Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Rouge 4 at The Death Star

TK
Message added by TK,

490730691_ScreenShot2021-12-05at7_09_29PM.thumb.png.aa76992a10bb991590d96dc5bbb7beb4.png

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I occasionally think I have a really bad delay in the game link I'm watching, because of some of the reactions. :ols: 

It's fun talking football with y'all in the GDT, but sometimes I have to just put it away to enjoy the games, when it's close.

Yep.  I watch the games thru a reddit link... so definitely a few minutes behind the TV broadcast.  The only safe time i can read/comment on the threads is during the commercial breaks.

Crap, another TH interception!?!  LOL

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Yes, I'm very tired of it.  I love being wrong, though.

Glad that after a victory THIS is your focus.  High fives on that. :)

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Sooooo you’re not gonna own up to it. Lol

May want to read before you post there, brother.  I've also literally made call out threads OF MYSELF for when I'm wrong.  Let's see you own up to your desire to instigate rather than improve a situation and not doing the BARE MINIMUM reading.  You're nailing it.

Stop trying to **** on other fans.  I'll tell you guys the same thing I tell my six-year-old complaining about my four-year-old: Whining sucks, whining about whining sucks more.

We won four in a row and THIS is what's living in your head rent free.  Have fun with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

May want to read before you post there, brother.  I've also literally made call out threads OF MYSELF for when I'm wrong.  Let's see you own up to your desire to instigate rather than improve a situation and not doing the BARE MINIMUM reading.  You're nailing it.

Stop trying to **** on other fans.  I'll tell you guys the same thing I tell my six-year-old complaining about my four-year-old: Whining sucks, whining about whining sucks more.

We won four in a row and THIS is what's living in your head rent free.  Have fun with that.

Lol. Ok there. I love how this turned around on me for being critical of having to listen to people rain on parades all game and then when I call them out, I'm the one that's instigating. If you're gonna be a cynic, I'm not talking about being critical of plays or players, i'm talking game is over type of fatalism then accept that it's tiring every friggin game. No is saying someone is a better or worse fan, which you keep assuming i'm doing. We're all fans of the team regardless of how we react. You're being very hypocritical because you're now whining about my being annoyed with having to read posts ALL game about how the game is over, or that we're never gonna win, or blah blah blah. Sometimes, maybe just watch the game and shut up instead of giving yourself an opportunity to pat yourself on the back for predicting the future. It's the same **** as actually losing and coming on and saying, "see? I told you so". Congrats!

Now end it. You got anymore issues with me, take it to DM.

Edit: Also, I erroneously did not read that post you made when I responded so you're correct in I should have looked for it. 

Edited by PartyPosse

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Lol. Ok there. I love how this turned around on me for being critical of having to listen to people rain on parades all game and then when I call them out, I'm the one that's instigating. If you're gonna be a cynic, I'm not talking about being critical of plays or players, i'm talking game is over type of fatalism then accept that it's tiring every friggin game. No is saying someone is a better or worse fan, which you keep assuming i'm doing. We're all fans of the team regardless of how we react. You're being very hypocritical because you're now whining about my being annoyed with having to read posts ALL game about how the game is over, or that we're never gonna win, or blah blah blah. Sometimes, maybe just watch the game and shut up instead of giving yourself an opportunity to pat yourself on the back for predicting the future. It's the same **** as actually losing and coming on and saying, "see? I told you so". Congrats!

Bro, you don't tell me what to do, let's make sure that's clear.  You're now implying that I'm whining about your whining about others whining.  I'm not bouncing into EMDR, but keep going with that.

You clearly didn't read what I wrote AND QUOTED MYSELF OWNING UP TO IT.  You don't want resolution, you want absolution.  Gaslight yourself all you want, but I'm over here trying to enjoy a win, so go ahead and get the last word.  You, when it comes to this topic exclusively (you're one of my favorite posters outside of this), won't be getting a response.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Raiders fan saying McCain should have had PI also overlook the fact that after our sack at the beginning of the drive the clock didnt start running until they snapped the ball. They did not use a time out. 

I was going insane screaming at the game about that. We decline the penalty. Clock should have started running.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Bro, you don't tell me what to do, let's make sure that's clear.  

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

End it now. Or else...

That's me telling you both what to do.

Pretty sure that's as clear as it's gonna get. 

:) 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, petey hodge said:

Yep.  I watch the games thru a reddit link... so definitely a few minutes behind the TV broadcast.  The only safe time i can read/comment on the threads is during the commercial breaks.

Crap, another TH interception!?!  LOL

I have comcast, I've noticed that my "feed" seems to be faster than most. I try to keep my comments a bit vague or delayed...but sometimes you get excited...

21 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I haven't read through this thread too much over the last 18 hours or so but I will just pose a question. It seems like there is a difference in philosophy or skillsets of the team right now. We seemed to go all in on speed in the offseason. Maybe that was in prep for Fitz and not TH, but it is what it is. So now that Heinicke is the starter, one of the things that we constantly see is that he throws balls high. Now, he does seem to hit guys a lot more now (completing more than 70 % of passes in 4 straight games) but I wonder if he would do better with his bigger guys at WR. I'm talking Cam Sims, AGG, and guys like that? Right now we have TMac, Samuel, Carter and Humphres who are playing well and Humphres did extremely well on that last drive but I wonder if we could get more with a guy like Sims (who I trust more than AGG) getting more play?

I was thinking about this and I think I've answered my own question. 

As much as I think a guy like Sims would be beneficial to Heinicke in terms of bringing down some of the high balls, I think its a question of bringing those balls in vs YAC. Most big WRs aren't going to be running 4.4 40s.So it becomes a question of do you want your big plays to be all about the deep ball (or say the 20+ yarder) to these guys vs being able to do something like a crossing route or a drag route and have them take it to the house. I thought about the Atlanta game and how we were in such a similar position as the Raiders game but Heinicke was able to extend a play and get it to JMC and he took it to the house with his wiggle. Then there's the simple question of having guys who have stickem for hands, like TMac has. 

We're seeing that JMC and Gibson lead the team in YAC and YAC / reception (9 yards and 8 yards after catch per reception). Even the guys like RSJ and Humphres are getting about 5 YAC per reception. Its interesting. 

26 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I was thinking about this and I think I've answered my own question. 

As much as I think a guy like Sims would be beneficial to Heinicke in terms of bringing down some of the high balls, I think its a question of bringing those balls in vs YAC. Most big WRs aren't going to be running 4.4 40s.So it becomes a question of do you want your big plays to be all about the deep ball (or say the 20+ yarder) to these guys vs being able to do something like a crossing route or a drag route and have them take it to the house. I thought about the Atlanta game and how we were in such a similar position as the Raiders game but Heinicke was able to extend a play and get it to JMC and he took it to the house with his wiggle. Then there's the simple question of having guys who have stickem for hands, like TMac has. 

We're seeing that JMC and Gibson lead the team in YAC and YAC / reception (9 yards and 8 yards after catch per reception). Even the guys like RSJ and Humphres are getting about 5 YAC per reception. Its interesting. 

The high passes are due to Taylor's mechanics. Has nothing to do with WRs. It's worst when he throws off his back foot. The ball sails on him - he is not alone. But when he gets rushed he panics a little (anyone would with 300 to 900 lbs barreling down on you), he doesn't get his feet set and drive on the ball. When he gets his feet set and drives through the throw he has better control of his accuracy. 

He had taken that mostly out the previous 3 games and was showing better mechanics but LV was getting a lot of pressure on him and his mechanics took a hit. But I expect him to watch the video and fix that again. During the offseason they will work on drills to make it automatic but right now he has to think about it. It's all part of his development as a QB. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I haven't read through this thread too much over the last 18 hours or so but I will just pose a question. It seems like there is a difference in philosophy or skillsets of the team right now. We seemed to go all in on speed in the offseason. Maybe that was in prep for Fitz and not TH, but it is what it is. So now that Heinicke is the starter, one of the things that we constantly see is that he throws balls high. Now, he does seem to hit guys a lot more now (completing more than 70 % of passes in 4 straight games) but I wonder if he would do better with his bigger guys at WR. I'm talking Cam Sims, AGG, and guys like that? Right now we have TMac, Samuel, Carter and Humphres who are playing well and Humphres did extremely well on that last drive but I wonder if we could get more with a guy like Sims (who I trust more than AGG) getting more play?

I missed this post at the time, but have been thinking the same kind of thing. I noticed that the top two receiving yards from Sundays game were by Thomas (6'6") and Bates (6'6").

Now it obviously may just have been that the TE routes worked out better on the day, but I do think that Heinicke benefitted from having the taller guys on the field.

Two possibilities: Heinicke sorts out his mechanics and sets his feet better before throwing or we just draft the BPA (biggest players available 😃).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

The high passes are due to Taylor's mechanics. Has nothing to do with WRs. It's worst when he throws off his back foot. The ball sails on him - he is not alone. But when he gets rushed he panics a little (anyone would with 300 to 900 lbs barreling down on you), he doesn't get his feet set and drive on the ball. When he gets his feet set and drives through the throw he has better control of his accuracy. 

He had taken that mostly out the previous 3 games and was showing better mechanics but LV was getting a lot of pressure on him and his mechanics took a hit. But I expect him to watch the video and fix that again. During the offseason they will work on drills to make it automatic but right now he has to think about it. It's all part of his development as a QB. 

I agree but I think a mix of the taller guys and the speed guys would be optimal. He is never going to be perfect. Its a constant thing about him evading pressure. Taking the extra second to set his feet may be ideal but that second will not always be there. That incomplete ball to Thomas was almost a thing of beauty (it still was) as he avoided the sack, but I think Thomas was so surprised he got away that he wasn't focused on the catch. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I agree but I think a mix of the taller guys and the speed guys would be optimal. He is never going to be perfect. Its a constant thing about him evading pressure. Taking the extra second to set his feet may be ideal but that second will not always be there. That incomplete ball to Thomas was almost a thing of beauty (it still was) as he avoided the sack, but I think Thomas was so surprised he got away that he wasn't focused on the catch. 

I agree about the WRs but that is independent of Taylor being the QB. That mix of WRs would help any QB. But you also have to keep the best players. Big is not always best - not saying anything you do not know, just making the point. 

The drop by Thomas was a little high but still very catchable. He has to make a better effort and catch that ball - need to reward your QB for the magic act performed to get out from being sacked and getting a catchable ball to him. So while I have been critical of Taylor's high throws, that one was more than acceptable and was well within the range of a catchable ball. Thomas simply has to come down with that pass. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AJ* said:

Honestly, he's right. The doomsayers get insufferable with their constant whining when one thing goes wrong.

You are on the wrong thread if you are looking for roses and sunshine on the gameday thread 🙂  For many it's therapy to counter the years of beatdowns we have taken from the team. Having said that, I mostly just stay away from that thread until after the game. I would recommend that especially if the doom and gloom and excessive criticality bothers you. 

I will say though that most of those comments come from a place of caring too much, not hate for the team or some effort to rain on others parades. It's from years of being let down time after time over 20+ yrs. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

You are on the wrong thread if you are looking for roses and sunshine on the gameday thread 🙂  For many it's therapy to counter the years of beatdowns we have taken from the team. Having said that, I mostly just stay away from that thread until after the game. I would recommend that especially if the doom and gloom and excessive criticality bothers you. 

I will say though that most of those comments come from a place of caring too much, not hate for the team or some effort to rain on others parades. It's from years of being let down time after time over 20+ yrs. 

Wasn't there a no BS, no crying gameday thread a few years ago for just these complaints? 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

I don’t even watch the games…. But I have ESPN game cast open and other tab with the Gameday thread (entirely for amusement).

Oddly, I find the level of hysteria, bipolarity and mania in that thread to be less stressful than actually watch a player dropping an easy catch for a first down, a defender sack our QB, an offensive lineman get called for a hold, and a referee blowing another call adversely affecting the game.

Gamecast gives me the straight facts… and I get connected to the energy of the game through the fans - without actually investing my own.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TK said:

End it now. Or else...

That's me telling you both what to do.

Pretty sure that's as clear as it's gonna get. 

:) 

Done.  @PartyPosse sorry, genuinely, for pushing back against how you feel.  I can't tell you you're wrong because it can be really frustrating for me when people say "I quit this team" and then are still there the next week.  It probably feels similar when you see me or others say "And that's the ballgame" when the clock hasn't hit 00:00 yet.  I also shouldn't have pushed into a pissing contest.

Hope we're good. :cheers:

• Thumb up 2

6 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I have comcast, I've noticed that my "feed" seems to be faster than most. I try to keep my comments a bit vague or delayed...but sometimes you get excited...

Yeah, it can get awkward when I’m posting about an awesome first down effort… and my post shows up after an AG fumble

• Haha 1