Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Buccaneers QB Tom Brady NO LONGER retiring from NFL after 22 seasons

TK

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I don't know why the story would have been leaked ahead of time, but I think this is a reasonable explanation for what's going on now:

Geisel has always out-earned Brady, so it doesn't really matter.  She is the real bread-winner in the family.  His income is basically petty cash. 

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Geisel has always out-earned Brady, so it doesn't really matter.  She is the real bread-winner in the family.  His income is basically petty cash. 

That's true, but can you think of any human being who would effectively pay $15 million just to retire a week earlier?

$15 million is $15 million.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

It’s a testament to how insanely unique he is as an athlete that he’s retiring at age 44 and yet there’s legitimate debate as to whether he’s leaving too soon.  At age 44.

He's played in 10 Super Bowls. Most people consider it a good career to just play in the pros at all for 10 years lmao

• Like 2

Just now, PolarExpress said:

VS models get paid that much?  I don’t know much about her career.

She made like $60m a year for a decade.  

She’s an international super model.  A lot of European money.  Brady entered that relationship never having a chance to be as famous as his wife globally or make as much money.  

More people globally know Gisele than Tom.  

It’s wild how much the top supermodels make.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

VS models get paid that much?  I don’t know much about her career.

She's a goddess in Brazil and countries like Italy, France, etc. Her global appeal is insane. My girl who doesn't really follow football can instantly recognize Giselle. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

She's a goddess in Brazil and countries like Italy, France, etc. Her global appeal is insane. My girl who doesn't really follow football can instantly recognize Giselle. 

Thanks.

I’m in the minority, but I don’t find her all that beautiful (facially).  But she has a great body for sure.  Glad to hear she’s so successful.

15 hours ago, China said:

Tom Brady’s Dad Says His Son Is Not Retiring From The NFL

Not so fast my friends.

Tom Brady’s father, Tom Brady Sr. told a local news network that his son is not retiring from the NFL after 22 seasons:

Click on the link for more

Didn't the old man come out and say some dumb **** before the season started and Tom had to correct his dad? I'm not gonna believe anyone until it comes from Tom Brady's mouth. 

Edit; He did:

https://people.com/sports/tom-brady-jokes-dad-patriots-comments/

Tom Brady is teasing his dad.

During Monday's episode of his Let's Go! podcast, the 44-year-old quarterback joked to co-host Jim Gray about putting his father, Tom Brady Sr.,"in a home" after the elder Brady said he felt vindicated seeing his son win the Super Bowl LIV with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after leaving the New England Patriots.

"I've actually prepared a statement that I wanted to say, and it's really all that I have to say on the subject," Brady playfully began. "Comments made by Thomas Edward Brady, a 77-year-old insurance company CEO, who should know better at this point in his life, don't necessarily reflect the views or positions held by his son, Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr. So furthermore, should Tom Sr. continue to speak out on behalf of his son without the express written consent, Junior reserves the right to eventually put him in a home against his will. That's all I have to say."

Edited by Florgon79
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

It's about time.  Geeze save some Superbowls for the rest of the teams.  

Seriously he is the GOAT and I don't think it is debatable at this point.  

It's a bad day for the NFL now that he is officially hanging em up. You just can't replace the GOAT.

There are plenty of good QBs in the league now. I don't think you have to replace him when you have guys like Mahomes, Burrow and Allen in the league. The new kids on the block are here to stay and they are going to make this league exciting for the next decade plus. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

It's about time.  Geeze save some Superbowls for the rest of the teams.  

Seriously he is the GOAT and I don't think it is debatable at this point.  

It's a bad day for the NFL now that he is officially hanging em up. You just can't replace the GOAT.

No you can’t. No one will match that but there’s a new generation qbs to keep us entertained.

Mahomes, Jackson, Allen, Herbert, Burriw, Murray

Either the Bucs quietly promised to pay him that $15 million anyway to make the story end, or Tom really did just pass up $15 million 3 days before it would get paid. Either way, I can't imagine there ever being a QB like Tom Brady again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Either the Bucs quietly promised to pay him that $15 million anyway to make the story end, or Tom really did just pass up $15 million 3 days before it would get paid. Either way, I can't imagine there ever being a QB like Tom Brady again.

Maybe he makes it official after collecting the check? Announcing it and signing papers are two different things.

Just to dig into it it seems that his current contract has an out when he retires where Tampa could reclaim $16 million in signing bonuses even after the Feb 4th date thrown out there. Think it will come down to the team deciding to pay him or not.

When Brady posted on Instagram that he was retiring this morning, he thanked the Buccaneers, the Tampa fans, the Glazer family, G.M. Jason Licht, coach Bruce Arians, other coaches in Tampa and “every single Bucs staffer and employee.” But he didn’t mention the Patriots.

Spider Man Lol GIF

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

The bad man can't hurt us any longer.

We're free. 🥲

I've always wondered what it was that drove Jordan haters, like how do you hate an Alexander or Napoleon or hell, a Michaelangelo or Praxiteles.

But I'm starting to understand now.  And really, it's quite human if irritating.

• Like 1