Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you want the season to finish?

88Comrade2000

57 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want the season to finish?

• We go on run to get a wild card berth?
    • We win 3-4 games to finish 6-11, 7-10 taking us out of Top 5 pick
    • We go back to sucking and head towards a Top 5 pick

1.  We go on a run to make the playoffs as a wild card.

2.  We are able to win at least 3 or 4 games, to finish 3-5 or 4-4 and end up with a 6-11 or 7-10 record. Taking us out of a Top 5 pick.

3.  Yesterday was just a one off and we go back to sucking and finish with a Top 5 draft pick.

Edited by Rdskns2000

If yesterday was real and not just a one time performance; then I want us to go on a run for wild card berth.  Yeah, it probably means a quick exit; as the 7th wild card would play the 2nd place team.  After this miserable season, it would be nice to see us do something never done under Snyder. Back to Back playoff appearances.

If that is to happen; Carolina is a must win.

Reality says, the most likely finish for the Team is option 2.  We go 3-5 or 4-4 down the stretch; to finish 6-11 or 7-10.

Edited by Rdskns2000

Run with wild card birth

because I don’t believe picking in the top 3 or the bottom 3 of the first round makes one ounce of difference to the end result.  No team is one player away.  No one player is worth that much.  This is a team game and the best team wins it all.    

Edited by Painkiller
  • Like 1

Just now, Painkiller said:

because I don’t believe picking in the top 3 or the bottom 3 of the first round makes one ounce of difference to the end result.  No team is one player away.  No one player is worth that much.  This is a team game and the best team wins it all.    

Not necessarily.  We have seen many times; the best team in the regular season doesn't win it all. What happens is a team gets hot at the right time and goes on roll all the way to the championship.  Tampa winning last year is a perfect example. They were 7-5 at one point but then went on a roll to the title.  The 2011 Giants, I think were only 9-7 when they one a title. 

• Like 1

I root for the team to Win. Every. Week.  It's a fool's game to hope you lose games so you have a slot or two higher in the yearly crapshoot that's the NFL Draft.  Tanking is for losers.  Do your best all the time.  Deal with the offseason in the offseason.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Not necessarily.  We have seen many times; the best team in the regular season doesn't win it all.

We are pretty much on the same page, but for me the best team for the year is the team that wins the Super Bowl.  On paper best means nothing to me.  “Loaded with talent” but fell short means nothing.  The record you had going into the playoffs means nothing.  The Super Bowl is everything and if you win it you won when it counted the most.  You were the best when it counted the most.   If you don’t win the big one you are simply another also ran.  The 2007 Patriots were not the best team that year, it was the Giants. (**** Mara) 

Make a run. 

The team is too lacking in consistency to expect much from them, and I've become kind of numb to losing, but it's always more fun to see them play well and get as many wins as they can. Winning the division with a poor record last season felt a bit hollow, but when the wildcard game against Tampa rolled around, I didn't care what the record was. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Make a run. 

The team is too lacking in consistency to expect much from them, and I've become kind of numb to losing, but it's always more fun to see them play well and get as many wins as they can. Winning the division with a poor record last season felt a bit hollow, but when the wildcard game against Tampa rolled around, I didn't care what the record was. 

This is pretty much where I am. While, as the OP mentioned, it will be the first time of back-to-back playoffs since the end of Gibbs 1, it will also feel a bit hollow if its again done with a losing record. But it wasn't the WFT's fault that the division was so mediocre last year or that the conference is so mediocre this season that there's a good likelihood that the 7th seed will have a losing record. I just hope that the team could build on it and have a legit solid record next year that is deserving of the playoffs. While I disagree with Painkiller that the 2007 Giants were better than the 2007 Pats, at least the 2008 Giants followed on that success with a monster season before falling short in the playoffs. The 2000 Giants, who lost the SB to the Ravens, were more of a pretender team in my eyes, sandwiching a 12-4 season in between two 7-9 seasons.

8 hours ago, Dan T. said:

I root for the team to Win. Every. Week.  It's a fool's game to hope you lose games so you have a slot or two higher in the yearly crapshoot that's the NFL Draft.  Tanking is for losers.  Do your best all the time.  Deal with the offseason in the offseason.

I have never agreed with another post more than this one.

It's like saying "let's not win football games this season, so we can win football games next season".

8 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Ill go with

4.  I absolutely do not care

You're not fooling anyone, you know.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Couldn't agree more...I say this every year and always get laughed out of town...