Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Buccaneers QB Tom Brady NO LONGER retiring from NFL after 22 seasons

TK

Buccaneers QB Tom Brady retiring from NFL after 22 seasons

Published: Jan 29, 2022 at 02:44 PM

NFLShield

The greatest of all time is ending his time as an NFL quarterback.

Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady, after 22 seasons of unprecedented winning, is retiring from football, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.

• Sad 3

What an amazing career.  I'm glad that I had the opportunity to see it and watch him play.  Twenty years from now, the kids of today and those yet to come are only going to be able to look at highlights.  They won't be able to see and be part of the magic of witnessing a 25 point come back in the second half of a Super Bowl.  We are lucky we could be here to see the GOAT play!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

What an amazing career.  I'm glad that I had the opportunity to see it and watch him play.  Twenty years from now, the kids of today and those yet to come are only going to be able to look at highlights.  They won't be able to see and be part of the magic of witnessing a 25 point come back in the second half of a Super Bowl.  We are lucky we could be here to see the GOAT play!

I’ll be celebrating my 18th anniversary this year.  I remember dating my wife and being late for our dinner because I was watching the tuck rule game.  Brady’s career has spanned my entire adult life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

34 minutes ago, TK said:

No. This is Brett Favre 2.0

So you mean he's gonna retire then unretire in a year and sign with Washington?

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

Pretty hard to argue he's not the best ever.

What an amazing career.

Yes and no... For all this amazing career, there'll always be spygates and deflategate. Which are making it quite sad, because he was awesome.

And he really lacked some good opposition, within the NFL, Rodgers, Peyton, none of them ever had the coach and the team Brady used to have to really compete year in, year out against Brady and the Patriots, so they never had much competition, besides the Giants for whatever reason...

Now game as evolved so much since the eighties, that it'll always be tough to say "this guy is the best ever".

Nonetheless, he was one heck of a QB and freaking great to watch playing because he surely knew how to dissect a defense on any given sunday.

• Haha 2

Is it possible that somebody jus jumped in this story without confirming from Brady himself?  This does all sound weird, another problem with trying to get first instead of right.  Don't tell me what someone hear Brady say. He needs to come out publicly and say it himself, then I'll believe it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Is it possible that somebody jus jumped in this story without confirming from Brady himself?  This does all sound weird, another problem with trying to get first instead of right.  Don't tell me what someone hear Brady say. He needs to come out publicly and say it himself, then I'll believe it.

Was just talking to the wife about this.  Usually Schefter doesn’t get things wrong.  This is odd.

• Like 1