Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I am just gonna be honest. I cannot wait until Maye gets picked at 2 and a quarter of the site leaves because the bean pole crew goes back into hiding. 

Will you leave if maye isn't the pick?!? 🤣🤣🤣

Just asking...for a friend...twice removed.

HTTR!

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Will you leave if maye isn't the pick?!? 🤣🤣🤣

Just asking...for a friend...twice removed.

HTTR!

I'm guessing he's talking about the newer LSU fans. Sort of like how after we drafted Colt Brenna (RIP) a group of Hawaii fans joined up and then suddenly disappeared when he was cut.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Seahawks are unlikely to draft Daniels if this move is anything to go by (which it is):

I doubt they were going to be able to trade up for Daniels or Maye, but this move means nothing. They needed cap room and were going to pay Smith that bonus regardless. 

Just now, mistertim said:

I'm guessing he's talking about the newer LSU fans. Sort of like how after we drafted Colt Brenna (RIP) a group of Hawaii fans joined up and then suddenly disappeared when he was cut.

No. Pretty much if we take Daniels over Maye I will be done. It will tell me nothing has changed. Even the Daniels Burrow comparisons scare me. No one even mentions that Burrow CANNOT stay healthy. Dude is a walking medical report. 

QB School is finally starting to do breakdowns of this draft class (on his Patreon which you do have to pay for). He took it off You Tube because the SEC was giving him ish for it. He did Maye against Duke and Clemson. Daniels against Texas A&M and Florida. 

Also he disclosed that he knows Daniels. He goes back to the Elite 11 to train and counsel kids and so does Jayden Daniels (and Michael Penix). He said he's been impressed with them both, they way they know ball and specifics of the X's and O's, the way they interacted with the kids, showed them proper mechanics, etc. He disclosed it because he's starting to review draft QB film and said he wanted people to know he does have a relationship with those two. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am just gonna be honest. I cannot wait until Maye gets picked at 2 and a quarter of the site leaves because the bean pole crew goes back into hiding. 

Wait.... why will all the Forbes fans leave? 😉

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

QB School is finally starting to do breakdowns of this draft class (on his Patreon which you di have to pay for). He did Maye against Duke and Clemson. Daniels against Texas A&M and Florida. 

Also he disclosed that he knows Daniels. He goes back to the Elite 11 to train and counsel kids and so does Jayden Daniels (and Michael Penix). He said he's been impressed with them both, they way they know ball and specifics of the X's and O's, the way they interacted with the kids, showed them proper mechanics, etc. He disclosed it because he's starting to review draft QB film and said he wanted people to know he does have a relationship with those two. 

Hopefully someone on here has access and can share some info on both breakdowns. I’ve always enjoyed the QB schools videos and think he does a great job explaining everything.

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Ahhh the old Cult of Colt thread. That nonsense made this thread look sane.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

Does he ever post them to youtube or anything after a while or is QB School always locked behind Patreon?

He used to. He's really good but apparently they started cracking down on his college football videos and claiming copyright. He now only does the NFL on You Tube.

Here's his You Tube channel. He's really good though, and still post really informational stuff on YT about QB play:

https://youtube.com/@TheQBSchool?si=wyZqwpZVr0sYsJGP

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Does he ever post them to youtube or anything after a while or is QB School always locked behind Patreon?

I know he has videos of QBs pre draft, but I’m honestly not sure if they are the same as patreon. Usually he mentions before videos that there’s more content on there

Nevermind, @ThatNFLChick explained it. Sad that they cracked down on it. 

Edited by mh86

NFL Rumors: Insider forecasts potentially shocking fate for Drake Maye There is a chance that Drake Maye is not the second quarterback taken in the 2024 NFL Draft.   By John Buhler | Feb 6, 2024

"Zierlein had Maye fall to No. 5 where my hometown Atlanta Falcons traded up from No. 8 to get him. Williams goes No. 1 to the Chicago Bears in Zierlein's latest NFL mock draft, while Daniels goes to the Washington Commanders picking at No. 2. The other big faller in his latest mock draft is former Georgia tight end Brock Bowers, who fell outside of the top 10 to the Indianapolis Colts at No. 15. Bowers' and Maye's falls are shocking, but I am starting to understand why people are fading Maye."

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

No. Pretty much if we take Daniels over Maye I will be done. It will tell me nothing has changed. Even the Daniels Burrow comparisons scare me. No one even mentions that Burrow CANNOT stay healthy. Dude is a walking medical report. 

What about if we trade back or take marv jr? 

as someone who isn’t at all sold on maye or Daniels, this is where I lean.

Posting a few things to keep all of us rooting for Maye at #2 ... up at night.  Sorry about the formatting/fonts.  I'm old.  -ish.

NFL Draft Rumors: Drake Maye vs. Jayden Daniels is becoming a hotly contested debate NFL Draft Rumors: Drake Maye vs. Jayden Daniels is becoming a hotly contested debate   By John Buhler | Feb 14, 2024

"Up until last week, I had been toying with the idea of moving Daniels up to QB2 and Maye down to QB3. It was on this episode of False Start where I decided to make my move and be done with it. While Maye has better size and measurables over Daniels, the former Tar Heels star's play last season left a lot to be desired, especially down the stretch."

Why Drake Maye Is A Bust If Taken High In 1st Round Of 2024 NFL Draft

"Why Drake Maye Is A Bust If Taken High In 1st Round Of 2024 NFL Draft . Drake Maye film breakdown results. University of North Carolina QB Drake Maye is a favorite to be the second quarterback taken in the 2024 NFL Draft. There are some who believe he’s even better than USC’s Caleb Williams. But here’s why this NFL Draft veteran believes Drake Maye has all of the makings of a bust if taken high in the 2024 NFL Draft first round. The simple reason is the Air Raid Offense he played in doesn’t call for throws into tight coverage on time. And because it favors the big play, observers can be easily fooled into thinking that means a QB like Maye can be an efficient passer all by himself. The bad Drake Maye was most evident in the loss to North Carolina State last year 2023. Maye had four turnovers in that game: two fumbles and two interceptions. And twice he wasn’t even ready for the snap because of the noisy crowd. His pass form was elongated. His footwork was off. And he wasn’t helped by a bad game plan. Lower first round or second round? Sure. Top five pick? Bad idea."

Edited by Dah-Dee

4 minutes ago, CTskin said:

What about if we trade back or take marv jr? 

as someone who isn’t at all sold on maye or Daniels, this is where I lean.

It’s a possibility, but man what a waste it could be. I get no QB is a sure thing, but pushing it to a later round or another year is an even bigger crapshoot. I would love to have MHjr on this team. However, he’s not going to have as big of an impact as a quarterback.

Simple for me. No to Daniels. My call is with the camp that thinks he's not going to be durable in this league. I know his supporters arguments, and I acknowledge his strengths, but I am dead set against him because of his physical build. Period. Happy to be wrong and wish success for him but with it looking fairly certain that Maye available at #2, I hope it's  another team that will give Daniels his chance.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Folks no College offense consistently calls for throws into tight coverage. The question about timing is interesting - that’s one of my concerns about Williams more than Maye.

You look for examples of those kinds of throws to help you validate the traits you see and how that will translate to the NFL.

• Like 2