Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A.  He doesn't think they are done in FA

I mean, I don't think they have enough players to hold training camp so I'm pretty sure they will sign more players.  As well as draft a few.

Particularly, they need 2 additional QBs to hold practices.  Or they will wear out Wentz and TH's arms.  

21 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Bad intentions?  Please explain.  

Tackling for him is not so much to get them on the ground, he drives them backwards!  He wants to hurt these boys, its like he brings an attitude to his physical game, good against the run, you have to be different to hit like he does.

3 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Holy s---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sebestian

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I mean, I don't think they have enough players to hold training camp so I'm pretty sure they will sign more players.  As well as draft a few.

Particularly, they need 2 additional QBs to hold practices.  Or they will wear out Wentz and TH's arms.  

I'm available.  I work for water, so I come very cheap. LOL.  You are right and they will have 4 arms in camp. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, duffy said:

Yes, I would. Unless Gardner is there. Then I would probably take him. 

I feel like this has a distinct possibility of happening. Maybe they won't offer 2 1's ... they now have a pair of 2's as well ... but I'd imagine they will want to come up for a top WR now. Question is, do we take that top WR, or trade the rights to make that pick. Curious times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Anyone else getting nervous about Terry not be signed yet? He's seeing this money fly all over, he puts on a good face for the fans but dude has to know that even with Wentz we'll **** this up... scary... pun intended 

Not at all.

If it gets done, it will get done after June 1st when the Landon Collins money comes off the cap. My guess is that's when they will make their best offer.

4 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

So, I think now Miami has a 3rd, 5th - 7th round picks.  They've been wheeling and dealing.  Trading a 1,2 and 4 in the same draft, wow.  

Tua better be doing some left arm exercises.  

Flip side, in the arms race in the AFC West, I think this takes the Chiefs out of defacto first place.  I MIGHT put the Raiders, who have Carr and Adams, and a pretty good defense, as the favorite.  (I don't know what the Vegas odds are.  That's just the way I look at it.)  Denver with Wilson, and San Diego with Herbert.

Wow.  

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Pick 29+30 = 1260

Pick 11 = 1240

Would you?

No,  I want quality over quantity.  Get the best goddamn player at 11, who should be higher rated on your board than anybody who could be available at 29 and 30.  

We have depth and starters at a lot of spots.  We need playmakers.  And we might need to draft a starting MLB for day 1. 

• Like 2

This is what good teams do when a star player demands the money that they have rightly earned but that unfortunately they just can't afford to pay.

They say thanks for all you've given us over tge years and trade them for maximum value.

Trying to convince them to stay for less money inevitably leads to the annual franchise tag game.  Which in turn only serves to delay their eventual departure while at the same time decreasing the compensation received when the player departs.

With the tag game,  when the player eventually leaves as a free agent the best you can hope for is a potential late third round pick years later. BUT ONLY if you don't sign any new free agents the year he departs that would cancel out the future compensatory pick!!??

So not only do you lose the player but you hamstring your current free agency plans and can't go after valuable new players. No thank you. 

Better to bite the bullet immediately and move forward unburdoned by the past.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 11
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No,  I want quality over quantity.  Get the best goddamn player at 11, who should be higher rated on your board than anybody who could be available at 29 and 30.  

We have depth and starters at a lot of spots.  We need playmakers.  And we might need to draft a starting MLB for day 1. 

Thank you.

Pass on Williams/London/Hamilton/Davis/Olave/Wilson/Lloyd/Dean/Gardner/Stingley and get...

someone?

No thanks.

GET A PLAYER. We aren't the Patriots. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, duffy said:

Very disappointed. We could have easily surpassed that offer. Riverboat Ron can't even get out of the marina. Misses on another weapon. 😏

I honest to God don't think we should have done that. I'd prefer to draft a guy, keep the picks and keep the cap space.  Betting that much on a skill position player almost never works out.

Also, we NEVER get the right end of a deal with Reid.  If he doesn't want to pay the guy and is ok shipping him out, I'm going with we shouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole.  He knows.  He knows everything.  

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I'm inclined to agree, but if we have a few WRs we like I hope we consider a small move back. I really like Christian Watson from NDSU though and that 29/30 range is a good value spot. Plus Dean or Brisker could be value picks at the other pick too.

Watson + Brisker + Christian Harris or Olave + Harris, you know?

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

In fairness, I do think they would draft 2 players at 29 and 30.  Though they could surprise us and draft a water boy and head trainer.  I know we need the latter....

:P

But yeah, I want high-end talent at #11.  I might trade back a few (1-3 spots) if somebody wanted to come up for a QB and there were plenty of top-end talents remaining at positions of interest. 

But that's it.  

This plays out with both the Packers AND Chiefs really wanting to get a stud WR for their QB after losing a stud WR.

Both teams have a pair of 1's.

I think Wilson goes Top 10, but if the rest of these guys are there at #11, I guarantee you we're fielding calls from these two. They have 2 #1s, and might have to deploy them to get "They guy"