Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

Flowers was different in cost because he wouldn’t accept a pay cut. So he was either his fully salary or cut. They chose cut and paid Turner less, essentially. 

Flowers is still available, isn't he? Sure would be nice if he'd come back and play left guard for us, on a reasonable deal. Do yall think we might play a couple different olineman this week? Like a Chris Paul maybe? Or Cornelius Lucas maybe? In hopes of improving? I know he plays tackle usually and Cosmi needs reps but he's hurting the team too, with his struggles. So maybe some new faces or is Ron too stubborn and wants to be proven right on his decision to bring those two former Panther hasbeens in?? I know that CLucas has always been pretty solid in my opinion. I've never seen him get obliterated for an entire half ( like the Detroit debacle ) or the entire game ( like the Philly debacle ) 🤔

3 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Flowers is still available, isn't he? Sure would be nice if he'd come back and play left guard for us, on a reasonable deal. Do yall think we might play a couple different olineman this week? Like a Chris Paul maybe? Or Cornelius Lucas maybe? In hopes of improving? I know he plays tackle usually and Cosmi needs reps but he's hurting the team too, with his struggles. So maybe some new faces or is Ron too stubborn and wants to be proven right on his decision to bring those two former Panther hasbeens in?? I know that CLucas has always been pretty solid in my opinion. I've never seen him get obliterated for an entire half ( like the Detroit debacle ) or the entire game ( like the Philly debacle ) 🤔

Optimal lineup would be Lucas/Cosmi/Nick Martin/Schweitzer/Leno but the risk there is you would have no tackle depth behind Lucas, Cosmi and Leno (Charles sucks as a tackle as does Paul)

On 9/28/2022 at 3:32 PM, method man said:

Optimal lineup would be Lucas/Cosmi/Nick Martin/Schweitzer/Leno but the risk there is you would have no tackle depth behind Lucas, Cosmi and Leno (Charles sucks as a tackle as does Paul)

Ron has destroyed our OL, he got here we had Williams and Moses, who he traded and released…..he did this on purpose.

Cosmi sucks, Leno is a little better.

Scherff was a better run blocker than in pass blocking. Both ex-panthers guards need to be replaced. And worst we have no depth and fewer picks. What a disaster!

44 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Ron has destroyed our OL, he got here we had Williams and Moses, who he traded and released…..he did this on purpose.

Cosmi sucks, Leno is a little better.

Scherff was a better run blocker than in pass blocking. Both ex-panthers guards need to be replaced. And worst we have no depth and fewer picks. What a disaster!

I was very annoyed when they let Moses go. I understand they ultimately did so to sign Leno to play LT but why not keep Moses at RT on his inexpensive salary and let Cosmi compete w Flowers as a rookie for that starting guard job?

This team is a mess just sent this out…

The Washington Commanders placed the following player on the Reserve/Injured list:

• OL Wes Schweitzer

The Washington Commanders have elevated the following player from the practice squad:

• OL Wes Schweitzer

well how many people knew there were two wes schweitzers on the team 😂😂😂

Fundamentally the reason Ron should have never been GM is he thinks too highly of himself as a coach.  He believes player success is all down to his coaching, and not talent, so long as they have the right attitude to obey him.

We had some good secondary players playing well in the system, and we let them go because he was convinced he could just replace them and coach them up.  We had good Olinemen, and we let them go because he was convinced he could just replace them and coach them up.  We had a good return man and we let him go because he was convinced he could just replace him and coach him up.  Ron is spending this season scrambling for guys to replace the guys hes already brought in to replace someone who actually played well.  Now in some cases re-signing a player isnt worth the price and you have to do that if you can bring in someone as capable.  But Ron's gone way overboard on that.  And thats what happens in Free Agency when you are convinced its all about you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

I don't know what to think of that double player movement release but I really hope Wes S does not need to go to IR.

The constant Oline shuffle is going to make a bad unit look even worse. Not to mention the need to add a new body at Oline

Unfortunately Schweitzer is indeed going to IR. The message was supposed to say that Wes Martin was elevated.

3 hours ago, tomwvr said:

This team is a mess just sent this out…

The Washington Commanders placed the following player on the Reserve/Injured list:

• OL Wes Schweitzer

The Washington Commanders have elevated the following player from the practice squad:

• OL Wes Schweitzer

well how many people knew there were two wes schweitzers on the team 😂😂😂

510wo1.png.f3d392e2b679615070f4e0c2e4efba95.png

• Haha 1

If they are just now putting Wes S on IR for his concussion, maybe Wes' symptoms got worse over time/didn't improve.

Or maybe they are seeing the heat coming off the Tua situation and no NFL team wants to mess around in that concussion environment if they don't have to.

Now I'm kinda curious. I don't remember specific insight to how Wes was doing.

On 9/28/2022 at 1:19 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I keep seeing a lot of “we need Flowers” posts across the forum.  There is not much to be found about his current status online, but a few weeks back there was a guest on JP and BMitch that indicated Flowers was massively overweight and nowhere near ready to play.

I think 99% of people are bringing up Flowers without remotely considering anything other than he's available.  It's a name they recognize that seemed competent the last time they saw him, on a list of available free agents.  Not a whole lot more consideration is going into it other than that.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I must have mentioned Daryl Williams a 100 times in the thread :ols: but I have no idea why he’s still a FA.

Aside from that, it’s amazing to think we are salary cap strapped without a contract redo happening somewhere on the roster.

Unfortunately, Rivera and Co. aren't going the veteran FA route this year.  They didn't do it at CB or DT.  The Wentz contract ate up most of their financial resources.  

11 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

The Wentz contract ate up most of their financial resources.  

They could have made room 10 ways to Sunday if they wanted to sign anybody.  I think they purposely just stayed pat because they liked the way the defense played during the 4 game winning streak until COVID blew it up and they thought they could replicate that for the season and be ok.  

Through 3 games, they appear to have been wrong about that.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They could have made room 10 ways to Sunday if they wanted to sign anybody.  I think they purposely just stayed pat because they liked the way the defense played during the 4 game winning streak until COVID blew it up and they thought they could replicate that for the season and be ok.  

Through 3 games, they appear to have been wrong about that.  

Yep, it is looking like a significant error in judgement at the minute.

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Yep, it is looking like a significant error in judgement at the minute.

I've always maintained I don't mind Ron having final personnel decisions.  And I do think Martin Mahew has agency, I think he makes decisions and Ron delegates to him.

And I question if we had a different GM who worked for Dan (ie: not Ron) they would have made the same decision.  It would really depend on the person, and would probably depend on the relationship with Rivera.  To me it seems Mahew and Rivera work mostly as a team, and are on the same page, which I like.

Would there have been a different executive that would have said, "that 4 game win streak was fool's gold?"  I dunno.  Maybe.

It's actually baffling to me how bad the defense is vs. that stretch, because minus Collins, it's basically all the same players.  How the hell they have regressed with literally the same players on the field is completely baffling.  Collins was good in that role, but he wasn't freaking Ed Reed or anything. (I get the different position thing, but I'm not going to come up with a comp that makes positional sense...)

50 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I must have mentioned Daryl Williams a 100 times in the thread :ols: but I have no idea why he’s still a FA.

Aside from that, it’s amazing to think we are salary cap strapped without a contract redo happening somewhere on the roster.

Dude must have character issues or something. Bills let him go too after a short run there

5 minutes ago, method man said:

Dude must have character issues or something. Bills let him go too after a short run there

Yep had a couple of good years there, felt like a cap move similar to us with Flowers at the time. Seems like we’ve commit to either youth or scrubs now anyway.