Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

Getting rid of McKissic is crazy talk to me. He was, by far, our most productive offensive player not named T-Mac. Good health, good hands, good vision. Getting rid of him is getting rid of our only safety net if something happens to Gibson, and McKissic was better than Gibson.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Getting rid of McKissic is crazy talk to me. He was, by far, our most productive offensive player not named T-Mac. Good health, good hands, good vision. Getting rid of him is getting rid of our only safety net if something happens to Gibson, and McKissic was better than Gibson.

McKissic was nowhere near as good as Gibson.  Gibby had 1037 rushing yards, 294 receiver yards, and 10 total touchdowns.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, DieHardSkins88 said:

McKissic was nowhere near as good as Gibson.  Gibby had 1037 rushing yards, 294 receiver yards, and 10 total touchdowns.

Gibson as a true running back still has a long way to go. A thousand yards rushing is nothing today, it’s only averaging 60 yards per game over 17 games. Antonio still needs to learn the small nuances of playing running back which hopefully will continue to improve next year. Plus he needs to learn how to hold onto the ball. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Love JD, but smart teams dont pay RBs big money. Even one that has the receiving chops that JD has... they're unfortunately easily and cheaply replaced. AG should be his replacement and we should draft a bell cow somewhere in the 2-4th round. Of course this means we are going to over pay JD. Its not personal, its business. We need a Mike, a Safety and OL/CB Depth in FA, maybe a TE, roll into the draft with Patterson and Gibby. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DieHardSkins88 said:

6 fumbles for Gibby....some of them very critical.

No fumbles for JD....We need em both. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redwards said:

They need to let McKissic go.  There is little reason to have him back.  If they're serious about building around Wentz (which they have to at this point to even have a chance at respectability) then they have to understand his game.  I'm assuming they've done their homework on him and realize he isn't a check-down QB.  He rarely throws to his backs.  That's his history.  Use the money you'd have to pay McKissic and go and get some more WR weapons, which we desperately need.  Draft a WR in the first two rounds.  Get a real weapon.  We don't have nearly enough of those on this team.  True game-changers like Terry Mac.   He's our only one.  Maybe CS can help (if healthy )but Ron certainly didn't give him a ringing endorsement, Humphries was basically a no-show last year.  He added next to nothing.  Brown right now is a massive disappointment that shouldn't be counted on.  He needs time for serious development, which is fine, but there's no way the team should be counting on this guy right now.  And if one of those guys goes down, we're in dire straits at the position again.  Need another stud opposite Terry at the every least.

I’m questioning whether you’ve ever seen Wentz play football. 

From college to the pros, Wentz’s favorite targets have been TE’s and RB’s. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Redwards said:

They need to let McKissic go.  There is little reason to have him back.  If they're serious about building around Wentz (which they have to at this point to even have a chance at respectability) then they have to understand his game.  I'm assuming they've done their homework on him and realize he isn't a check-down QB.  He rarely throws to his backs.  That's his history.  Use the money you'd have to pay McKissic and go and get some more WR weapons, which we desperately need.  Draft a WR in the first two rounds.  Get a real weapon.  We don't have nearly enough of those on this team.  True game-changers like Terry Mac.   He's our only one.  Maybe CS can help (if healthy )but Ron certainly didn't give him a ringing endorsement, Humphries was basically a no-show last year.  He added next to nothing.  Brown right now is a massive disappointment that shouldn't be counted on.  He needs time for serious development, which is fine, but there's no way the team should be counting on this guy right now.  And if one of those guys goes down, we're in dire straits at the position again.  Need another stud opposite Terry at the every least.

The Colts had two running backs catch 40 passes last season. Throwing to the backs was a huge part of their offense.

13 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Gibson as a true running back still has a long way to go. A thousand yards rushing is nothing today, it’s only averaging 60 yards per game over 17 games. Antonio still needs to learn the small nuances of playing running back which hopefully will continue to improve next year. Plus he needs to learn how to hold onto the ball. 

to be fair there were only 7 rbs over 1000 yds last year.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Odd situation w/ Gregory

Unfortunately, that opens a little bit more room to overpay for Wagner plus the org needs to save face now.

Feels like an unreasonable offer for wags is coming up.

Wagner or Matthieu possibly.

Just now, oraphus said:

If Washington loses McKissick, i hope they replace him with Darrel Williams, from Chiefs. Always liked him as a RB that can carry the load and catch

I actually like Darrel Williams more than mckissick.

• Like 1

I would rather keep McKissic, but I do wonder how much of that passing back role can be taken up by 'he with one hamstring' and if he is the backup plan if we cant retain McKissic. 

Until last season, saying 'he with one hamstring' would take on that role would make hella sense. So im really really hoping for something positive to happen that area. If I were responsible for this roster I would still be counting on him playing this season. He got one entire season of rehab. Time to play football now. We paid you enough for it.