Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

18 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Tell you what...the Ukranian civilians who are assisting their military have (somewhat) renewed my faith in true patriotism.  

This is it

@UA_BotTwitte's tweets Jk3U2o0F_normal.jpg

BREAKING: In Russian Belgorod, 5 thousand contractors staged a riot and refused to go to fight Ukraine

Verified Informations by Oborevat

#UkraineRussiaConflict #Ukraine #Russia
Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

I'm hoping Putin gives up. I don't know what he can achieve at this point. The entire world hates him, including the majority of his own country. Russia is falling apart economically with social unrest everywhere. Even if he does "conquer" Ukraine there is no long-term plan. All of this makes Putin look like a very foolish, stubborn and downright insane person to say the least.

• Like 2

I think, since it was America into Iraq and Afghanistan as the last time a superpower launched an invasion into another country I am not naive enough to think that Afghanistans, nor Iraqis didn't attempt to resist us.  

I am glad that the rest of the world didn't treat US the way Russia is being treated.  

What I am encouraged by is if all the economic sanctions and global shunning are going to turn out to be effective, that China is paying attention to the heavy cost the entire world can inflict on a country when it launches a hostile aggression.  Russia may be able to supress and put down their own citizens.  And by in large, the world may not condone but tolerates human rights abuses internally to your country.  But when you break the soveregnty of another nation,  and your entire region (EU) and world is pissed off at your country, and your citizens and the global-interconnectedness amplifies the type of response from the world.  I am encouraged.  The international community may be able to deter and prevent the next Hitler solely by bringing economic pain onto its citizens.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tshile said:

I think you’ve seriously misrepresented the views expressed in this thread. 

Well this is America and we're free to think what we want. Those advocating escalation in the form of missile launches, air strikes, or any direct engagement with Russian forces are advocating the same, or similar, policy as Trump, minus the typical Trump bluster. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I'm hoping Putin gives up. I don't know what he can achieve at this point. The entire world hates him, including the majority of his own country. Russia is falling apart economically with social unrest everywhere. Even if he does "conquer" Ukraine there is no long-term plan. All of this makes Putin look like a very foolish, stubborn and downright insane person to say the least.

Sounds like Dan Snyder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PeterMP said:

I was making a specific point in response to you.  You said that we could not fire missiles at Russian position and then pretend we didn't do it.

That does in fact happen.  And in some cases it stays secret as to who did and what exactly happened for longer periods of time.  Sometimes we do end up reading about covert actions, especially long after they happened.

Obviously me sitting here in front of my computer, I can't guarantee there isn't going to be a leak from the Pentagon that will give it away.

You made a claim (that we can't fire missiles at Russian positions and the act like we didn't do it), I'm saying your claim is wrong and posted an article to show your claim is wrong.  And yes, for me to read about it means it is no longer covert.    Sometimes after it happens it gets out and me being me and not somebody in the national security apparatus, I can't guarantee or even give you a good idea of how likely it is to get out.  I have no idea what the chances of are of leaks from the Pentagon if we start carrying out covert actions.  But basically, you're still wrong.

If the whole Ukrainian resistance is a giant NATO covert action wouldn't that have required us to send in combatants as noncombatants?

(You generally now seem to be saying you'd be okay if we do things covertly as long as the things work and stay covert.  which is a change and the they need to stay covert is sort of no duh considering that's the objective of covert.)

You are all over the place.

I don't know if you are speaking of "covert action" from an informed place or from the place described in post 2 to this thread. To be frank it appears to be the latter.

I am not going to debate those points anymore in this thread. However if you don't have an understanding of what covert action means and how it is executed and regulated here in the good ol USA then Joint Pub 1-20, Title 50 of the U.S. code, and EO12333 are good places to start. There is the water, feel free to drink at your own discretion. 

In short and easy to understand terms...

Overt engagement is not necessary nor is it a good idea at this point.

Covert engagement as described in this thread(missile strikes) is not practical in accordance with doctrine, policy, and law as described in the aforementioned sources. 

To answer the one question you asked in this post. No, it would not require that at all.  

29 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I think, since it was America into Iraq and Afghanistan as the last time a superpower launched an invasion into another country I am not naive enough to think that Afghanistans, nor Iraqis didn't attempt to resist us.  

I am glad that the rest of the world didn't treat US the way Russia is being treated.  

What I am encouraged by is if all the economic sanctions and global shunning are going to turn out to be effective, that China is paying attention to the heavy cost the entire world can inflict on a country when it launches a hostile aggression.  Russia may be able to supress and put down their own citizens.  And by in large, the world may not condone but tolerates human rights abuses internally to your country.  But when you break the soveregnty of another nation,  and your entire region (EU) and world is pissed off at your country, and your citizens and the global-interconnectedness amplifies the type of response from the world.  I am encouraged.  The international community may be able to deter and prevent the next Hitler solely by bringing economic pain onto its citizens.  

Didn’t Saddam invite the aggression?

Likewise Afghanistan with them supporting the Taliban?

Panama with Noriega?

i know the US supported them at one point.

28 minutes ago, Redskins Diehard said:

Well this is America and we're free to think what we want. Those advocating escalation in the form of missile launches, air strikes, or any direct engagement with Russian forces are advocating the same, or similar, policy as Trump, minus the typical Trump bluster. 

Now that is some grade A bull****.

Edit:

Wait, I’m confused.  When did Trump directly engage Russian troops with missile launches and air strikes?

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Start at about 30 seconds. 

13 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Now that is some grade A bull****.

Edit:

Wait, I’m confused.  When did Trump directly engage Russian troops with missile launches and air strikes?

I understand the confusion. Trump wants to know why we haven't threatened to blow them to pieces. And there are posts in this thread wondering why we haven't launched missiles at Russian troops. Presumably to blow them to pieces

To answer your second question do a quick search of "US kills Russians in Syria" 

And for the record I'm proud to say I've never cast a vote for Trump in any primary or general election

Edited by Redskins Diehard

Anonymous ‘hacks Russian TV to show footage from Ukraine front lines’

SEC_90476123.jpg

It showed stations apparently broadcasting footage that went viral earlier in the week of a young father saying goodbye to his wife and daughter as they fled the country due to the fighting. 

Images of bombs detonating and damaged residential buildings then flashed up on the screen

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

Trump thinks its okay to be "friends" with Putin but is criticizing Biden and international community for not doing more to hurt him?  I am confused by what policy Trump is espousing.  In fact, I don't see a policy other than praising Putin and putting down NATO and the EU. 

He is constantly asking Russia for help, like Princess Leia begging Obi-Wan Kenobi in A New Hope.  "Dear Putin... you want me in the White House in 2024... I will see you as a friend, I so desperately need your help."   It's bizarre and disgusting.  What else is he signaing when he praises Putin?   The media doesn't even ask "Why?"... 

The invasion of Ukraine has been like a P.E.T scan for the world to see how far the cancer of russian influence has spread.

It shows up on the scan as poorly argued logic about why putin is justified. Sometimes subtle and sometimes not. It also shows up as outright praise of putin and his actions/minions or refusal to do anything to help Ukraine for places with the resources to do so.

For us it’s shown up in places where you knew it was like fox news and trump, but also places like tulsi gabbard.

I hope voters everywhere pay close attention and respond appropriately.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Redskins Diehard said:

You are all over the place.

I don't know if you are speaking of "covert action" from an informed place or from the place described in post 2 to this thread. To be frank it appears to be the latter.

I am not going to debate those points anymore in this thread. However if you don't have an understanding of what covert action means and how it is executed and regulated here in the good ol USA then Joint Pub 1-20, Title 50 of the U.S. code, and EO12333 are good places to start. There is the water, feel free to drink at your own discretion. 

In short and easy to understand terms...

Overt engagement is not necessary nor is it a good idea at this point.

Covert engagement as described in this thread(missile strikes) is not practical in accordance with doctrine, policy, and law as described in the aforementioned sources. 

To answer the one question you asked in this post. No, it would not require that at all. 

You know, it really doesn't matter what we do, or don't do, or how it does look ike. Covert ops, missile launches, whatever. You can make it look like how you want, all that matters is how Putin will see it. That's the only point of view that really matters. If he wants to see it as an aggression, that'll be an aggression for him, and he'll escalate.

I still have the feeling that Ukraine is just part A of his plan and he wants more. Seems like he wants us to interfere and declare war on him. The fact that he just put his nuclear weapons on alert is finally not a big surprise. He threatened about it before invading. As if he wanted to do it from the beginning. At this point, I don't really get why we are standing still. The guy just put his nuclear arsenal on alert, so it's time to start sho muscles, because it's quite obvious he'll push the button sooner rather than later.

So we'd better be ready to strike him, and perhaps hope for some Russian generals to say "NIET" to him and shoot him down to prevent a nuclear war. Because now, the guy is clearly mad and  ready to anything even nuke us all.

Honestly, I don't want to give him the opportunity to test his Satan 2 type of missile on anybody. Make sure that doesn't happen at all.

Edited by Wildbunny

@Wildbunny & @FrFan what seems to be the sentiment at large in your countries? Is the feeling this is going to spread and grow to a larger conflict, or that putin will realize the error and withdraw?

What do your respective countries believe the U.S should be doing?

I’m just curious. I know that you can’t speak for everyone where you’re at, obviously we’re all over the board with our own sentiment here.