Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Buccaneers QB Tom Brady NO LONGER retiring from NFL after 22 seasons

TK

10 hours ago, Ghost of said:

Imagine telling Michael Jordan to go away in 97 or 98. Football fans are weird man. 

Tom Brady isn't in his prime, he's just jerking everyone off for attention. If you want to stay, stay. If you want to go, go. I'm sick of this Favre/Rodgers bull****.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Tom Brady isn't in his prime, he's just jerking everyone off for attention. If you want to stay, stay. If you want to go, go. I'm sick of this Favre/Rodgers bull****.

Statistically Brady had a great year last year, his highest yardage total ever (extra game) but QBR and TDs / ints we're very similar to the previous year. Dude is playing at a level others can only dream about.

I don't like the retired / now I'm not charade either. And I really don't like he's back to terrorize the league again. Makes the NFC playoff picture harder to navigate. Rodgers, Brady, and to a lesser extent Stafford are QBs I'd rather not see in the playoffs.

The good news is Dalass now has to play Brady again this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ntotoro said:

Unfinished business being his kids aren't grown yet, so he's actively trying to be away from home... 🤣

Or if his wife is like mine and said for god sake just go to work and out of the house like normal people. The way my IT business is setup I don't have an office to go to and she hates it when I ask for water or food while sitting on my recliner and on my laptop doing work...lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

He wasn't ready  to retire and his family was fine with it.

This isn't Favre. Favre threaten to retire for 2-3  years before he did. Part of the reason they drafted Rodgers, was Brett's indecisiveness.  Brett unretired in the summer; Packers already moved on. They had to trade him. 

Aaron is a big attention who're.

At least Tom unretired before free agency. So, Tampa can resign some of the players. They already lost a player to Bengals 

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Simmsy said:

By 98 Mike was not in his prime, he was just starting from a much higher position and so could still dominate. Like Brady.

He probably met with Glazers to actually ask if he could go to his childhood team and when they said no they said give us one more year and we'll re-tool.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 3:12 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

So, Fox Sports gave Tom $375 million to be their new analyst; once he's done playing. 10 year deal.

This contract actually might make Tom’s take home not just petty cash in the Bundchen household.

Gisele is currently worth (Independant if Tommy) $400M.

Tom Terrific is “only” worth $250M.

If anybody has won life. It’s them.  Beautiful, successful and massively rich. 

And some football douchery aside, they seem like good people and great parents.  

• 8 months later...

I was always a Peyton Manning truther.  And I remember the Brady vs Manning debate and I was very pro-Manning.  Then in the late 2000s, Brady decided he wanted all the rings AND all the stats and records.  Started throwing 35,40, 50 TDs.  I had to concede defeat.  lol  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

How can you argue that Joe Montana is better than Tom Brady?

Same way people argue xyz are better than Michael Jordan. I don't agree with them and I'm clearly biased as someone who said Tom had the magic eye before he was in the NFL but I can entertain arguments that Joe Montana (or other great QBs) played in eras where offense was more difficult and less favorable to passing.

One person I won't tolerate being compared is Peyton "I can't handle this moment" Manning. All the way back to when Woodson won the Heisman it's his destiny to play second to a Wolverine.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

How can you argue that Joe Montana is better than Tom Brady?

The argument is that Montana was perfect in his 4 Super Bowls. Never threw an INT. He never had to come back from 28-3 because he didn't put his team in that position. Also, Brady lost 3 Super Bowls, 2 to the Giants who only scored 21 and 17 points. Eli Manning gets brought up as a potential HOFer because Brady couldn't beat Coughlin's defense, not because Eli actually won shootouts or something. Eli was slightly better than his typical mediocre in those games and didn't turn the ball over. That isn't a HOF career. Also they say that Brady got 1 ring because Pete Carroll lost his mind and the first 3 were because of their kicker. 

I don't really agree with the Montana over Brady talk though. Brady went to 10 Super Bowls. Nobody is ever going to come close. He beat Manning several times to get there. Montana spent a lot of his time injured and cost his team a couple more shots at the SB. Possibly that was good for us though. Montana got his first SB win because their defense held the Bengals out of the endzone on 4 consecutive plays in a game that they led 20-0 before the Bengals came back. 

1 minute ago, SkinsFTW said:

The argument is that Montana was perfect in his 4 Super Bowls. Never threw an INT. He never had to come back from 28-3 because he didn't put his team in that position. Also, Brady lost 3 Super Bowls, 2 to the Giants who only scored 21 and 17 points.

I’ve heard that argument before. Doesn’t make sense. Brady won seven Super Bowls. Montana played 15 years and won four. The other 11 he either didn’t make the playoffs at all or lost before the Super Bowl. The three years Brady made it to the Super Bowl and didn’t win are better than the years Montana didn’t make it there at all.

• Like 3