Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Absolutely not. It’s Taylor’s team for the rest of the season, good or bad. You don’t just bench him because he had a bad game. You wanna know if he’s the guy? Let him show what he can do over the next 4 games.

Agree here. I was good with benching him today but Heinicke needs to start the rest of the year.

• Like 7

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Absolutely not. It’s Taylor’s team for the rest of the season, good or bad. You don’t just bench him because he had a bad game. You wanna know if he’s the guy? Let him show what he can do over the next 4 games.

Taylor will never be the guy. At best he would be a bridge QB until you get the guy. 

• Like 1

the protection was total **** today, why arent they receiving more blame? His fear of getting sacked led to bad throws, its just what happens to qbs under duress. Dallas defense was ranked 27th overall coming into this game btw. they battered taylor all day (got hurt multiple plays) and we just go back to complaining about his arm talent which i agree is a weakness. Remember haskins who had a great arm?

Also If we dont turn the ball over that many times this couldve been a win. im not as discouraged as some are here and calling to bench taylor after a 4 game winnings streak lmao. I mean look at the $40 million qb Dak prescott who had 2 picks (one pick 6) and should have had another if ours dbs could ever catch anything. are dallas fans calling for dak to be benched since he hasnt played great the past 4-5 weeks? Taylor has earned the right to finish the season imo. winning isnt easy in the nfl and we have 6 in which he has gave it his all and made plays. I think he bounces back next week.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Wait, Heinicke and Brady ar married? No wonder TH seems to have that "it" factor. He sleeps in the same bed as a guy who's the most clutch player in NFL history!

Simmer down there mistertim. Jumbo was talking about Tom and how he is not a virgin and therefore can't marry him....lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tonysoprano1 said:

Real quandary wit Gibson, runs well, but fumble it's. 

25 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

This.   I know we would have lost anyways, but why is it every time they pour on additional help just to make sure the media darlings don't get beaten? 

Yes, we got beaten by a better team. But yes, we got absolutely HOSED on the officiating.  Both can be (and ARE). true. 

24 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

This.   I know we would have lost anyways, but why is it every time they pour on additional help just to make sure the media darlings don't get beaten? 

Yes, we got beaten by a better team. But yes, we got absolutely HOSED on the officiating.  Both can be (and ARE). true. 

Gibson isn't a bellcow and we need to stop using him like one. I can understand to an extent because McKissic is out but still we gotta figure something out. Gibson does some things really well. He's real good in space and the first guy almost never brings him down as evidenced by his yards after contact numbers. The fumbling sucks, but you gotta hope he can learn from it and/or you can coach him out of it. He also has poor vision in traffic and constantly runs into the backs of guys. If he can develop a little bit of patience he could be so much better because he does have good cutting ability. Pair him in a tandem with a power back and we can have a legit rushing attack. I actually think him and McKissic is redundant to some extent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Heinicke should have thrown 5 INT today at least. I’m not one who cares to see Allen over Heinicke in general, just thought this post was funny in light of that. 

And numbers show that Allen turns the ball

Over

17 ints

15 fumbles

in 19 Games or parts of games 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redwolves92 said:

the protection was total **** today, why arent they receiving more blame? His fear of getting sacked led to bad throws, its just what happens to qbs under duress. Dallas defense was ranked 27th overall coming into this game btw. they battered taylor all day (got hurt multiple plays) and we just go back to complaining about his arm talent which i agree is a weakness. Remember haskins who had a great arm?

Also If we dont turn the ball over that many times this couldve been a win. im not as discouraged as some are here and calling to bench taylor after a 4 game winnings streak lmao. I mean look at the $40 million qb Dak prescott who had 2 picks (one pick 6) and should have had another if ours dbs could ever catch anything. are dallas fans calling for dak to be benched since he hasnt played great the past 4-5 weeks? Taylor has earned the right to finish the season imo. winning isnt easy in the nfl and we have 6 in which he has gave it his all and made plays. I think he bounces back next week.  

The protection overall wasn't very good but it was pretty up and down. One issue, especially early on, is that Dallas kept bringing 5 or 6 guys and we didn't have an answer for it. A lineman can only block so many dudes at once. IMO that's partially Turners fault scheme-wise, and partially Heinicke's for not see it and getting the ball out quick.

Gotta know where your hot reads are and get it into their hands. Rivera himself said in the post-game presser that TH holds the ball too long at times. However, even when he had plenty of time to throw, Heinicke was inaccurate for the most part. He really just had a stinker of a game is all there is to it IMO.

As far as benching TH I agree...let him finish out the season. No reason to bench him now. Allen is ok but clearly not the answer either. One thing I would say though, since you brought up "should have" been picked passes. Heinicke had at least 2 or 3 other INTs that were dropped as well.

• Like 2