Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My guess is that no one wanted to stay with the team and restructure, Ionnaddis or Flowers, I am guessing right now as no one knows.  Maybe it has to do with the internal going on with the team that's been reported (Snyder)?  Who knows? This is unreal at the moment though. We have lost our starting RG (expected) and LG (shocked).  

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Jericho said:

I'm still shocked by the number of people who can't spell Cam Sims' name correctly after 4 years. It's only 7 letters total people. Show the man some respect and get his name right!

Maybe if he produced more?  But yeah, how hard is it to spell Simmms?

Churn that roster and remain lean. Love it! 

Have guys developing at G and can find great value in the mid rounds. Similarly to rotational DTs. 

Sign the freaks, draft and develop talent, and prioritize/identify professionals at a good cost. Churn the rest of the roster. 

Flowers will be back in two years when his guarantees run dry with another franchise that overpays ;) 

• Like 3

Not as surprised abotu Matt I as I am Flowers. Matt is purely a CAP hit. Looking to keep the big guys like Payne, Allen (already signed), Young and Sweat. Matt could not stay healthy. 

Flowers is a bit of a surprise. But must be a big fish coming, or a major resigning, or both. 

• Like 1

The Flowers cut is weird bc they were willing to carry a 1-year, $18M cap hit for Scherff last year. So what’s $10M to protect your shiny new QB? Even if you couldn’t come to an agreement on an extension—why cut one of Wentz’s starting OG who has played well and create another hole, unless you need the money to make big moves? Don’t really see what they’re doing. OL performance is a lot about gelling into a certain chemistry, and they just removed another part of that. 

Legit the only move that’s worried me so far. Matt I doesn’t worry me too much even after losing Settle, he’s overrated by the fanbase based on how he performed before he earned his second contract with us. He hasn’t been nearly as good or impactful since even when healthy. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'll just say that aggressively creating cap space feels like they are about to make a move or two.  I doubt they just want to subtract to build cap room to carry over for 2023.

With the Collins money not coming off the books until 1June, we need to shed other to create space. Feels like a deal is coming. Must be right :ols:

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

My guess is that no one wanted to stay with the team and restructure, Ionnaddis or Flowers, I am guessing right now as no one knows.  Maybe it has to do with the internal going on with the team that's been reported (Snyder)?  Who knows? This is unreal at the moment though. We have lost our starting RG (expected) and LG (shocked).  

They probably didn't want to wear our new stupid a** uniforms 😔🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

With the Collins money not coming off the books until 1June, we need to shed other to create space. Feels like a deal is coming. Must be right :ols:

Rivera himself has said THIS year is a big one, they need to win.  so I got little doubt that they aren't building cap space just to be over more and carry that to next year.  Feels like they got somethings coming. 

• Like 1