Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

15 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Howell for a 3rd and 5th from Denver, make it happen.

They have limited draft capital.  They aren't trading picks for anyone.  If they want another QB, I see them signing Darnold.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

They have limited draft capital.  They aren't trading picks for anyone.  If they want another QB, I see them signing Darnold.

They’ve got more mid rounders now and Howell is a very viable option whilst they clear the Wilson contract.

Doubt we get much for Howell. Mac Jones only fetched a 6th. Howell is better but not demonstrably so and doesn't have the pedigree of former 1st round pick from Alabama. 

If he gets even a 5th I'd take it and run.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 2

26 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Howell for a 3rd and 5th from Denver, make it happen.

I wouldn't trade Howell this season....his durability is a huge plus and he won't hurt us if he has to play. Backup QB is important nowadays as we saw this past season with many teams. I think Kingsbury is gonna like working with Howell. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, zCommander said:

The eye test huh? You must be that guy at the carnivals that can just guess people's weight by just looking at them lol

Not sure if you’re just being purposefully obtuse, or you don’t watch much sports.

He looks like a ****ing cornerback, he’s not 215. He’s not 210. He played close to 200, maybe 205. He’s not big, at all.

Now we can argue about how weight doesn’t matter, which is cool, but there is no way he is adequate/average QB weight. If he was, he would have weighed in.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, seantaylor=god said:

Not sure if you’re just being purposefully obtuse, or you don’t watch much sports.

He looks like a ****ing cornerback, he’s not 215. He’s not 210. He played close to 200, maybe 205. He’s not big, at all.

Now we can argue about how weight doesn’t matter, which is cool, but there is no way he is adequate/average QB weight. If he was, he would have weighed in.

The fact you don't know how much football I watch or other sports for that matter makes your comment a little obtuse. TV on at 1pm. TV off at 11:30 pm every Sunday also MNF and TNF! 

Like I have said before, I don't speculate and it is very hard to just guess someone's weight by just looking at them. Bone density adds to the weight as well and can't be seen by the naked eye. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Kirk and his love for the almighty dollar strike again. He is going to leave the perfect situation for a few million more. When the guy has already made nearly 200 million.

Would you take less money for your work?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Kirk and his love for the almighty dollar strike again. He is going to leave the perfect situation for a few million more. When the guy has already made nearly 200 million.

If the Vikings are low balling him, why wouldn’t he want to test the market?  If ATL offers him a little bit more, it would actually be in his best interests to go to the Falcons.  The NFCN has the Lions and Packers (both significantly better teams than the Vikings), and a Bears team with a lot of cap space and a potential rookie phenomenon at QB.  The Falcons play in one of the worst divisions in football.  The Bucs aren’t a juggernaut, the Saints are in cap hell with a mediocre QB that they are paying lots of money to in Carr, and the Panthers are by far the worst team in the NFL.  Cousins to ATL makes a lot of sense, and the Falcons can own that division with Cousins at QB.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, zCommander said:

The fact you don't know how much football I watch or other sports for that matter makes your comment a little obtuse. TV on at 1pm. TV off at 11:30 pm every Sunday also MNF and TNF! 

Like I have said before, I don't speculate and it is very hard to just guess someone's weight by just looking at them. Bone density adds to the weight as well and can't be seen by the naked eye. 

Why do you think he refused to be weighed at the combine?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DiscoBob said:

Just curious.... did you scout / breakdown Josh Allen when he came out? Just wondering how similar you see Maye and Allen in in their college tape?

I didn’t.  

By general rule, I don’t watch college football all because it basically annoys me.  

This is a change.  I used to main line it about 15 years ago and then it kept getting worse and worse and worse.  And then I stopped.

I watched a little of Haskins the year we drafted him because it came out we were drafting him.  And I was like “yeah, ok?”  But I didn’t watch any of the other Qabs that year because it was basically a done deal several weeks before the draft.  

I didn’t bother in 2000 when we could have drafted a QB because Young was the pick at #2 for just about every team at that point without the benefit of hindsight. 

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Would you take less money for your work?

Well, in his case, because he has multi-generals wealth already and by taking somewhat less he would increase the chances of him doing the one thing he hasn’t done: won big in the playoffs.  

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Why do you think he refused to be weighed at the combine?

This was actually a red flag to me.  And I think Peters and company are smart enough to suss out water weight and other nonesense if he pulls something on his pro day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And I think Peters and company are smart enough to suss out water weight and other nonesense if he pulls something on his pro day.

He was never gonna throw or participate at the combine as a top draft pick.

The ideal time to flub the numbers w/ water weight shenanigans would have been the combine.

I'm surprised he didn't go that route.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

For a job with better benefits and a better culture? Yep. And I have.

These dude’s always chasing more and more money even though they’ve already made more than most will ever see in their lifetime through generations of working. And more often than not going into a ****ty situation where their career just fades into irrelevance

image.gif.70ed63db78927fb4c0c0e4e6a69f9865.gif

image.jpeg.1d546a27b12912ab7129d9b9cdad8db3.jpeg

Edited by WashingtonRedWolves
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

He was never gonna throw or participate at the combine as a top draft pick.

The ideal time to flub the numbers w/ water weight shenanigans would have been the combine.

I'm surprised he didn't go that route.

Maybe he's been trying to gain weight but not as successfully as he hoped and wanted the extra month between the combine and pro day.