Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

Just now, OtisDriftwood25 said:

We need to let this market play out. Sign only cut players. Enjoy the comp picks and not being in cap hell like some of these teams will be 

Just give me the free safety and I agree with you.  1 big signing, that's all.  Solidify the back end and then lets go draft and bargain shopping.  Nothing wrong with that.  That is one of the advantages of letting these big spending teams blow their wades on day one.  There is always talent available, and the cost gets lower by the day.

35 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Very true. But then it's a short career as a pro footballer and for some of these guys this is the last big deal they will sign. Can't blame them for getting what they can, while they can.

Scherff is a prime example of that - I'm glad we are not the guys giving him that deal personally.

I guess that's why I'm interested in the competing offers, because while the career is short and this is probably the last chance to cash in on a huge deal - it's still a whole hell of a lot of money any way you chop it up.

For example, let's just pretend it looked like this for Scherff:

• Bengals offer 4yr, 17MM/apy for a total of $68MM, $50MM guaranteed
  • Jags offer 4 yr, $18MM/apy for a total of $72MM, $54MM guaranteed

Obviously, $4MM isn't peanuts - but is it worth going to play for the team with a top pick because they are perennial losers vs. a team coming off a Super Bowl with a proven QB and weapons?

Again, I don't even know that the Bengals offered him a deal.  I'd just be curious to see what the competing offers look like, because for me - it's a few million, I'm going to the most competitive team, with a proven QB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I guess that's why I'm interested in the competing offers, because while the career is short and this is probably the last chance to cash in on a huge deal - it's still a whole hell of a lot of money any way you chop it up.

For example, let's just pretend it looked like this for Scherff:

• Bengals offer 4yr, 17MM/apy for a total of $68MM, $50MM guaranteed
  • Jags offer 4 yr, $18MM/apy for a total of $72MM, $54MM guaranteed

Obviously, $4MM isn't peanuts - but is it worth going to play for the team with a top pick because they are perennial losers vs. a team coming off a Super Bowl with a proven QB and weapons?

Again, I don't even know that the Bengals offered him a deal.  I'd just be curious to see what the competing offers look like, because for me - it's a few million, I'm going to the most competitive team, with a proven QB.

Florida also doesnt have an income tax, which is a perk.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

The Kirk deal is 4 years $72mil with a max of $84mil for a guy who has never had a 1000 yd season and was the number one last year without Hopkins and Green for most of the season. Nice pickup Jags 💩

I could see Terry getting a $100 mil contract maybe 6 years. I think they wait to see what AJ Brown and D. Johnson get. I think that’s a mistake letting other teams set the market. 

56 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That new regime has a lot of promise, but it's going to take them a bit of time to straighten that mess they have there. But they have two high 1s and a ton of cap space next year. The only FAs of real note next year are Barkley and Bradberry. If they trade Barkley for anything of note and ge themselves a QB this offseason, they could become dangerous really quickly. But again, not this year. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Joy Taylor on The Herd and is from Pittsburgh said Steelers fans are going nutz over the Trubisky signing, that Rudolph is better, why make that move, it's stupid, blah, blah, blah.

Sound familiar? 😂

If their response continues to mirror ours in 4 or 5 days they'll be touting him as the likely savior of the franchise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

That new regime has a lot of promise, but it's going to take them a bit of time to straighten that mess they have there. But they have two high 1s and a ton of cap space next year. The only FAs of real note next year are Barkley and Bradberry. If they trade Barkley for anything of note and ge themselves a QB this offseason, they could become dangerous really quickly. But again, not this year. 

Theyll pass us in 2-3 years. Theyll get their cap right this year and jettison some bad contracts. Probably trade back from 5 or 7 for plethora of picks. Get an elite talent with the other. 2 first rounders again next year in a better QB draft to get their QB of the future. 

They are doing it right.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

44 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

Resigning Troy Apke really moved the needle for us. 

Must be since Wentz loweted our SB odds.

Wow... I can't believe that signing Trubisky moved the needle at all.

8 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

De’Vondre Campbell back to Green Bay for 5-years and $50M, per @BillHuberSI. Great get Bill. https://twitter.com/BillHuberSI/status/1503455344974049283

Good teams find ways to resign the players they want to keep-- at least partially because most players would rather be on a winning team.

I liked Kirk as a Robin to our Batman but that amount of money is just reckless for him. Good luck Jacksonville. 

DJ Chark would be a nice grab but probably too pricey as well.

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Jordan Hicks should be very affordable for us.

Fingers crossed 

• Like 1