Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

41 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Because the 3-14 Jaguars are Super Bowl or bust and Brandon Scherff was the missing piece 👌

Getting rid of Urban "the human stripper pole" Meyer is good for 3-4 wins by itself.

Jags might win it all with Scherff...

• Haha 4

So who is left that we all prefer for ILB?

So who is left do we prefer for FS?

So who is left do we prefer for TE?

So who is left that we prefer for RB?

Other positions for the draft?

Edited by actorguy1

I don't know who the FO intends to bring in, but our LB corps was bad enough to sink the entire defense last year. I hope Ron/JDR have a plan there. Another miserable year by the D probably accompanies another losing record, and perhaps a regime change.

• Like 1

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

Getting rid of Urban "the human stripper pole" Meyer is good for 3-4 wins by itself.

Jags might win it all with Scherff...

I'll say this: they have to protect Trevor Lawrence because their franchise depends on it. Any asset that can help that process along is basically priceless to them. 

The Commies need to protect Carson but let's be honest, the FedEx turf is more dangerous than any defender he'll face this season 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

So who is left that we all prefer for ILB?

So who is left do we prefer for FS?

So who is left do we prefer for TE?

So who is left that we prefer for RB?

Other positions for the draft?

Draft C Harris

M Williams

Hayden Hurst

Draft James lilD Cook

C WATKINS NDSU WR

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Conn said:

Said this myself earlier: 

And that was before they over paid Zay Jones. 

Yikes!  Glad that isn't our team.

3 minutes ago, max21 said:

They have Marvin Jones and Dj chark? A decent WR group already with Shenault coming up, spending like that at WR makes no sense to me especially in a WR class in this draft 

Chark is a FA

25 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The Commies need to protect Carson but let's be honest, the FedEx turf is more dangerous than any defender he'll face this season 😭

Except in 2021 this happened....

Benevento discussed how this year’s project is much different than previous years when his team would remove two inches of soil and replace the sod.

“Now, we’ve taken it a step further,” Benevento said. “We’re taking out 14 inches of subsoil, back down to the heat lines, and we’re going to rebuild it up with the drainage system, irrigation system, brand new USGA spec sand, and we’re going to put on GameOnGrass sod, that is grown in Charlotte, North Carolina especially for us and install that sometime in mid-July.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Except in 2021 this happened....

Benevento discussed how this year’s project is much different than previous years when his team would remove two inches of soil and replace the sod.

“Now, we’ve taken it a step further,” Benevento said. “We’re taking out 14 inches of subsoil, back down to the heat lines, and we’re going to rebuild it up with the drainage system, irrigation system, brand new USGA spec sand, and we’re going to put on GameOnGrass sod, that is grown in Charlotte, North Carolina especially for us and install that sometime in mid-July.”

Oh great, now you jinxed it. 

4 hours ago, MartinC said:

He is coming off an ACL. That might or might not be a good deal. 

And Gallup tore it late in the season so he probably won’t be back till mid year at best. Cowboys lost Wilson and of course traded Cooper so who’s Dak gonna throw to other than CeeDee. 

1 hour ago, CommDownMan said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dante_Fowler

Ironically the jaguars picked 3 the year Scherff was drafted and I bet they wish they had taken him.   

Maybe a guard is silly at 5, but even with injuries we won that one.   Even Winston and Marietta at 1 and 2 weren't very exciting to this point. 

And if we are smart in FA this year we will get a 3rd back for Scherff as well. We overpayed Scherff. But we definitely won. I agree.