the easiest solution, and also the most unlikely. If Putin starts shooting his own people, or seriously talking about using nukes, then the odds go up fast.

• Like 1

Women take up arms! Thursday, February 24, the writer, veteran Iryna Tsvila was killed in the fighting on the Kyiv border *. Ukraine has the largest female army in the world, with 56,726 women including 4,810 officers in 2020

Edited by FrFan

All bets are off if Putin slashes the West's oil supplies

Russia faces the specter of a full-blown financial meltdown. Punishing sanctions leveled by the West have sent the ruble crashing to record lows, shuttered Moscow's stock market and made Russian assets toxic on the world stage.

The White House has even taken aim at Vladimir Putin's financial fortress, removing access to at least a chunk of Russia's $630 billion rainy-day fund that was designed to cushion the economic blow of this very crisis.

Now comes the big question: How will Putin — who is also facing sanctions on his personal wealth from the West — fire back in what is rapidly morphing into economic warfare?

There is growing concern that Putin could retaliate by using not just natural gas but also crude oil as a weapon against the West.

"Russia's energy supplies are very much at risk, either due to being withheld by Russia as a weapon or swiped off the market due to sanctions," Louise Dickson, senior oil market analyst at Rystad Energy, wrote in a report Monday.

The worldwide supply of oil was already failing to keep up with demand. If Russia, the world's No. 2 oil producer, intentionally held back supply, it would likely send oil prices skyrocketing, dealing a painful blow to consumers around the world.

JPMorgan has warned that oil would spike to $150 a barrel in the event that Russia's exports are cut in half. That would translate to a roughly 41% increase from the recent high of nearly $106 a barrel.

Click on the link for the full article

22 minutes ago, Recovering_Spaz said:

It's the easiest solution, and also the most unlikely. If Putin starts shooting his own people, or seriously talking about using nukes, then the odds go up fast.

I'm not betting on this to happen. And I'm not expecting Putin to commit suicide either.

Revolution from Russian people like 1917? Maybe. But we would have to help that as well as we're helping Ukraine. That would be our best opportunity, and it's highly unlikely too.

• Sad 1

Super-expensive gas to really stick it to our monster truck morons that didn’t get the message in 2008 AND we get Putin penniless and on trial for war crimes while the west rebuilds the Russian economy for our benefit?!?

SIGN ME UP!!

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1