Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT vs Seattle Seahawks: Monday Night PrimeTime Baby !!

skins island connection

Who wins the Monday Night Showdown ?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Will the streak continue or will it come to a halt ?

When: Monday night November 29th 

Where: FedEx Field

This coming Monday night the WFT welcomes in Russell Wilson and the 3-7 Seattle Seahawks for a prime time battle, AT HOME!  Get this: WFT is FAVORED !!  Didn't think you'd see the day when THAT would happen, huh!

The WFT/Redskins hold a 12-9 head-to-head record against Seattle, but oddly enough, the last 4 or 5 games have been won by the visiting team. Maybe its time to break that little habit.

This past Sunday the Seahawks were humbled by the Arizona Cardinals 23-13, by a back-up QB nonetheless. 

Wilson has been less than stellar the last 4 or 5 games, dealing with a broken finger and lackluster offensive players, going 14-26  206 yds, no TDs or Ints.

The Seahawk defense had been doing alot better than the offense, but that ended this past Sunday against Arizona, giving up 23 points and not getting a turnover for only the 2nd game this season.

Also this past Sunday, the hype around the league, especially in the Carolinas, is that Cam Newton was back!  Ehh, that was short lived, as usual it was made to be all about him, and the WFT, Taylor Heinicke and the defense noticed. 

Heinicke led the WFT to a 27-21 victory on the road, against his former team. I bet that felt goooooooood....

He went 16-22  206 yds and 3 TDs, and got a QBR of 151.9 for his efforts.

RB Gibson had a pretty good day, well, except for the fumble, going 19 - 95 yds and IMO a very underrated JD McKissic went 7-46 yds. 

The WFT defense did get pressure but didn't get a sack until Newton's 4th down attempt at the end, but it was a timely sack, ending the game for the Panthers.  Now, Cam did do some damage to the defense, but hey its a team sport, and when a team functions like they should usually good things happen.

And I gotta give a shout-out to Slye and the Family Stone, going 2 for 2 on FGs and perfect on XPTs.

So, this will be a big game for Taylor Heinicke and the WFT, Monday night, America watching, going up against the Seahawks.

Will TH continue his on-field magic?

Will Gibson fumble the ball away?

Will the 'pedestrian' Russell Wilson continue to struggle?

When the whistle blows and the feathers stop flying, 

YOU BET YOUR ASS!  The legend of fanTastic Taylor continues!

Final score:

WFT  27

Seasquawks 13

First correct score prediction wins a nice and new Riggins or Cooley fan jersey !

Good luck and let's get this thing!

Clearly Wilson's finger is not healed and he rushed to get back on the field, they couldn't even beat Arizona without Murray and DHop. That being said who knows what another week of healing will do for him. We've played Seattle close the last few games.  I think we have a great chance to get back to .500 here and vs LV the following week. I wanna see more what our backup DE's can do and more Dax Milne plz, also excited to see Thomas back on the field.

Redwolves 26

Kraken 17

Edited by Playaction2Sanders

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Thank you for finally adding a poll, and a public one, too 👍

Yea, i kinda blanked out about that but I thought I did start doing them last week.

This is an odd feeling, being on a winning streak { albeit 2 games } but this is the perfect format for Heinicke to really make a name for himself.

I hope the kid lights it up big time and shows up Wilson.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

I wanna see more what our backup DE's can do and more Dax Milne plz, also excited to see Thomas back on the field.

Redwolves 26

Kraken 17

Logan expected back or you just looking at the potential timeline for his return? Huge if he is ready to play!

Seahawks are a terribly run team and have no depth, thanks to bad drafts. Their season is over.

This is the worst defense we've played in a few weeks, so I think Heini will have no problem 

Seahawks are allowing 122 yards a game on the ground and we were able to run it on the Bucs, the best run defense.

Seahawks have the 3rd worst pass defense.

I think we'll stick with the plan to run it down their sorry throats and control the clock.

I also think after a conservative week against playing contain Cam, JDR isn't going to be able to help himself by going after a QB with a bad wing (bird joke).

Wash- 30

Sea- 19

Save for last year's playoff game, this is the most important game for the franchise in a long time.

It will define if we're going forward or remain stagnant for years to come, given that primetime has been brutal for us during the last decade.

No hyperbole. EVERYONE will be watching the game.

Stakes are incredibly high for Rivera and Co.

Edited by El Mexican
  • Like 1