Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

3 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

You know, it really doesn't matter what we do, or don't do, or how it does look ike. Covert ops, missile launches, whatever. You can make it look like how you want, all that matters is how Putin will see it. That's the only point of view that really matters. If he wants to see it as an aggression, that'll be an aggression for him, and he'll escalate.

I still have the feeling that Ukraine is just part A of his plan and he wants more. Seems like he wants us to interfere and declare war on him. The fact that he just put his nuclear weapons on alert is finally not a big surprise. He threatened about it before invading. As if he wanted to do it from the beginning. At this point, I don't really get why we are standing still. The guy just put his nuclear arsenal on alert, so it's time to start sho muscles, because it's quite obvious he'll push the button sooner rather than later.

So we'd better be ready to strike him, and perhaps hope for some Russian generals to say "NIET" to him and shoot him down to prevent a nuclear war. Because now, the guy is clearly mad and  ready to anything even nuke us all.

Honestly, I don't want to lgive him the opportunity to test his Satan 2 type of missile on anybody. Make sure that doesn't happen at all.

I agree with everything in paragraphs 1 and 3. In paragraph 4 I would swap incentive/justification for opportunity. 

In paragraph 2 I would say we are showing muscle. Our military capabilities are well known. We have sent enough to the region to let him, and Europe know, that he doesn't have unlimited freedom to do what he wants. We've pumped enough javelins and stingers into Ukraine(and associated training) to let him know it won't be easy. And we have built about as big of a worldwide coalition as is possible. 

In my estimation the current Administration is doing a master job up to this point. They are letting Putin grow impatient and **** things up on his own. No need to mimic that behavior

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrSilverMaC said:

The invasion of Ukraine has been like a P.E.T scan for the world to see how far the cancer of russian influence has spread.

It shows up on the scan as poorly argued logic about why putin is justified. Sometimes subtle and sometimes not. It also shows up as outright praise of putin and his actions/minions or refusal to do anything to help Ukraine for places with the resources to do so.

For us it’s shown up in places where you knew it was like fox news and trump, but also places like tulsi gabbard.

I hope voters everywhere pay close attention and respond appropriately.

We’re all addicted to information nowadays. The people who get their minds warped by Fox News are like junkies who bought a batch of heroin laced with fentanyl.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

I think, since it was America into Iraq and Afghanistan as the last time a superpower launched an invasion into another country I am not naive enough to think that Afghanistans, nor Iraqis didn't attempt to resist us.  

I am glad that the rest of the world didn't treat US the way Russia is being treated.

I don’t think we met close to the same magnitude of resistance from the average citizen in Iraq or Afghanistan that the Russians are meeting in Ukraine. In Ukraine, they are fighting for their freedom and for a government and society they love and elected. In Iraq, Iraqis may love their country and countrymen, but the average citizen did not love Saddam’s regime the way Ukraine loves their freedom, and many were happy to see him fall. If you look up the brutal rise of Saddam, you’ll see why. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, Redskins Diehard said:

I agree with everything in paragraphs 1 and 3. In paragraph 4 I would swap incentive/justification for opportunity. 

In paragraph 2 I would say we are showing muscle. Our military capabilities are well known. We have sent enough to the region to let him, and Europe know, that he doesn't have unlimited freedom to do what he wants. We've pumped enough javelins and stingers into Ukraine(and associated training) to let him know it won't be easy. And we have built about as big of a worldwide coalition as is possible. 

In my estimation the current Administration is doing a master job up to this point. They are letting Putin grow impatient and **** things up on his own. No need to mimic that behavior

You know. There's an ex kgb spy (Sergei Jirnov) on french tv now. And his sources in the kremlin that Putin is on the verge of using a nuclear weapon to show the world how powerful he is.

So we should all take those threats very seriously.

That ex spy said russia already lost 6k soldiers.

@MrSilverMaC general opinion here is roughly the same as the US right now.

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Redskins Diehard said:

Well this is America and we're free to think what we want. Those advocating escalation in the form of missile launches, air strikes, or any direct engagement with Russian forces are advocating the same, or similar, policy as Trump, minus the typical Trump bluster. 

Ok but 2 days go trump was ranting and raving about Putin being smart and savvy. 

And he was impeached for withholding security funding from Ukraine cause they wouldn’t help him with dirty political work. 

his presidency generally consisted of him contradicting himself constantly. 

i don’t think him having said something at some point is a reason it’s a bad idea. 

23 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

I don’t think we met close to the same magnitude of resistance from the average citizen in Iraq or Afghanistan that the Russians are meeting in Ukraine. In Ukraine, they are fighting for their freedom and for a government and society they love and elected. In Iraq, Iraqis may love their country and countrymen, but the average citizen did not love Saddam’s regime the way Ukraine loves their freedom, and many were happy to see him fall. If you look up the brutal rise of Saddam, you’ll see why. 

I agree with this.  My father would not have left us in a subway tunnel to fight for Pinochet.  That’s the problem with tyranny, it’s not something people view as there own so much as something inflicted upon them.  It’s an uneasy situation that’s never accepted fully.  People will not risk everything to safeguard their very own dictator.  

that said, there’s another major difference.  Weapon systems.  The fact that Russia has not been able to claim the skies in this conflict yet tells me that the resistance they’re meeting is advanced, well organized, and capable of threatening advanced air power.  We’re also seeing armor being blown to pieces by the latest anti tank missiles.  Ukraine has the means to fight back.  They also have the support of western nations who are moving to resupply them.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redskins Diehard said:

Well this is America and we're free to think what we want. Those advocating escalation in the form of missile launches, air strikes, or any direct engagement with Russian forces are advocating the same, or similar, policy as Trump, minus the typical Trump bluster. 

I am not sure I ever remember trump advocating military's aggression towards Russia in response to Russia attacking Ukraine. He didn't do it in 2018 and he is praising Putin now. If you can provide something that shows he advocates missiles launches and air strikes directly at Russia in response to thier invasion of the Ukraine I would be interested. 

I think you may be confusing his vague and nonspecific blustering with his non-response to Russia, being the good little lap dog he is. I am happy to be proven wrong but I jsut do not remember trump saying those things. He was agonizingly mute then and appears to be supporting putin now. 

From 2018 - when this actually started: 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/26/politics/russia-ukraine-trump-silence/index.html

A few days ago - Calls putin "Smart" and "pure genius"- Says Biden should do more but as usual leaves out those pesky details. 

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia-ukraine-latest-news/card/trump-calls-putin-s-invasion-of-ukraine-smart-blames-biden-for-not-doing-enough-JicGb9xT5GnCZpQdiBjN

Here is trumps record on Russian aggressions - I see a lot of "strongly condemns". a few people got expelled, and some sanctions (none of which are as serious as the Biden sanctions.)  but I do not see the mention of a single missiles or even a pistol being fired towards Russia. 

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2018/09/25/on-the-record-the-u-s-administrations-actions-on-russia/

19 minutes ago, tshile said:

Ok but 2 days go trump was ranting and raving about Putin being smart and savvy. 

And he was impeached for withholding security funding from Ukraine cause they wouldn’t help him with dirty political work. 

his presidency generally consisted of him contradicting himself constantly. 

i don’t think him having said something at some point is a reason it’s a bad idea. 

To each their own.  To be clear though the "some point" he said or wasn't some long off time ago. It was last night. Or roughly the same time folks were advocating or contemplating the same thing here. Doesn't matter really. It's a bad idea when he has it. It's a bad idea when posters on here have it. We know that agreeing with Trump isn't a crime so folks are free to do it as they please

Russian bank Tinkoff now offering to exchange rubles for dollars at a rate of 171 rubles per dollar. It was 83 before the European/US announcement about targeting the Russian central bank. Currency market formally opens tomorrow. This is brutal.

So the Ruble will be worth like half a penny? 

I gotta go find that MAGA neighbor of mine what thinks the Russians are better off under Putin. 😋

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I am not sure I ever remember trump advocating military's aggression towards Russia in response to Russia attacking Ukraine. He didn't do it in 2018 and he is praising Putin now. If you can provide something that shows he advocates missiles launches and air strikes directly at Russia in response to thier invasion of the Ukraine I would be interested. 

I think you may be confusing his vague and nonspecific blustering with his non-response to Russia, being the good little lap dog he is. I am happy to be proven wrong but I jsut do not remember trump saying those things. He was agonizingly mute then and appears to be supporting putin now. 

From 2018 - when this actually started: 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/26/politics/russia-ukraine-trump-silence/index.html

A few days ago - Calls putin "Smart" and "pure genius"- Says Biden should do more but as usual leaves out those pesky details. 

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia-ukraine-latest-news/card/trump-calls-putin-s-invasion-of-ukraine-smart-blames-biden-for-not-doing-enough-JicGb9xT5GnCZpQdiBjN

Here is trumps record on Russian aggressions - I see a lot of "strongly condemns". a few people got expelled, and some sanctions (none of which are as serious as the Biden sanctions.)  but I do not see the mention of a single missiles or even a pistol being fired towards Russia. 

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2018/09/25/on-the-record-the-u-s-administrations-actions-on-russia/

You do know the Trump administration killed hundreds of Russians in Syria? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/world/middleeast/american-commandos-russian-mercenaries-syria.html

There's a link if you want to read about it... it's good stuff. 

To be crystal clear...The idea to blow Russian troops to pieces is stupid no matter who has it

And then completely deserted Syria and abandoned the Kurds.

Truly we live in the era of self-ownage.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Diehard said:

You do know the Trump administration killed hundreds of Russians in Syria? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/world/middleeast/american-commandos-russian-mercenaries-syria.html

To be crystal clear...The idea to blow Russian troops to pieces is stupid no matter who has it

Let me be crystal clear…Ukrainians blowing Russian troops to pieces is awesome.  

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

You know. There's an ex kgb spy (Sergei Jirnov) on french tv now. And his sources in the kremlin that Putin is on the verge of using a nuclear weapon to show the world how powerful he is.

So we should all take those threats very seriously.

That ex spy said russia already lost 6k soldiers.

@MrSilverMaC general opinion here is roughly the same as the US right now.

I did not know there was an ex KGB spy on French TV.  And not sure if French TV is like American TV where you can find an ex spy or general or ambassador on any channel saying whatever you would expect someone on that channel to say. 

If Putin is determined at this point to launch nukes then really anything short of a decapitation strike is probably going to make it more likely not less.

Dominik Hasek calls Ovechkin a 'chicken sh-t', wants NHL to suspend all Russians

”What!? Not only an alibist, a chicken sh-t, but also a liar! Every adult in Europe knows well, that Putin is a mad killer and that Russia is waging an offensive war against the free country and its people,” Hasek said in a tweet reacting to Washington Capitals superstar Alex Ovechkin expressing hope for an end to the conflict

“Dominik Hasek, an all-time great and arguably the best goaltender to ever play the sport, took to Twitter Saturday morning to share his thoughts on a certain Russian star wanting peace.

“What!? Not only an alibist, a chicken sh-t, but also a liar! Every adult in Europe knows well, that Putin is a mad killer and that Russia is waging an offensive war against the free country and its people,” Hasek said in a tweet reacting to Washington Capitals superstar Alex Ovechkin expressing hope for an end to the conflict“

more at link…..

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dominik-hasek-calls-ovechkin-chicken-****-wants-nhl-suspend-all-russians-143643183.html

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

And then completely deserted Syria and abandoned the Kurds.

Truly we live in the era of self-ownage.

Let me be crystal clear…Ukrainians blowing Russian troops to pieces is awesome.  

Yes. It is. Glad it's happening. And tomahawks aren't necessary. 

This may be difficult for you to piece together.  Under Trump, American forces killed 200-300 Russian "troops/mercs" whatever you want to call them. I would bet that Putin didn't ask him to do it. Or direct it. Or like it.