Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

14 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Money shouldn't be a problem, plenty cap space 15m about atm and we could easily free up 20m plus as well. We never seem to take care of our own draft picks (apart from Allen), unless we are going to do year to year franchise Tags again. In My Opinion McClaurin and Payne should come first then our other FA, then other teams FA. Other teams take care of there best players were as we seem to always let them go for next to nothing, Cousins and Williams immediately come to mind. 

I don't disagree that we should be able to make it work for both of them.  I just don't think we're in a position to know what's taking place between those parties right now.  I'm certain that this regime wants to extend Terry at minimum, but most likely Payne as well considering the other departures at the position.  But it takes two to tango and the WR market just got reset a little over a week ago.  I wouldn't take the lack of information coming out about it to mean anything at this point.

• Like 1

A BIG No for Commanders going after Tyreek Hill.  To me, he's an old 28 years old.  You want to divey up multiple 1st rounders for a QB and maybe a big WR height/weight wise that is 28 and can take the hits but to me, Tyreek Hill is not worth it plus we need to play our own younger WR Terry M..  We don't need two high priced WRs when we can draft one if we want to.  

• Like 4

Just now, RWJ said:

A BIG No for Commanders going after Tyreek Hill.  To me, he's an old 28 years old.  You want to divey up multiple 1st rounders for a QB and maybe a big WR height/weight wise that is 28 and can take the hits but to me, Tyreek Hill is not worth it plus we need to play our own younger WR Terry M..  We don't need two high priced WRs when we can draft one if we want to.  

I'm against Tyreek for the same reasons I was against Watson.

As a player he's special but I'm not sure Tyreek is Tyreek without Mahomes.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, method man said:

Do you think this coaching staff which is notorious for playing people out of position, especially on the defensive side of the ball, is the right one for Hamilton?

Never thought about it from that perspective.  I hope so, but your point is valid.

This team will prepare you for life!

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I agree about being with Mahomes.  Mahomes is so mobile and a "can do everything" QB that he makes Tyreek look special.  Mahomes's reads are amazing.  Right now, I'd say Mahomes and Josh Allen at two of the top 3 QBs in the NFL.  

11 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Never thought about it from that perspective.  I hope so, but your point is valid.

This team will prepare you for life!

Sebestian, you and others watch this player from out of Washington.  He's slated to go in the mid/later first round.  He reminds me a little bit of Honey Badger.  There is only one HB but watch his closing speed and awareness and physicality.  His name is Trent McDuffie. 

3 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Anyone else getting nervous about Terry not be signed yet? He's seeing this money fly all over, he puts on a good face for the fans but dude has to know that even with Wentz we'll **** this up... scary... pun intended 

Not me.  I think our F.O. would know the ramifications on doing this to one of our own. Terry's earned his new contract.  It's on the F.O. for waiting so long as the price has gone up. I do believe they will get it done.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Not me.  I think our F.O. would know the ramifications on doing this to one of our own. Terry's earned his new contract.  It's on the F.O. for waiting so long as the price has gone up. I do believe they will get it done.  

Not disagreeing with our FO knowing whats up, I'm saying I'm beginning to wonder if he's going to want out of this dumpster fire

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Totally agree. I think Tyreek’s character is worse than Watson’s. He seems like an awful awful woman beating monster that doesn’t feel bad about his behavior. 

I hope Philly gives up multiple 1sts for him. 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Or Tyreek without Andy Reid.

that Walrus is a GOAT of modern times of getting most out of skill position players

• Haha 1

We aren't in a position to go after Hill. He's the type of guy you give up draft picks for when you're already on the brink of contention and need that last piece to get you over the top. We aren't at that level yet. We need to get a cheaper, younger impact WR at 11.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Not disagreeing with our FO knowing whats up, I'm saying I'm beginning to wonder if he's going to want out of this dumpster fire

I guess it depends on what they offer him in a new contract and we see how things play out.  Hope he doesn't want out.  He's one if not our best player on the team. 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

We aren't in a position to go after Hill. He's the type of guy you give up draft picks for when you're already on the brink of contention and need that last piece to get you over the top. We aren't at that level yet. We need to get a cheaper, younger impact WR at 11.

If we go WR.  We may go in another direction, position wise but if we are looking at a WR then I agree. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Standing podcast today:

Gets the feeling that news will be coming today of an outside FA signing "I wouldn't say anything exciting"

It will be interesting if the player is one that has been released.  I think it will be and I think it will be either Star Lotulelei (I would not be excited or interested in) or Dayrl Williams (I'd be happy about).  Williams makes sense playing both RG and RT.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Sebestian, you and others watch this player from out of Washington.  He's slated to go in the mid/later first round.  He reminds me a little bit of Honey Badger.  There is only one HB but watch his closing speed and awareness and physicality.  His name is Trent McDuffie.

RWJ.  I do not know where to start!  This guy, I mean, he comes with bad intentions.  You mentioned closing speed, sigh, I have not seen closing speed like that.  He's a pure corner?

Are you thinking kick Fuller inside?

53 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Right now, I'd say Mahomes and Josh Allen at two of the top 3 QBs in the NFL.  

And we have the other one. I just don't understand it. Why wouldn't you all want to pair Cheetah with The Legend?! 

26 minutes ago, sebestian said:

RWJ.  I do not know where to start!  This guy, I mean, he comes with bad intentions.  You mentioned closing speed, sigh, I have not seen closing speed like that.  He's a pure corner?

Are you thinking kick Fuller inside?

Bad intentions?  Please explain.  

25 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I think the Jets are going to get Hill.  Makes the most sense.  I figure it is #10+#38 for Hill+mid round pick.

Wow, that seems like a lot. They could easily take the best WR in the draft if that happens. I wonder who KC has at the top of their WR board?