Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dream Coach

RVAskins

Half of Rivera's press conference questions are off the field related.  I'm sticking by him, and specific to this thread any new coach must be able to handle that as well and not make it worse with inexperienced, stupid comments that would add full to the fire.  Insulating the team from the nonsense upstairs has to be tough.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, mistertim said:

"Washington Necromancers" has a ring to it...

50 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Color scheme sadly wouldn't fit then.

How 'bout the Washington Voodoo?  ...I mean a deep burgundy is not too far away from a dark warm violet.

I'm stickin' with Ron.  Yea this season he's under-performing.  Last season he way over-performed.  Staying with the process right now.  

13 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think its good to have a respected veteran coach to navigate all the garbage and sewage this franchise has been drowning in recently. 

This can't be said enough.

Some fans tend to forget that being a head coach here is about a lot more than football games.  It shouldn't be that way, but it is - and it's always been that way since Dan owned the team.

There is no dream coach for me.   I'd prefer a GM to be the decision maker on the 'dream coach:

Eric DeCosta - GM (after Dan writing him a blank check to leave Baltimore and signing an agreement that Dan isn't allowed in Ashburn anymore)

Whoever he opts to hire as head coach is my dream coach.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

For 20 years "I want a real GM"

*gets 2 GMs*

"You suck"

I get it - but generally speaking, you want the GM first and to let him select the head coach vs. the other way around.  I get that we aren't allowed to have that because of Dan, but that's the way it's supposed to be.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

How can you not answer Belicheck to this question. He would laugh at the Dan and probably take over his office. 

I'd take Belichick if he managed to bring Tom Brady along with him. IMO without Brady, Bill B would never have been considered an amazing coach. He was a pretty decent coach who lucked into the greatest QB to ever play the game. He went on a crazy post-Brady-crisis spending spree this offseason after Brady won another SB and his team is still utterly mediocre now.

Ive always liked everything about Mike Tomlin.  As far as a coach goes he would be my man crush.

Bill... obviously would be a dream.

To a lesser extent Kellen Moore. He is like a God around here (Boise) and while im not a big BSU fan (even though my son is the starting center on the BSU hockey team lol)  Kellen Moore is a winner.  He will be successful.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I would have a shortlist of Sean McVay, Mike Tomlin, and Andy Reid, and go after them in that order, but would be happy with any one of them.

Coach           Regular Season                  Post Season            

1. McVay       50 -  22 - 0 - .694            3  -   3 - 0 - .500
  2. Tomlin    149 - 181 - 1 - .647           8  -   8 - 0 - .500
  3. Reid        225 - 134 - 1 - .626         17 - 15 - 0 - .531

Rivera       85 -   77 - 1 - .525           3 -    5 - 0 - .375

9 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

How can you not answer Belicheck to this question. He would laugh at the Dan and probably take over his office. 

I'm not a  fan of Belichick at all. He would not even be in the conversation of great coaches if it were not for Brady.

Record
Bill Belichick with Tom Brady (regular season) 219-64 (.774)
Bill Belichick without Tom Brady (regular season) 63-75 (.457)

On 11/3/2021 at 8:30 PM, skins island connection said:

Thats simple; Sean McVay.

He's young, creative, recognizes talent, and naturally we let him walk. 

for once i'd like to see a HC who doesn't hire family members on just because they refuse to work at McDonalds, and that goes for his assistants as well.

He was in the building here along with Matt Lafluer and both couldn't wait to get the **** out.  Great young minds build their resumes here and make a name for themselves somewhere else.  The thing is Rivera is probably the right guy for this team.  Patience is the key.

On 11/3/2021 at 8:30 PM, skins island connection said:

Thats simple; Sean McVay.

He's young, creative, recognizes talent, and naturally we let him walk. 

for once i'd like to see a HC who doesn't hire family members on just because they refuse to work at McDonalds, and that goes for his assistants as well.

Obviously we are not getting McVay. But I am with you on the young up and coming coach thing. We need a young hungry guy to do his thing here. I am not ready to cut ties with Ron yet. He deserves the job through at least next season. But I do hope Dan goes the young route with his next hire. he really needs to find his Gibbs.