Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

42 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Backup G as the starting C. Laughable...The first few snaps in the game - floating high & low to Wentz - was an indication of where the game was headed. 

Most teams OL back ups are position flex guys. You can't have a roster spot dedicated to guy who's just a backup C.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Most teams OL back ups are position flex guys. You can't have a roster spot dedicated to guy who's just a backup C.

Maybe so but Schweister was a disaster at C today. He got destroyed every Q1 play. Ismael wasn't good but at least looked decent at C. Wes was out of his position - at least during Q1. I turned the game off after the Wentz fumble to start Q2. Second week in a row I couldn't stomach more than 1 quarter of this team. 

9 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Maybe so but Schweister was a disaster at C today. He got destroyed every Q1 play. Ismael wasn't good but at least looked decent at C. Wes was out of his position - at least during Q1. I turned the game off after the Wentz fumble to start Q2. Second week in a row I couldn't stomach more than 1 quarter of this team. 

Ismael was our fourth string center, behind Larsen who was behind Schweitzer.  This was not his first action at center for Washington by a long shot.  However if Nick Martin can get up to snuff and allow Schweitzer to swing out to guard I would be fine by that

Edited by MrJL
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Dude, STFU. Nobody thought we were beating the Eagles. Hell, that's my SB pick. Stop acting like we got rolled by another bum team.

LMAO someone is feeling salty. Cheer up, just because they lost doesn’t mean you can’t continue to live in denial. 

• Thumb down 1

Hey, Ty Nsekhe is available. He was once our best backup offensive lineman. Someone we thought could start on several teams. Basically what Cornelius Lucas is now. Maybe we should bring Ty in...speaking of Lucas, why isn't he getting playing time? I have way more confidence in him than Cosmi right now. Or any other lineman, the way they're playing currently. The Ravens are bringing Nsekhe in for a visit, by the way.  Maybe he can visit us next 🤷‍♂️

Edited by AlwaysBeRedskins2Me

40 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Hey, Ty Nsekhe is available. He was once our best backup offensive lineman. Someone we thought could start on several teams. Basically what Cornelius Lucas is now. Maybe we should bring Ty in...speaking of Lucas, why isn't he getting playing time? I have way more confidence in him than Cosmi right now. Or any other lineman, the way they're playing currently. The Ravens are bringing Nsekhe in for a visit, by the way.  Maybe he can visit us next 🤷‍♂️

Ty Nsekhe will be 37 in a month

3 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Jason Peters is 40 and looking solid for Dallas.

That's the very rare exception. He, Ray Brown and Whitworth are the only guys I can think of that lasted that long. I wouldn't count on a 37 year old career backup tackle. I'd be fine if they signed him to the practice squad. Not sure he'd do that though

What happened to the lineman Rivera and Co signed? Why did none of them even see the field sunday after online play was pretty bad? (I know the answer to my question) Outside of Samuel has any free agent signings helped the team at all? We have tons of players starting for other teams and none to replace them. Anthony freaking Barr is playing linebacker for the cowboys and looked better than anything we had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

What happened to the lineman Rivera and Co signed? Why did none of them even see the field sunday after online play was pretty bad? (I know the answer to my question) Outside of Samuel has any free agent signings helped the team at all? We have tons of players starting for other teams and none to replace them. Anthony freaking Barr is playing linebacker for the cowboys and looked better than anything we had.

Are you referring to Norwell and Turner? They played. They got curbstomped. It's a small sample size and I'm hoping they turn it around. However, currently it looks like they were horrendous choices to replace Scherff and Flowers.

57 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Are you referring to Norwell and Turner? They played. They got curbstomped. It's a small sample size and I'm hoping they turn it around. However, currently it looks like they were horrendous choices to replace Scherff and Flowers.

Wondering if he is referring to Nick Martin. That guy is probably learning the playbook. Once he does, you could slot him in and move Schweitzer back to guard

• Like 1

I recall thinking, dump Scherff replace with Norwell, was an optimal move.  

That’s because I had no idea the dude is completely done.  He’s been an abomination, as has Turner.

These were moves that didn’t even register on my concern radar.  I was concerned about line backers from the moment last season to present and pretty much expected what we’ve gotten this far.  The OL though, it’s shocking to me just how awful they’ve been.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That’s because I had no idea the dude is completely done.  He’s been an abomination, as has Turner.

These were moves that didn’t even register on my concern radar.  I was concerned about line backers from the moment last season to present and pretty much expected what we’ve gotten this far.  The OL though, it’s shocking to me just how awful they’ve been.

Norwell at least had consistent productivity in Jacksonville. Turner, on the other hand, had a disaster of a season in 2020 with the Chargers. He already showed signs of being washed. I was peeved when they signed him. 

Not being able to develop Charles into a starting caliber guard has been a miss on the FA’s part. When was the last time this team developed a day 3 pick into a starter at guard?

1 hour ago, method man said:

Norwell at least had consistent productivity in Jacksonville. Turner, on the other hand, had a disaster of a season in 2020 with the Chargers. He already showed signs of being washed. I was peeved when they signed him. 

Not being able to develop Charles into a starting caliber guard has been a miss on the FA’s part. When was the last time this team developed a day 3 pick into a starter at guard?

Charles not being able to force his way into the starting lineup is a letdown.  As far as developing a day three draft pick into a starter, they haven’t really tried considering they had put money in Lavaou in 2014.  Spencer Long started a bunch of games in 2015 when Lavaou was out.  

1 hour ago, method man said:

The turner signing made no sense to me . Flowers would not have been much different in cost.

Ron makes moves for players that really make no sense to me

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

The turner signing made no sense to me . Flowers would not have been much different in cost.

Flowers was different in cost because he wouldn’t accept a pay cut. So he was either his fully salary or cut. They chose cut and paid Turner less, essentially. 

2 hours ago, method man said:

Wondering if he is referring to Nick Martin. That guy is probably learning the playbook. Once he does, you could slot him in and move Schweitzer back to guard

I think we should give Martin a chance. Atleast he's a true center. Schweitzer obviously isn't. He played well at center last season for us, at times. However vs Phi, his snaps were located poorly and he got abused like the rest of the oline. I hope Matsko, Turner, and company figure out a good plan for Dallas. Not only is Micah Parsons a monster but DLaw woke up last Monday night and had 3 sacks vs nyg. We better have a plan to atleast slow those two dudes down some.

11 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

I think that has to do with Norwell and Flowers both playing on the left side and it became a choice between Norwell and Flowers.  I would have stayed with Flowers (though no one else brought him in).  I agree that the Turner signing didn’t make sense.  Should have been Schweitzer competing with Charles.  It’s a shame Charles can’t force himself into the starting lineup.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I agree. The oline was the absolute least of my concerns, yet it's our number one problem.

• Like 1