Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

Albright is saying no to Philly

Talented, big time but I just don't see it being us.  Then again with the things that have happened in less within the past several hours, who knows... Wow!

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

People were figuring Wentz can be used for trade bait next season. Jokes on them, Wentz is the trade bait now.

Here me out because this is the only fun us Washington fans can have... Trade 3 1st, Wentz and who ever they want (Payne, Chase...)  to Houston... this would mean 3 1st, 1 3rd and possibly a 2nd (for Wentz) plus one player. If you would tell me we will trade 3 1st, a second and a third for him I would do it.... 

ok back to reality with Wentz throwing to Cam Sims 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Clearing cap space to trade Wentz and picks for Watson? Giants?

On The Herd Cowherd is hearing Houston doesn't want Baker or Ryan back in a trade.  They want to roll with Mills this year for cheap and build their team.  If that's the case, sounds like no QB is wanted in a trade.  We'll see.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

Just now, HigSkin said:

Oh The Herd Cowherd is saying Houston doesn't want Baker or Ryan back in a trade.  They want to roll with Mills this year for cheap and build their team.  If that's the case, sounds like no QB is wanted in a trade.  We'll see.

Smart on their part. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, German_skin said:

One can dream haha we would need more cap space for him... but yea... no one wants to come to this circus... Must be the Eagles and I would hate it

Uh...

as long as Wentz is part of the deal, his 28 + the 17 we created from Io an Flowers more than covers it.

He is actively meeting w/ suitors tho, so any mystery team would have to be talking to him eventually. I doubt he meet all these prospective dealers and then chooses the org that he didn't even meet with.

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Dirty if true.  This is why this team misses Eric Schaffer.  All that knew Eric knew he was one of the best cap gurus in the NFL. 

I doubt it's true. This seems like Ioannidis's agent is grandstanding, maybe in an effort to lure future clients? I'm sure the agent feels compelled to raise some sort of stink just because. That said, I doubt the team KNEW at the combine that Ioannidis would be cut. As has been suggested, I think everyone knew it was a possibility. Including his agent, who bothered to ask. But unless the answer is a definitive YES, the right answer is to say not at this time. Mainly because if you say YES and then change your mind, it becomes awkward. What likely happened was the team was able to see the exact $$$ it needed to sign certain players and decided it needed to cut someone to get to that point. 

As for the agent, the "2 days" of legal tempering aren't even over. So it's not like any of this deals are actually official. Ask the Buffalo Bills and J.D. McKissic or the Dallas Cowboys and Randy Gregory. Besides players like Bobby Wagner who are cut, nothing is set in stone. So, as for the agent's grandstanding, get over yourself dude. You can sell your BS elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

If no QB involved I cant even imagine how many picks they want.  Ricky Williams type entire draft for 2 years and then some! lol

To get an interview with Watson, teams had to start with 3 firsts according to reports.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Epochalypse said:

I find it hard to believe people think that a franchise who has gone through and still under the shadow of a sexual harassment investigation would even consider bringing in Deshaun Watson...

Ya it’s not happening. Nor should it. But is it that hard to believe it’s something this org. would do?

• Like 1

Just took my afternoon double dose of absinthe mixed with laudanum and just before I came too I asked the sacred flying elephants who we were going to sign and they answered in unison:

"Why that's elementary my dear--- Watson!!!"

But that doesn't make any sense. What does this have to do with Sherlock Holmes? <scratches head>

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Ya it’s not happening. Nor should it. But is it that hard to believe it’s something this org. would do?

No it should not happen. He is going to pay off these women to stay quiet. Don’t want him. 

If BA was still here, Watson, Snyder and BA could all be besties.