Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

With all the LBs taken day 2 I’m sure they’ll be roster cuts. LB not really a worry for me to back fill with a vet. That pure Collins role is. We may come to an agreement, maybe egos settle down and a compromise is reached. 

Honey Badger is clearly the prime get right now. 

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

With all the LBs taken day 2 I’m sure they’ll be roster cuts. LB not really a worry for me to back fill with a vet. That pure Collins role is. We may come to an agreement, maybe egos settle down and a compromise is reached. 

Honey Badger is clearly the prime get right now. 

I'm not as worried about it. It would have been nice to fill it with a high end talent like Daxton Hill for sure. But Curl is awesome at the role. Concern with moving him there is it opens a void at SS. Can Derrick Forrest fill it? Meh. No real answers in FA right now for a SS, either. 

image.png.1e319fdd7f5a4756f86dd927d9b677b0.png

These are the safeties that are on the market. Nothing compelling, really. The guy who cost the Niners the Super Bowl isn't a bad player... but I wonder how destroyed his confidence is. But if we need to move Curl he's worth a cheap contract and look. We definitely have an issue somewhere in that back part of the unit.

St Juste may be able to fill the hybrid spot, but he is a walking concussion and needs to add weight to his frame. But his length and man coverage ability would suit him well there, and he's a willing, albeit sloppy, tackler.

There are in house answers but none of them are necessarily good ones.

Having said that, we were coming away from the draft with holes as is. 

So I'm hoping guys get cut that help fill some of these roles. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Honey Badger or bring back Collins. Daryl Williams OL. Wait for the Giants to move Bradberry.

I think the Giants end up having to cut Bradberry, and I know Rivera will be on top of that one. Daryl Williams ditto. Honey Badger feels like a longshot but I’d love to have him, agreed with Collins as backup plan. Should be some cuts from around the league coming too 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Who are the likely LB cuts? Who drafted LBs that now have loaded LB depth charts? Besides the freaking Cowboys who stole our UDFA AND drafted Damone Clark. ****s.

I like the bradberry idea if he's cut.

Landon Collins back at buffalo would make me feel a whole lot better about the offseason thus far.

If we can get lucky on a LB like we did with Leno and bring back Collins, I'm very stoked with our roster. Fingers crossed.

LB is need #1 in the 2023 draft. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Who are the likely LB cuts? Who drafted LBs that now have loaded LB depth charts? Besides the freaking Cowboys who stole our UDFA AND drafted Damone Clark. ****s. 

Teams can’t keep everyone, I’m sure we will go full bore on Monday and sign some vets, when they don’t count for comp pick calculations.

Also we probably raid some PS for guys we like.

I wondered if FO of Collins willingness to return did change weighting during draft picks. 

As much as there are limitations for Collins, we saw a few changes in secondary from 20 to 21 made a mess of things early last year.   If Collins comes back, knowing he'll be BN, then I think it is a great fit at this point. 

8 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Yeah I'm seeing threads with new posts (highlighted on the topic listing) click on them & there's nothing new to see. 🤷‍♂️

I had 2 different errors this morning when loading the forum.   Maybe a server restart made things a bit off. 

• Like 1

Okay so with the draft behind us, now the plan should be to sign Daryl Williams for our backup guard tackle role, Kyle Fuller for starting boundary corner and we can move Kendall into the nickel/slot/ third safety role, AJ Johnson for our Mike linebacker, and bring LC back for buff nickel.  See I didn't even get greedy and mention matheiu.   I think those 4 moves would make us a lot more complete.

Edited by KillBill26
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Okay so with the draft behind us, now the plan should be to sign Daryl Williams for our backup guard tackle role, Kyle Fuller for starting boundary corner and we can move Kendall into the nickel/slot/ third safety role, AJ Johnson for our Mike linebacker, and bring LC back for buff nickel.  See I didn't even get greedy and mention matheiu.   I think those 4 moves would make us a lot more complete.

I'm still hopeful Bradbury gets cut.   

4 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

I'm still hopeful Bradbury gets cut.   

That'd be a great addition too!  Texans taking stingley might lead to giants keeping Bradbury, bc I bet if giants added sauce or stingley, Bradbury would have been cut.  Now I'm not so sure.  Giants drafted a CB in the 3rd or 4th, but he is projected to be a slot CB.

4 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

At this point in his career I'm not sure what his other options are as a starter in this league. It's beneficial for both sides for him to return on a team friendly contract. 

If I was Collins, and I'm not, I would want to sign a big one year deal with us to play that Buffalo position that we was blowing up.

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

That'd be a great addition too!  Texans taking stingley might lead to giants keeping Bradbury, bc I bet if giants added sauce or stingley, Bradbury would have been cut.  Now I'm not so sure.  Giants drafted a CB in the 3rd or 4th, but he is projected to be a slot CB.

Im pretty sure the Giants NEED the cap space…. holding onto Bradbury is not an option.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

Depends on how they manage the cap.   I think that might drive their decision more than player needs. 

• Like 1

I’d love to get Collins back for the right contract and with him understanding he needs to play the Buffalo nickel spot in order to utilize his skill set and find a role in the league. Maybe now that he’s had a chance to test free agency and seen that nobody is knocking down his door to get him as a safety, he’ll come around to the idea.

I have a Collins question, I've heard people menyion the team asked him to take a second pay cut.   Did he actually take a cut, because I don't see that anywhere. 

He was originally signed 6/84 (14 mill average).  

McCain just signed 2/10 (5 mill average).  

I have a hard time gauging what a BN value is at this point.   Would 7-8 mill average be fair?  Like 2/15 perhaps?

• Like 1

Just now, CommDownMan said:

I have a Collins question, I've heard people menyion the team asked him to take a second pay cut.   Did he actually take a cut, because I don't see that anywhere. 

He was originally signed 6/84 (14 mill average).  

McCain just signed 2/10 (5 mill average).  

I have a hard time gauging what a BN value is at this point.   Would 7-8 mill average be fair?  Like 2/15 perhaps?

I believe he initially agreed to rework his contract. Then after the Wentz trade, he was asked to rework it further. He did not want to do that.

• Thanks 1