Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you want the season to finish?

88Comrade2000

How do you want the season to finish?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want the season to finish?

• We go on run to get a wild card berth?
    • We win 3-4 games to finish 6-11, 7-10 taking us out of Top 5 pick
    • We go back to sucking and head towards a Top 5 pick

23 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I think you need to re read my post.  I said we accomplished that with a QB we drafted high that wasn’t even our preference.  I said who knows what we do if we had our guy with the team we were building.  Mike could have drafted R Wilson at QB for all we know at the top pick.  Top picks can turn a entire franchise around which was my point.  Reading comprehension is Important 

This was the first sentence of what I quoted and responded to:

We don’t know what could have happened if the injury doesn’t happen. 

Would you feel better if I jus quoted that?  We know what would've happened, he still would've been a bust and lost his job to Cousins. This is in the context of a conversation about high draft picks.

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

2nd overall picks can bust just like 15th overalls can. 

Win every game if they can. **** it. 

Asking for serious -- our current front office....... do they have any kind of record on finding QBs? 

Zero. I don’t give them any benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 6:00 AM, KDawg said:

I’d like the team to go on a run, get to the playoffs and win the Super Bowl.

What I’d hate is winning two to three more, not going anywhere and crushing draft position.

True, too many holes to fix with mid-round picks.

Unsure why anyone wouldn't want a playoff return.  I get the argument that this team is not good enough to contend and it needs a top pick, but Ill take feeling good on Sundays over this team messing up a high first round pick.  If up to me id say mortgage the future (which will likely suck anyway) and do whatever it takes to win.  Im tired of the decade long rebuilds and I want immediate gratification now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

This was the first sentence of what I quoted and responded to:

Would you feel better if I jus quoted that?  We know what would've happened, he still would've been a bust and lost his job to Cousins. This is in the context of a conversation about high draft picks.

The guy was arguing high picks don’t matter.  That’s garbage.  The right high pick can fast forward a team’s rebuild.  Look at numerous teams that turned themselves around fast with the right top pick. Hell Colts went from trash to a super bowl contender a few years under Luck until the injuries. Having a top pick doesn’t guarantee a super star but it sure as hell helps.  

If there was a high end group of QBs in this draft, I'd root for tanking for a top 5 pick but, given this year's crop, I am rooting for a wild card. Corral goes top 5 and then some team in love with Willis's tools will take him after. I think Howell will be there at #8 or #9 and this team can trade up to snag him

7 hours ago, sjinhan said:

Next 3 games are winnable… if we get to 6-6 then things get really interesting.

especially if you consider that only way we will next 3 games is that both defense and offense are starting to gel finally!  

You never know!

They looked pretty gelled to me in the Tampa game. 

Keep playing like they did against Tampa and they could even win the division. 

8 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

The guy was arguing high picks don’t matter.  That’s garbage.  The right high pick can fast forward a team’s rebuild.  Look at numerous teams that turned themselves around fast with the right top pick. Hell Colts went from trash to a super bowl contender a few years under Luck until the injuries. Having a top pick doesn’t guarantee a super star but it sure as hell helps.  

I don’t think any data would show that it does per capita.  If it does why are the same teams always picking high?  More often than not your first rounder turns out being a solid player, but not a game-changing catalyst for a Super Bowl ring.  I believe people put way too much stock in having high picks as a core part of a rebuild.  I believe culture and overall team talent matters far more than a messiah first rounder.  There is evidence to back up this claim.  Like the Patriots dynasty for example.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sjinhan said:

Next 3 games are winnable… if we get to 6-6 then things get really interesting.

especially if you consider that only way we will next 3 games is that both defense and offense are starting to gel finally!  

You never know!

That was my preseason prediction. Get to 6-6 by week 13, then it's 5 straight East games.

On 11/17/2021 at 11:08 PM, Painkiller said:

I don’t think any data would show that it does per capita.  If it does why are the same teams always picking high?  More often than not your first rounder turns out being a solid player, but not a game-changing catalyst for a Super Bowl ring.  I believe people put way too much stock in having high picks as a core part of a rebuild.  I believe culture and overall team talent matters far more than a messiah first rounder.  There is evidence to back up this claim.  Like the Patriots dynasty for example.  

Look at the teams making the picks.  You do have to be slightly competent.  Will that pick overcoming everything wrong with a franchise? No. But the right player like a QB could change a 3-12 team into a 8-8 team depending what you put around them.  The teams drafting high don’t give those picks any of the support needed.  

3 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Look at the teams making the picks.  You do have to be slightly competent.  Will that pick overcoming everything wrong with a franchise? No. But the right player like a QB could change a 3-12 team into a 8-8 team depending what you put around them.  The teams drafting high don’t give those picks any of the support needed.  

...so it's not as much how high you pick in the first round, it's very much the talent and judgement of those making the picks.  More often than not the reason a team is picking that high in the draft is because they are not even slightly competent...over several years.  

We don't need to draft a QB high in the first round to get a franchise QB.  The supporting cast must also be solid for this single player to succeed to their potential.  You are kind of making my point in that the position in the draft the team picks, does not make much difference, because the supporting cast (who are taken at all other levels of the draft) must also be top shelf for that person to succeed.

When was the last time the sports media was completely blown away by an unexpected pick in the top 5?  They top 5 expected are typically in the top 1-10 picks made.  If everybody expects the player to be a world beater, but then they aren't...does that always have to do with the ****ty team that drafted them?  Or is it a total crap shoot on who pans out and doesn't? 

I say it's a crap shoot.  I say more often than not the high pick doesn't live up to expectations.  I'm not saying it never works out, there are a few examples that can be shown where it did...but most of the time it doesn't and the odds are stacked against the player for being a catalyst for multiple Super Bowl wins. (The whole point)  The Patriots won 6 super bowls over 17 years and went to 9 without a single top 5 pick that turned out to be a world beater.    

I know it's been said ad nauseum for years, but Tom Brady was picked in the 6th round and he is without question the best game manager QB of all time.  Not the best passer (but pretty good).  Not the best athlete (but pretty good).  Far and away the best game manager and tactician.  The proof is in the pudding. 

49 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

...so it's not as much how high you pick in the first round, it's very much the talent and judgement of those making the picks.  More often than not the reason a team is picking that high in the draft is because they are not even slightly competent...over several years.  

We don't need to draft a QB high in the first round to get a franchise QB.  The supporting cast must also be solid for this single player to succeed to their potential.  You are kind of making my point in that the position in the draft the team picks, does not make much difference, because the supporting cast (who are taken at all other levels of the draft) must also be top shelf for that person to succeed.

When was the last time the sports media was completely blown away by an unexpected pick in the top 5?  They top 5 expected are typically in the top 1-10 picks made.  If everybody expects the player to be a world beater, but then they aren't...does that always have to do with the ****ty team that drafted them?  Or is it a total crap shoot on who pans out and doesn't? 

I say it's a crap shoot.  I say more often than not the high pick doesn't live up to expectations.  I'm not saying it never works out, there are a few examples that can be shown where it did...but most of the time it doesn't and the odds are stacked against the player for being a catalyst for multiple Super Bowl wins. (The whole point)  The Patriots won 6 super bowls over 17 years and went to 9 without a single top 5 pick that turned out to be a world beater.    

I know it's been said ad nauseum for years, but Tom Brady was picked in the 6th round and he is without question the best game manager QB of all time.  Not the best passer (but pretty good).  Not the best athlete (but pretty good).  Far and away the best game manager and tactician.  The proof is in the pudding. 

Brady is Brady.  There will never be another Brady.  Patriots took a chance and threw him behind an awesome veteran Bledsoe to mentor him.  

Having a top pick doesn’t guarantee a successful pick but you control your destiny going after the best available. You don’t mortgage your future.  Obviously your top pick needs help but look at what Luck did before his injuries.  That Colts team was a disaster.  Few years later they were a legit playoff team. Yes every once in awhile a team really hits hit it in a later round like Wilson.   Our drafting has been questionable at best as far as thinking we’re gonna find a gem in the later rounds. Nice you have that confidence.  I think many of us don’t. 

On 11/19/2021 at 1:44 PM, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Our drafting has been questionable at best as far as thinking we’re gonna find a gem in the later rounds. Nice you have that confidence.  I think many of us don’t. 

My confidence only stems from my believe that draft order has no bearing at all on Lombardi trophies eventually obtained or not.  You can get “the guys” that take you to the promised land anywhere in the draft.  

and we just now officially gained a game towards first place Dallas, FWIW.

3 games behind them, which could turn into 1 game behind them, by sweeping them.

We hold Tie-breakers over Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa, and halfway towards a Tiebreaker over the NYG.

3-1 against the NFC South. Only New Orleans beat us from that division.

And so far, undefeated in the NFCE.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

and we just now officially gained a game towards first place Dallas, FWIW.

3 games behind them, which could turn into 1 game behind them, by sweeping them.

We hold Tie-breakers over Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa, and halfway towards a Tiebreaker over the NYG.

3-1 against the NFC West. Only New Orleans beat us from that division.

And so far, undefeated in the NFCE.

3-1 against the nfc south...didn't you do this in another thread?.

🤭

On 11/17/2021 at 9:41 AM, Koolblue13 said:

With a real name for our team and no criminal investigation 

God no **** right?!!?!!...just get me through all the legal bs so I know there is nothing hanging over the teams head....worry about wins later.