Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: No Effort Version - Dallas vs. WFT II

KDawg

15 minutes ago, Gallen5862 said:

I watched the Game til the End. Washington should use the next couple weeks to sign players off other teams Practice Squads. Scan the Waiver Wire etc to improvethe Roster.I would Keep Gilbert active. He has to be on the Roster next week since signed off another Teams Practice Squad. I wonder if Washington tries to bring back Fitz as a Vet Placeholder QB if he can't get someone elsein a trade or free agency. Washington needs to get a Franchise QB this off seaso. They also need more OL help. I would try to re sign Bobby Mccain. 

Do you really think there are a ton of studs on practice squads and the waiver wire? Sure there may be an anomaly everyone once in a while but there are there for a reason. 

11 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Agreed on all counts

Ron has had 2 years to come up with answers so far whether FA, trade or draft

While not top picks, Ron has brought in Allen, TH, Fitz, Gilbert, Shurmur, Montez....and made decisions not to take Hebert or Tua in 2020 or move up for Fields or Jones in 2021

Lots of swing and misses so the next shot will be his last.

Maybe going a FA tpe like Trubisky and a first or second round QB is the way to go...2 shots at success. 

Yeah, but Allen was brought in as a backup, Fitz never got a chance to play and the other 4 were PS/emergency types.  I think it’s fair to assume they inquired about a trade up for either Fields or Jones (particularly the former if I’m remembering correctly that they liked him).  If the cost was 2 1st (or more) to get Fields, I can understand passing.  They were outbid for Stafford (and not sure if they were given the chance to counter).  So really, it was mostly about Chase Young vs Herbert… and I just can’t fault them for that one.  Everyone looks silly at some point when you look at drafts in hindsight.  Point being, IMO RR hasn’t had any misses as of yet, because he hasn’t landed one with high expectations and had them fail.

Frankly, the only thing I don’t want them to do is use valuable draft picks and a big chunk of cap on someone like Carr.  But maybe I’m wrong for feeling that way.

9 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Do you really think there are a ton of studs on practice squads and the waiver wire? Sure there may be an anomaly everyone once in a while but there are there for a reason. 

I tend to agree, though linebacker and running back are two spots we could potentially find upgrades/better backups/diamonds in the rough.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not sure Del Rio's schemes are much different than most DCs in today's NFL. You gotta have talent to win. I do think he overestimated the quality of our DL early on but to be fair EVERYONE thought they'd be a lot better than they were. The only thing I really fault him for is not playing Landon Collins at LB right away, we all knew that was his best spot, but that might be more of a Rivera call.

There is a need of talent in the secondary, no doubt.

But DelTaco is a damn coach; a defensive coordinator. His main job is to get the schemes designed to attack in the best ways possible against whoever the opponent is. 

Some teams run the ball better than they pass; some QBs are runners. Yet every single running QB they faced embarrassed them, and the only help was a slow, lumbering LBer who is built for run support not pass protection but still can't catch the QB.

No, DelTaco's game plans are predictable and in some cases opposite of whats needed. He's got no ability to coach a defense, he was a coattail rider who got butt-lucky on 2 different teams for 1 year each; in fact, the teams' rankings dropped during his 2nd year on said teams. Week in and week out we see the same generic soft zone coverage, no pressure up on the line at all. I've yet to see defenders in front of the WRs at the line, they're always 8 yds back, and when a team needs 4 yds for a 1st down that strategy fails miserably.

He has to be fired the day after the season ends. If he is kept then that shows the FO knows nothing and it will continue to be a **** show of an organization.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

Frankly, the only thing I don’t want them to do is use valuable draft picks and a big chunk of cap on someone like Carr.  But maybe I’m wrong for feeling that way.

Giving up assets and Cap space for Carr doesn't make much sense to me either (I would do that with Watson if cleared)

41 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Can you give a synopsis?

He implied that Allen called Deron a female and plays soft and that Deron should have knocked Allen out. He told WFT fans to know what happened before you start talking about **** you have no ****ing clue about. 

He also told Washington to get a ****ing QB.

Edited by No Nonsense
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, No Nonsense said:

He implied that Allen called Deron a female and plays soft and that Deron should have knocked Allen out. He told WFT fans to know what happened before you start talking about **** you have no ****ing clue about. 

He also told Washington to get a ****ing QB.

Okay, so... Payne is gone.

Add him to the list with Sweat, I guess.

Not that a team should make a rash judgement. But it sounds to me like Daron hasn't been happy and he and Jon aren't quite getting along. 

Allen was just re-signed to big money so if either are going to be gone it's Payne, and his contract is up soon.

I'm sure it's fixable... but after Payne's pretty safe/solid answer in his presser his Dad just blew up his spot a little bit. 

• Like 3

I think the question about Payne isnt if it is fixable, its if its fixable before the coming offseason. If we don't lock him up early like we did with Allen, then he will be going into the new season with Free Agency on his mind and will likely already be one foot out the door. Basically as good as gone.

I'm not sure we can see this situation repair itself fast enough to want to throw money at him in the offseason, so I am currently prepared to see Payne on this team beyond next season.

Edited by FootballZombie

5 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I’m thinking Payne is gone.  All the Washington stuff is gone from his IG. Though his Twitter still has it.

Whoa. That's really surprising. Not necessarily that he's gone, but just that he didn't wait to remove things before the season ended. I wonder if some bridges were burnt and that fight was not the beginning, but a sign of something long brewing.

What irritates me the most, is the media is only talking about the whupping we got. They don't mention the short week, they don't mention the injuries, they don't mention the covid outbreak. They just want to crown Dallas the best team ever, going to the SB because they beat an already beat down team. Who cares if they got one of the easiest schedules? I seriously, can't wait until they get destroyed in the playoffs.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

What irritates me the most, is the media is only talking about the whupping we got. They don't mention the short week, they don't mention the injuries, they don't mention the covid outbreak. They just want to crown Dallas the best team ever, going to the SB because they beat an already beat down team. Who cares if they got one of the easiest schedules? I seriously, can't wait until they get destroyed in the playoffs.

The media shows no sympathy for teams. 

Dallas went through it last season. No QB, 4th string tackles, missing half their squad. 

They still expect these teams to compete and it’s ridiculous.

Edited by DeMarco Murray 29

4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I understand the frustration about Dallas hype following a game situation that clearly had the WFT playing at a disadvantage (with so many players out, and having to play on the road with no time to prepare).  It was a situation that didn't give Washington much of a chance to succeed.

I see the sentiment of "I can't wait until they get beat in the playoffs" from so many NFC East fans.  Good news is, only one team will win the Super Bowl.  So it is very unlikely that Dallas will be that team.  Then, you will get to see "the media" all laugh about how Dallas is pathetic and how predictable it was that they would fail in the playoffs.

If Dallas did happen to win it all, you can at least be happy for me!  I can be happy for the fans of any team that wins it all after a quarter of a century or more without a championship.  Except Eagles fans obviously.

Edited by Nerm
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I’m thinking Payne is gone.  All the Washington stuff is gone from his IG. Though his Twitter still has it.

Yeah if that's the case it looks like he's probably gone. We did exercise his 5th year option though which means we'll probably look to trade him. I just don't think we'll get great value. This isn't like the 49ers getting a 1 for Deforest Buckner, that guy was a stud. Payne is good but not that good and now might have a malcontent cloud following him.

I'd be surprised and ecstatic if someone offered a 2 for him and would probably pull the trigger.