Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I'm wondering if Devante Parker could be had from Miami. Their WR depth chart is getting pretty long.  They got Hill now, Waddle, they signed Cedric Wilson in free agency, Parker, Preston Williams and Allen Hurns all on the roster.

I was thinking the same thing when I heard the trade.   Parker is very frustrating bc he seems to get hurt all the time.  Not just dinged up, but out for multiple games.   He has only played 16 games once in 7 years.   

But he is a threat when he is in the field and has height at 6'3".  

We would assume contract of roughly 2 years 14 mil.  We might be able to get him for a 3rd day pick (maybe a couple) bc of his injury history and Miami's depth at the position.  

It is an intriguing option, but I can't over the lack of availability.  Too many missed games with a variety of injuries and he is getting older.   We'd probably have to act quickly to get him, and I'm not sure I'd want to make the trade before the draft.  If we do take wr in 1st or 2nd, I'd rather spend the 6 mil elsewhere.  But after the draft, if he is still available, I'd do it for a 3rd day pick.

Edited by KillBill26

14 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Obada is badass in Irish terms.  Bada is badass in English

This is correct. The O’ in an Irish surname means Of or From the Town of ______ or Of the _______ Clan. So Efe Obada literally means Effer From the Badass Clan or Badass Mother****er.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

Trivia questions for not so old schoolers:

(NO FAIR GOOGLING THE ANSWERS)

1. By percentage of balls dropped who had worse hands Carlos Rodgers or Rod "50-50" Gardner? 

2. By percentage of games played who was available least Malcolm Kelly or Curtis Samuels?

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Trivia questions for old schoolers:

1. By percentage of balls dropped who had worse hands Carlos Rodgers or Rod "50-50" Gardner? (no fair googling)

2. By percentage of games played who was available least Malcolm Kelly or Curtis Samuels?

Never forget the Comb.

HTTR!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

needs to sell something, 2nd most important position and it had a major effect on our **** show of a Defense last year. This is so stupid

I didn't want Wagner any way...or for that matter Rodgers either, or Campbell, Adam's, Armsted, none of them guys. Had my eye on Obagdah, or whatever the hell his name is, from day one of free agency all along.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chris 44 said:

I didn't want Wagner any way...or for that matter Rodgers either, or Campbell, Adam's, Armsted, none of them guys. Had my on on Obagdah, or whatever the hell his name is, from day one of free agency all along.

I did, we lack veteran leadership and communication was a disaster last year. Hopefully we can pull off a slight trade down, get Lloyd or Dean and thats the plan? Dont love giving that job to a Rookie, but I've read both could handle it. 

11 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I did, we lack veteran leadership and communication was a disaster last year. Hopefully we can pull off a slight trade down, get Lloyd or Dean and thats the plan? Dont love giving that job to a Rookie, but I've read both could handle it. 

Little tongue in cheek, my attempt at a bit of humor. Would have loved to have Wagner here.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1