Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you want the season to finish?

88Comrade2000

How do you want the season to finish?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want the season to finish?

• We go on run to get a wild card berth?
    • We win 3-4 games to finish 6-11, 7-10 taking us out of Top 5 pick
    • We go back to sucking and head towards a Top 5 pick

I want it to end with Goodell handing the Lombardi trophy to Tanya Snyder who then hands it to Coach Rivera and gives him a big kiss right on the smacker while TH gets carried into the locker room after throwing the game winning TD to Milne over the Patriots in OT. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

We are perpetually focused on next season.  In the words of Apollo Creed from Rocky 3…

”THERE IS NO TOMORROW!!”

I would rather them win 4 more games and finish 7-10 and draft 16th (**** the draft) than watch them lose 8 more.  You know why?  I like to see them win.  I enjoy wins.  Even if that means the next faux savior for the team can’t be picked.

**** the draft.  They gave me a taste of what they can do on Sunday and I want more.  

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 2

I want to go into every game hoping to win. I may not think it likely or probable but it's still what I want. I may not be here tomorrow or next year so what do I care if they're good then? But if this is my last game let me go out with a victory.

Or at least allow me to raise my head at work for a week. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Painkiller said:

We are perpetually focused on next season.  In the words of Apollo Creed from Rocky 3…

”THERE IS NO TOMORROW!!”

I would rather them win 4 more games and finish 7-10 and draft 16th (**** the draft) than watch them lose 8 more.  You know why?  I like to see them win.  I enjoy wins.  Even if that means the next faux savior for the team can’t be picked.

**** the draft.  They gave me a taste of what they can do on Sunday and I want more.  

Well said brother, we need more like you on this site.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 hours ago, KDawg said:

I’d like the team to go on a run, get to the playoffs and win the Super Bowl.

What I’d hate is winning two to three more, not going anywhere and crushing draft position.

We've had so many top five draft picks that haven't led anywhere that I don't believe in playing for draft picks. Besides, arguably our best draft pick lasted til the third round.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Indianapolis drafting Peyton would disagree here :)

There are exceptions to every rule but there are far more Johnny Football types than Peyton Manning types.  The list of failed first round QB picks is long and distinguished.  The fact is they don’t really know who is going to emerge and be the man until they do it in the real world.  More often than not it’s not the guy the experts expect.

• Thumb up 1

I’ve come to realize lately that we are far too focused on what is to come down the road rather than right here and right now.  

From here on, I’ve decided I’m going to try to watch every game that I can as if it could be the last one I ever get to watch…because it might be.  I want the players to play like it could be the last game they ever get to play…because it might be.  

Nothing in life is guaranteed.  There is no tomorrow.  

• Like 2

I’d like to see this team continue on a win streak and get a wildcard spot, realistically I think finishing above .500 is attainable and with continued progress, drafting well (we can move up and get the QB without “tanking” this team has done nothing but lose and it becomes expected,we have some really talented players I’d rather not see waste their careers in that fashion) and maybe the 2022 season is where it begins to turn around for us.

6 hours ago, Burgold said:

We've had so many top five draft picks that haven't led anywhere that I don't believe in playing for draft picks. Besides, arguably our best draft pick lasted til the third round.

I don’t agree with this theory that a top 5 pick doesn’t matter. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I don’t agree with this theory that a top 5 pick doesn’t matter. 

Maybe not, but how many top five draft teams seem to stay top five draft teams forever? Did Lavar Arrington, RGIII,  Chris Samuels, or Champ Bailey make us perrenial playoff contenders?

Sure, having better talent or a surer thing is nice, but it isn't worth tanking for.

Just now, Burgold said:

Maybe not, but how many top five draft teams seem to stay top five draft teams forever? Did Lavar Arrington, RGIII,  Chris Samuels, or Champ Bailey make us perrenial playoff contenders?

Sure, having better talent or a surer thing is nice, but it isn't worth tanking for.

It’s not about forever. It’s about what that player gives you. Which is stability and an attraction for free agents and a reputation swing. If we weren’t QB needy I’d feel at least somewhat like you. But for a QB needy team you want a high pick.

I’m not saying tank, for the record. I want to win. What I do NOT want is to win 3 meaningless games and tank out opportunity at a QB.

And yes, before someone brings up the inevitable every time someone says you want a high pick for a QB: You can get a great player later. Odds just aren’t great. And our front offices don’t have a track record of finding gems at the QB spot. 

20 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Griffin is healthy and still sucks, he was a bust, let it go.

I think you need to re read my post.  I said we accomplished that with a QB we drafted high that wasn’t even our preference.  I said who knows what we do if we had our guy with the team we were building.  Mike could have drafted R Wilson at QB for all we know at the top pick.  Top picks can turn a entire franchise around which was my point.  Reading comprehension is Important 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 1

2nd overall picks can bust just like 15th overalls can. 

Win every game if they can. **** it. 

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

And our front offices don’t have a track record of finding gems at the QB spot. 

Asking for serious -- our current front office....... do they have any kind of record on finding QBs?