Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Rouge 4 at The Death Star

TK
Message added by TK,

490730691_ScreenShot2021-12-05at7_09_29PM.thumb.png.aa76992a10bb991590d96dc5bbb7beb4.png

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

This is hilarious - nonstop whining. And not sure what game he was watching. Got so much wrong. Got it totally backwards - said our Oline shut the pass rush down.... lol  Not. Said our secondary was trash - Not!  lol  Whined about the PI non-call. He was looking back for the ball. Yea he had a little jersey but that is allowed as it did not interfere with his route. Ball hit him in the hands. Complained about the refs all the way through. Typical raider whining. I love it!!  

God help us.  Any moron with a camera and a YouTube account can vomit out whatever feculence bubbles up from their addled brains.

• Haha 3

There was a lot of annoying **** in the game day thread. 

"all we ever do is run gibson up the middle for 1 yard. It's dumb. It never works"

Next play- Gibson up the middle for 9 yards :ols:

"This game is so over. We suck"

Next play- stop them and get a 3 and out

There are some dudes in there that just **** and moan about every ****ing thing, every game and then shut up when we play well and win.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

"all we ever do is run gibson up the middle for 1 yard. It's dumb. It never works"

There are some dudes in there that just **** and moan about every ****ing thing, every game and then shut up when we play well and win.

welcome-to-the-internet-internet-demotivational-poster-1264714433.png.jpg.815bb510f28dcd4b2bca7ae0606c5278.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

Jesus, man.  How many versions of this post did you make?  Right after the game ended?

Why can't you just enjoy a win MINUTES after it happens rather than try to **** all over other fans?  Are you at the game pointing at fans who are pissed off about a play and then coming up to them after the game to say "SEE I AM SO MUCH BETTER OF A FAN THAN YOU NEVER DOUBT OUR TEAM YOU SUCK I AM THE BEST" ?  Then don't do it on a message board.  Where you are not new.  And know what these threads are.

Man do you know how to rain on a parade.  You sure you didn't mean "Pooper" instead of "Posse"?

Sooooo you’re not gonna own up to it. Lol

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Sure, with a potent offense you can still have some of the same results, but you also have a wider number of outcomes.

With a pound the rock, control the clock, stingy defense plan you're most likely not going to be a high scoring offense, unless you're up against a really awful defense that you can just gash the whole game. If your defense isn't playing well you're likely in trouble because you're not built for shootouts. So that basically takes that possibility off the table. With a potent offense you can at least keep up if your defense isn't playing well.

I think in the 80s and 90s for the most part the standard template for building teams was that running and ball control concept, so usually teams were kind of on the same page. I think that was partially just the philosophy then and partially because the rules were more favorable for that kind of game.

Over time it's become much more of a passing centric league with high powered attacks and a top passing QB being the primary ideal template that most teams lean towards. So if you have a pound the rock, control the clock, stingy defense mindset, you're mostly an outlier. That doesn't mean it can't ever work, but it's much harder nowadays because the game simply isn't geared towards it anymore.

I get your point, and I do agree that the NFL is heading toward a passing league for 20 years now.

But still, if you haven't there's a good article to read from the Post about the Run/Pass debate. It's quite interesting from an analytic point of view :)

24 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

That Bates information is beautiful. I knew he was catching some good passes, but that run block grade? We may have a complete TE on our roster. Maybe not a downfield threat but he can find holes in the zone and he's not letting balls fall out of his hands.

Well he had an abysmal drop in the second quarter though. A ball he should definately have, even if it was a bit high.

Otherwise, just like Milne, I'm rather please with him, he's a good rookie that is improving, and as you said. Rather complete.

What a change!

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Huh. It’s almost as if......game day threads......are........REACTIONARY. Color me surprised!! 

are you new here? 

12 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Would be fire if we still had Sweat and Young now that the secondary plays really well. Really missed them both yesterday as our backup DEs showed almost nothing.

In my opinion, the Defensive backs are playing better because our DE are staying on their assignments. 

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If reactionary posts annoy you, maybe extremeskins isn’t the place for you 😂 after all, it’s called EXTREMEskins, not mediumskins. 

You should go on Twitter and talk about an ES member finding annoying posts annoying and how ridiculous it is.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

In my opinion, the Defensive backs are playing better because our DE are staying on their assignments. 

While there is certainly some truth to that, to me that is more of a coaching and scheme thing than it is a personnel theme. After the bye everything came together nicely. Started against the Bucs where Young was still active for a whole quarter.

• Like 1