Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Legend of Taylor Heinicke at Jerruh's Aluminum Bench Emporium

TK
Message added by TK,

1278913746_ScreenShot2021-12-26at11_27_34PM.thumb.png.eadce47d9c4bfd0539232df16559eea5.png

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I agree. The issue has always been who is running the front office. Any of those three would likely have failed here with the kind of support they would have gotten.

which is why, regardless of the actions of the front office, they were all 3 far too smart to have stuck around here anyway 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I actually doubt those 3 find sustained success here. I just can't picture it with our owner, the stench is too much for a single coach to overcome. 

Those guys' careers would've been destroyed by the toxic overbearing shrew. The last guy to actually stand up to Dan was fired after only one year.

Edited by SlinginSammy HOF '63
  • Like 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I have to think about this, is this in the context of Taylor starting next week or not?

no idea, but I’m sure they didn’t want him getting hurt. Putting Allen in at this point pretty much says to me that they plan on continuing to start Heinicke yeah. He’s the one they’re essentially protecting on the sideline once it got out of hand. If it was just about performance they would have put in Allen way earlier to try to salvage it. So imo Heinicke wasn’t benched bc they wanted to see what Allen could do so much as to protect the starter. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alexa said:

who on our defense is as good as Diggs, Lawrence and Parsons?  I do agree that we play soft zone that sucks but we don't have anyone who is as good as those 3. 

From their potential coming out of college we have many players that have failed to live up to it.

allen

payne

sweat

young

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Bull****...........you cant be the captain of my defense letting another man double tap the side of your head like that, and sit there and do nothing.....

That double tap is just as disrespectful as a slap. A punch in the face is less disrespectful.....

Your right in principal, but you gotta eat that in this situation.

Its the same as the player Meyer kicked. Any man is going straight to blows and would be justified. But if you do, your never working in the NFL again. 

NFL leaders can not punch their own guys

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

no idea, but I’m sure they didn’t want him getting hurt. Putting Allen in at this point pretty much says to me that they plan on continuing to start Heinicke yeah. He’s the one they’re essentially protecting on the sideline once it got out of hand. If it was just about performance they would have put in Allen way earlier to try to salvage it. So imo Heinicke wasn’t benched bc they wanted to see what Allen could do so much as to protect the starter. 

I can see that.  At this point, season is over, as much as I like Taylor, I'd like to see what Allen can do again given they will be battling for a backup spot next season at best.

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Who is going to come in and do a better job? How many coaches are going to come in and win in this situation? We are literally bringing people in off the street. Ismael is our 4th string C. Charles is our 3rd or 4th string guard. Our only starters on defense right now are Allen, Payne, Fuller, and Curl--and most of the backups are hurt or out for god-knows-why. We had to play on Tuesday and then play on the road on an even shorter week. You're overreacting to a terrible situation.

I just disagree.  I'm not looking at this game in a vacuum.  I didn't expect to win this game.  I predicted a 31-17 game.  

I didn't predict a major fight on the sidelines, showcasing this team falling apart.  I didn't predict a major lack of effort, which is palpable.  

I certainly didn't predict two years in a row of Ron not being able to prepare his team to start a season (though I should have because he had the same issues in Carolina).  I didn't predict in Year 2 Ron not being able to get his team to play 60 minutes, or for his defense to fall off the face of the earth.  Or his overall lack of finding playmakers. Or his double talk.  Or his extremely narrow margin for success when it comes to his overall team building philosophy.  

There's a lot to dislike about Ron's regime for a lot of us.  If you don't share that opinion, no worries.  Your opinion is certainly as valid as mine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I can see that.  At this point, season is over, as much as I like Taylor, I'd like to see what Allen can do again given they will be battling for a backup spot next season at best.

I wonder if Allen makes more money for a win then Taylor does?