Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

45 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

My third saddest day as a Redskin fan, just behind Theisman's injury and the final game of the year in '79 (I think) when Roger Staubach had his last two minute come from behind win to beat us and keep us out of the playoffs-- real heartbreaker.

Riggo ripped off a 60+ yard run to put us up by two TD's and we blew it. I almost cried. Little did we know what was coming next.....the hiring of Joseph Jackson Gibbs and a dynasty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

I'd feel a lot better if it was that simple. I just disagree w/you, at least w/regards to some of them. They aren't just simply hating on a prospect, and cheering on their guy. I don't think people look at drafts and prospects the same way they did 15, 25 years ago, we're more familiar these days with hit rate, busts, and analytics in a way nobody was, when they were just buying draft guides decades ago. 

Sure, fans have more information at their fingertips than ever before.  There are more tools to scout with, and more metrics to track the success and failure of GMs/scouts.

But those GMs/acouts still have more information about these players than any fan could ever dream of.  And even the best of them have a lot of misses, even with all that information at their disposal.

We’re literally watching fans switch up on the best GM candidate we could have landed, 3 months into his tenure, because of noise during lying season that says he’s going to select the QB they don’t want.  For all sorts of ridiculous reasons.  It’s wild.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

Brand new short video with some interesting details on tomorrow's mass interviews below.

The Top Golf outing was from 5pm to 8pm everybody made it except for Penix whose flight came in late.

Tomorrow they're going to have separate stations set up with different coaches, management, scouts and other reps, even Josh Harris is going to be interviewing prospects.

Players will go from station to station with 20 minute interviews at each station. Kind of like a lightning round robin.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

No wonder Daniels wants to go to Vegas.

His mother  reportedly has a huge slot machine addiction. She wants to live there, but it's probably the worst place for her to be.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

That pic of Daniels shows him so skinny. 

Yeah, that 2019 pic of 175-pound freshman Daniels certainly seals the deal for folks like me who are already leaning Maye. Yessirreee. Let's completely write off his 2023 season but hey look at how skinny he was 5 years ago!

I'm just surprised at this point every similar post isn't that pic of 155-pound high schooler Daniels, or a screen shot of the vid showing 14-year-old Daniels. How long before one of the most ardent Daniels haters digs up a birthday pic of 60-pound 8-year-old Daniels as an argument against drafting him?

Its Pathetic GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Yeah, that 2019 pic of 175-pound freshman Daniels certainly seals the deal for folks like me who are already leaning Maye. Yessirreee. Let's completely write off his 2023 season but hey look at how skinny he was 5 years ago!

You can't really deny that he's not much thicker than a Pringle.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

I'm just surprised at this point every similar post isn't that pic of 155-pound high schooler Daniels, or a screen shot of the vid showing 14-year-old Daniels. How long before one of the most ardent Daniels haters digs up a birthday pic of 60-pound 8-year-old Daniels as an argument against drafting him?

Its Pathetic GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

hes skinny

45 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Anyone know who the non-QBs are there?

I think I saw that TE Ja'Tavion Sanders and CB Elijah Jones were there, not sure who else.

Edit: Also:

TE Erick All

DE Austin Booker

DE Chop Robinson

DE Jalyx Hunt

LB Tyrice Knight

WR Brenden Rice (?)

DE Javontae Jean-Baptiste

TE Jared Wiley

OT Roger Rosengarten.

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Thanks 3

I like that we're doing some outside the box thinking. My guess is in terms of Xs and Os/football stuff the staff kinda know who they want, but its close enough that personality fit is going to be the difference.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I like that we're doing some outside the box thinking. My guess is in terms of Xs and Os/football stuff the staff kinda know who they want, but its close enough that personality fit is going to be the difference.

Weren’t you the guy saying they messed this up because they took too long to set up the visits?

Chuckle.  Relax and enjoy the ride.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I don't know why so many in the media think the Top Golf hangout is so strange 🤷

It's never a bad thing to build relationships and treat people well... I understand that was a foreign concept around here for 25 years, but it actually works

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Weren’t you the guy saying they messed this up because they took too long to set up the visits?

Chuckle.  Relax and enjoy the ride.  

I do think there was SOME decision paralysis suffered. No other team brings in this many QB prospects and this many prospects late in general. But they're trying something new and creative. I'll ALWAYS give creativity, innovation, and outside the box thinking a chance. 

3 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

I don't know why so many in the media think the Top Golf hangout is so strange 🤷

It's never a bad thing to build relationships and treat people well... I understand that was a foreign concept around here for 25 years, but it actually works

Top Golf is...fine. Its not amazing, but its a fun hang to just drink and smash balls. Weather was perfect today too. 

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Top Golf is...fine. Its not amazing, but its a fun hang to just drink and smash balls. Weather was perfect today too. 

You're right - it's not super fancy or exclusive... but it seems to be the right type of activity that gives the guys just enough to do so that hanging out with people you don't know isn't super awkward.

So along that vein, seems like a decent idea

8 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The 3 qbs will fight to the death. We will pick either Daniels or the fight winner. We take out 2 qbs, preventing other teams from filing the qb.

Coach... when you said, The Hunger Games... I thought we were going to the movies!

Edited by DiscoBob

14 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

In 5 years one or two of these guys is gonna remember this **** and it may give us a change to sign them. 

Or not. Doesn’t hurt though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

But they're trying something new and creative. I'll ALWAYS give creativity, innovation, and outside the box thinking a chance.

It's DC. They're probably hiring these guys as spies. They can't sign them all!

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The 3 qbs will fight to the death. We will pick either Daniels or the fight winner. We take out 2 qbs, preventing other teams from filing the qb.

I’m wondering if we get a Nancy Kerrigan situation, except with a golf club.

image.gif.334e83c79f7d18061b030916064e76f4.gif

• Haha 1

I got no issue w/ group meetings, or outings.

I don't like doing this on the last day however. Still feels unfair to some prospects who may have been able to lock in a more realistic landing spot w/ a final impression somewhere else.

The 20 min round robin is also strange when considering QBs. I'd prefer to have long format sit-downs in front of film when I get to bring them into the facility.

Don't dig the vibe, but whatever. You gotta think they have learned 99% of whatever there is to learn at this point, so maybe now is the time to throw a curveball.

Do college coaches take guys to putt putt? Sounds fun

only thing i can think of is they wanted to get some drinks in them to see them competitive and unabated

Edited by dunfer