Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

On top of being rough on us, backlogging all these visits is unfair to the prospects.

We can only take 1 guy and everyone is going to say yes to our invite given our draft spot.

But some of these dudes could have spent the last day locking themselves in w/ another team. Instead they are all butting heads here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I don't like having all these guys visit at the same time like that. Man I really hope we aren't getting bitten by decision paralysis again. This is like the coaching hire part 2 where we tried to interview a bunch of people all at around the same time and got hosed.

33 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

I'm so confused.

34 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Don't tell PFF:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-mock-draft-commanders-jj-mccarthy-vikings-two-qbs

Two-Round 2024 NFL Mock Draft: Commanders select J.J. McCarthy, Vikings secure two QBs

10 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

ASSUMING THIS LAST POST IS CORRECT:

Holy **** boys!

I'm writing this down in pen.

Daniels is their guy barring a complete and utter collapse tomorrow.

No way you give him a whole day and everybody else gets shoehorned into a single day.

No way.

I don't buy it. They've essentially made up their minds. Everything else is just a stone you hurl at the sea.

Schefter is right again. Damn he is a boss! How does he always know????

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Willing to bet once these visits shake out, it's not going to be anything like what's being said now. 

Yeah, high probability some bs going on.

If true, this is unfair to the other candidates 

That's ****ing embarrassing.

If I was an agent I wouldn't let my guy be humiliated like that.

No, something's amiss.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Willing to be once these visits shake out, it's not going to be anything like what's being said now. 

It would be unprofessional if it actually happened that way. I don’t think this group would do it (I hope) 

Edited by Llevron
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bh32 said:

i thought it was Daniels today,Maye tuesday and mcCarthy wednesday.

Yeah, that's where we all stood up until the report that Penix is getting a two day visit at the same time Maye was scheduled to be here.

I was expecting smoke screens and half truths, but this is a next level psyops agit prop campaign.

Feel like I'm in Soviet era USSR-- don't know what to believe.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing airplane glue."

• Haha 1

Just now, Llevron said:

I would be unprofessional if it actually happened that way. I don’t think this group would do it (I hope) 

Yes, this group is professional - they could have easily planned this better.  I don't see GMAP not getting this right.

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing airplane glue."

The sh** literally has hit the fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Yeah, high probability some bs going on.

If true, this is unfair to the other candidates 

That's ****ing embarrassing.

If I was an agent I wouldn't let my guy be humiliated like that.

No, something's amiss.

I don’t think there’s anything to it.  I doubt it’s really stacked up like it’s being reported. 

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, ST_DaGoat21 said:

I think this is the guy reporting it.  I’ve tried watching some of his videos but he is kind of a tool.  

That's the same joker that completely altered the crazy "Eric Bickle's son story"-- he said that Peters met with Daniels in 2023 and told him not to declare for the draft which would have been a major violation of league rules.

Zero credibility in my book.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t think there’s anything to it.  I doubt it’s really stacked up like it’s being reported. 

Of course not, but how else is the thread gonna grow by 2-3 pages

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

@The Consigliere I don't know man. It is awfully hard to argue in good faith that way. I don't honestly know if I feel like putting forth the effort to convince you otherwise if your starting place is 'nothing Maye does wrong is a big deal to me' and at the same time hold the position that 'All of Daniels flaws are huge and uncorrectable'.  I mean what's the point of even communicating at that point. 

I don't know what's so hard about it. He starts his post saying he likes Maye. I think what's not "in good faith" is you dime-ing him out as being biased when you already know the source is Maye leaning. More stunningly, you seem to think that you can convince him( or anyone ) at this point otherwise. Close to 0% of this board is undecided. Prolly for over a month now. The fun of this thread is watching the interaction, point/counterpoint discourse between factions, and the occasional one-liners from the resident comedians that you hope you aren't drinking something carbonated at the time you read their quips, because it burns when it comes out your nose. 

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, mudhog said:

I don't know what's so hard about it. He starts his post saying he likes Maye. I think what's not "in good faith" is you dime-ing him out as being biased when you already know the source is Maye leaning. More stunningly, you seem to think that you can convince him( or anyone ) at this point otherwise. Close to 0% of this board is undecided. Prolly for over a month now. The fun of this thread is watching the interaction, point/counterpoint discourse between factions, and the occasional one-liners from the resident comedians that you hope you aren't drinking something carbonated at the time you read their quips, because it burns when it comes out your nose. 

Over the last day and a half the board has come closer to the center of “both of them could possibly be good” than the very Maye leaning “Daniels has bust written all over him” argument. Part of the fun for me is learning about football from people who are willing to interact with my clearly less educated ideas.

I think he is the definition of biased. Calling him out wasn’t intended to be a slight to him, just pointing out that I think he is unfair in some of his points. I don’t even really think he is wrong his stats have merit I just don’t like how he frames some of them. So here I go arguing again. 

He convinced me though of some of it though. Not sure how much still reevaluating my opinion. I definitely argue to either be convinced to try to convince. That’s the fun for me and I dare say it has helped me in my professional life. I don’t think y’all know how smart some of you are compared to most people. I work with people who all have multiple masters and all the other documents saying how smart they are. None of them can argue a point like some of you can. I’m being very serious. The things I learn challenging y’all are not all football related.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

ASSUMING THIS LAST POST IS CORRECT:

Holy **** boys!

I'm writing this down in pen.

Daniels is their guy barring a complete and utter collapse tomorrow.

No way you give him a whole day and everybody else gets shoehorned into a single day.

No way.

I don't buy it. They've essentially made up their minds. Everything else is just a stone you hurl at the sea.

Schefter is right again. Damn he is a boss! How does he always know????

And John Scholtz says Penix is meeting tomorrow after NE today. 

• Haha 1