Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Rouge 4 at The Death Star

TK
Message added by TK,

490730691_ScreenShot2021-12-05at7_09_29PM.thumb.png.aa76992a10bb991590d96dc5bbb7beb4.png

14 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I Dont Think So No Way GIF

thanks for the suggestion though 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

In here telling me how to react to a gd thread. Your in another thread telling someone how to be a real fan. Maybe you should make a thread about your really important opinions on your imaginary forum rules.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

In here telling me how to react to a gd thread. Your in another thread telling someone how to be a real fan. Maybe you should make a thread about your really important opinions on your imaginary forum rules.

The one telling someone how to be a real fan wasnt me, that was @Hoover-ball 😂 get your facts straight. I was simply saying people need to show up for a team fighting for a playoff spot because homefield advantage is important. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 1

Raking people over the coals for day old posts? Pffft, that's pathetic.

A professional has standards. I go back to years old posts. Remember when you said that the Kirk Cousins was going to rise out of the Redskins patch and shower every fan of his new team with Super Bowl rings, veryoldschool? Well I do, AND I'M. STILL. WAITING.

Linus-editorial.jpg

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, London Kev said:

I'm not trying to pile on to PartyPosse, I'm just giving my take.

I absolutely love the gameday thread. I love the hyperbole, the over-reactions, the doom-and-gloom, and the Koolaid drinking.

I've said this before, but for me it's just like getting drunk with a bunch of mates where you can say exactly what's on your mind in the moment and no one cares. Everyone thinks they know more than the coach, everyone would have made the play better than the players and all of the refs are ****s. Most of it is just bull**** and at the end of the day no one cares or takes it personally.

I'm glad that the mods appear to be more forgiving in here (and often join in with the bull****ting 😀). I hope it never changes.

As others have said: if you don't like it, don't click on the thread.

And that’s fine. If I have to read 50 posts from someone about how the team is garbage and the game is over and how we’re never gonna win every time something negative happens, the least they can do is endure my one post about not being a constant whiner. Seems like a fair trade off because it’s almost guaranteed most would rather have to suffer through mine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

There was a lot of annoying **** in the game day thread. 

"all we ever do is run gibson up the middle for 1 yard. It's dumb. It never works"

Next play- Gibson up the middle for 9 yards :ols:

"This game is so over. We suck"

Next play- stop them and get a 3 and out

There are some dudes in there that just **** and moan about every ****ing thing, every game and then shut up when we play well and win.

That is the nature of GameDay threads.  I tend to follow threads from both team's fans.  Some observations I have are:

- Both fan bases can be certain that their team is going to lose at the same time.

- Fans really hate the announcers when their own team is losing.  In most GameDay threads, there are multiple complaints about how biased the announcers against their team, but only when the other team is winning.

- You will almost never hear a fan note that the team they root for is getting away with more offensive holding than the other team is.  It is always the other team getting away with egregious, game changing, holds.

- Fans are much more likely to blame their teams' "play calling" as a reason their team lost; while they almost never say their team won because of the other team's poor play calling.

-For team's with a losing record, if their team gets a lead, you will hear a lot of talk about how the team should have won most of their previous games if it wasn't for fluke plays and bad calls by the refs.  Once they lose their lead, it is proof that the whole team and coaching staff need to be blown up.

Edited by Nerm
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Nerm said:

That is the nature of GameDay threads.  I tend to follow threads from both team's fans.  Some observations I have are:

- Both fan bases can be certain that their team is going to lose at the same time.

- Fans really hate the announcers when their own team is losing.  In most GameDay threads, there are multiple complaints about how biased the announcers against their team, but only when the other team is winning.

- You will almost never hear a fan note that the team they root for is getting away with more offensive holding than the other team is.  It is always the other team getting away with egregious, game changing, holds.

- Fans are much more likely to blame their teams' "play calling" as a reason their team lost; while they almost never say their team won because of the other team's poor play calling.

-For team's with a loosing record, if their team gets a lead, you will hear a lot of talk about how the team should have won most of their previous games if it wasn't for fluke plays and bad calls by the refs.  Once they lose their lead, it is proof that the whole team and coaching staff need to be blown up.

Don’t forget that things “only happen to us”

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

And that’s fine. If I have to read 50 posts from someone about how the team is garbage and the game is over and how we’re never gonna win every time something negative happens, the least they can do is endure my one post about not being a constant whiner. Seems like a fair trade off because it’s almost guaranteed most would rather have to suffer through mine.

Fair point, well made.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Raking people over the coals for day old posts? Pffft, that's pathetic.

A professional has standards. I go back to years old posts. Remember when you said that the Kirk Cousins was going to rise out of the Redskins patch and shower every fan of his new team with Super Bowl rings, veryoldschool? Well I do, AND I'M. STILL. WAITING.

Dude, @SoCalSkins still brings up stuff I said about Jason Campbell. That's goddamn dedication.   :ols:

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Remember when y’all wanted to sign Timmy Smith to that huge extension after the SB? Sheesh you guys are dumb.

I remember when trying to sign Derek Anderson was all the rage on here. That and some people wanting to give up 2 1st round picks for that numbskull Jay Cutler.  :ols: